Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» FELWORLD
by Grimone Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:45 pm

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Discord Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:29 am

» Taking the Reins? (IceWings)
by Gemna Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:49 pm

» My characters
by Zappy Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:31 pm

» Zappy
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:18 pm

» Resentment (Soshi)
by Incus Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:56 pm

» Fish, Fins, and Scales (Poem)
by Bassasail Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:33 pm

» hello???
by Bassasail Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 pm

» A Salty Encounter(Open)
by Minnow Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:57 am

» Ashram(solo)
by Richard Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:13 pm

» Eluuna (Finished)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 pm

» Something to Care About
by Abbadon Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:22 am

» Poem, the lost
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 am

» New Arrivals (Helia + Attor) [In need of a Guardian]
by Attor Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 pm

» Dark Shadows
by Poem Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:01 pm

» Leona's dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:25 pm

» Dealing with Darkness Part 2 (Chogath)
by Chogath Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:06 pm

» The Liber Perpetuity Mortis (Necromancy Lore, still in progress)
by Tenebris Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am

» Account Deletion Request
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:24 am

» A Difference...(Open)
by Poem Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:50 pm

» Harsh Realities (Open to Humans)
by Soshi Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:21 pm

» Island-Call [Wake]
by Phantasmas Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:06 am

» Discord Server?
by Lori Iolar Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:57 am

» Welcome To Chatbox.
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:51 am

» Zyra the Kind
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:38 am

Top posting users this month
Discord
The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Vote_lcapThe Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Voting_barThe Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Grimone
The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Vote_lcapThe Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Voting_barThe Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Vote_rcap 

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all)

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Empty The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

DAelorios Island -- Located in the Valoras Sea at a distance from the mainland that the former EarthWing territory is from the NightWing territory. It has been forgotten by the tribes, only a myth now. It is said to have been the place where Dragons first appeared after the world's creation. Known as the ElderWings, these Dragons resembled in appearance all of the Dragons seen today. When overcrowding threatened them, they migrated to the mainland which was much larger. Overtime they would evolve into the seven species seen today and eventually form tribes. The ElderWings left the island deserted, nothing but simple prey animals remaining... Or so it was thought.

//As mentioned above, this is an island that as been lost to time. So maybe your character heard a myth about it from their tribe's Scholar who discovered some vague writing about it. Or maybe you saw Baldirak heading out across the ocean and decided to follow him. Whatever your reason to going to the island, once there, you'll eventually encounter an NPC ElderWing--played by yours truly. And then you'll be led to the ElderWing's city. For more info on the ElderWing's history, read The History of Daelorios Island.//

Baldirak had ventured to the northernmost edge of the old EarthWing territory. When this place still belonged to his tribe, he would come here to gaze at the ocean. He sat now doing that very thing, inhaling the wonderfully salty air as waves rolled and crashed against the coast. In his youth, Baldirak had traveled across Pyrria, seeing as much as he could. He'd visited most of the small islands in the Crystal Sea and seen some islands elsewhere that he hadn't visited. One such island was just in front of him, though a good distance away. At the moment, Baldirak had absolutely nothing to do; his fellow EarthWings didn't require his services. So why couldn't visit that island for a little while? The more he sat there thinking about it, the more tempting it seemed. Opening his wings as he stood, Baldirak stepped off the cliff into a short dive before ascending to the sky. He smiled lightly as the cool ocean breeze hit him and the sun warmed his back. It was such a pleasant day. For about ten minutes, there was nothing to gaze upon but the ocean and the sky, neither of which had anything interesting in them. There were a few clouds dotting the robin egg blue sky. Some were thin wispy things that might fade to non-existence if the winds suddenly decided to change direction. Others were thick fluffy mounds of rabbit fur that cast shadows on the ground and covered the sun. But soon the EarthWing was able to see the coast of the island on the horizon. The coast was composed of rocks rather than sand, yet was still nice to look at. From his place in the sky, Baldirak could see that the island was covered in trees, the only noticeable clearing being a large lake at the center. But rather than going there, Baldirak landed on the rocky shore. He would work his way to the center of the island.

Last edited by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:07 pm

((Yep. Share away.))
Baldirak was now wandering inside the palace on the lake. He was currently in a room in which writing had been carved into the walls. The king sat in front of the east wall, reading. This palace, Baldirak had discovered, was well preserved. But he was surprised this included writings. For a length of time he couldn't be certain of, the Earth King read through all the inscriptions in the walls of this room. He determined that they were laws or perhaps the terms of an alliance. After leaving this room, he eventually stumbled into a library.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Secrets of DAelorios Island (Open to all)

Post by Torghaith Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 am

[...] So after i finally caught the boar, i was sliding down the hillside at an alarming and increasing speed, then i hit a bump, was sent flying, the boar wriggled free in the confusion, and proceeded to fly over the others several hundred paces away, screaming all the way. And that is the story of the day when people stopped saying "When boars fly" with me around if they did not want to do something.
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:37 am

Durval too had wandered over to hear Torg's stories. He laughed at the boar story. "You caught a boar too, aye? Fiesty little beasties, aren't they? You ought to come back here for the annual boar hunt." Ao pawed at Torg to get his attention. "Want to see something cool?"

My alts: Baldirak: Prophet of the Goddess Astral/EarthWing/Twilight King. Tulvir II: FireWing Guardian. Aerouant: Rogue. Haneul: SkyWing Guardian. Vann: SeaWing Guardian. Vilkas: EarthWing Demi-God. Atarijor XVI: IceWing Healer. Raak-tolIs: LightWIng Citizen, Servius Eirene Koinonia: Manticore/Eater of Humans, Svadilfare: Kryoan Warrior/Assassin, Ptelea: Rogue, Elara: Dragon/Human Hybrid Demigoddess
Kelarth
Kelarth
God of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:04 am

Well, I am not exactly some reknown hunter, you know.... turning to Ao Always.
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakarn Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:43 am

Jakarn was lost in thought for a while as he made his way through the marketplace quickly being thrown back into reality when a dragon bumped into him. "Oh okay; hi there I didn't realise that word spread so fast about visitors must be significant then. He looked of forward to Nyetai who had been leading the way. "It was really nice to meet you I'm a...scribe as well but I think I ought to be heading off again rather soon, I believe I have somewhere to be. He paused before referring to himself as a scribe for risk of his competency being tested as it would be a test he would surely fail.

((Sorry 'bout my inconsistent posting))
Jakarn
Jakarn
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Mae smiled. "It's quite significant, yes. I think we're going to the same place, the feast, right? And you're a Scribe? It's so nice to meet another lover of history and one from the mainland, no less!" Meanwhile, Nyetai had gotten a bit further ahead and was now inside the palace. She went in search of Henri.

Ao smiled and led Torg to a set of doors. Through them was a hall on either side of which were countless rooms. But the one Ao took the EarthWing to was full of odd and random items collected from bygone days. Basically a giant horde of stuff. And there were scrolls, of course, but also identical artifacts to those which the Hatchling had discovered in Torg's bag. Some were more advanced.

My alts: Baldirak: Prophet of the Goddess Astral/EarthWing/Twilight King. Tulvir II: FireWing Guardian. Aerouant: Rogue. Haneul: SkyWing Guardian. Vann: SeaWing Guardian. Vilkas: EarthWing Demi-God. Atarijor XVI: IceWing Healer. Raak-tolIs: LightWIng Citizen, Servius Eirene Koinonia: Manticore/Eater of Humans, Svadilfare: Kryoan Warrior/Assassin, Ptelea: Rogue, Elara: Dragon/Human Hybrid Demigoddess
Kelarth
Kelarth
God of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Torghaith was basically having an excitement overload at this point. It usually took much more time and effort to find something worth looting, and now there was an entire mountain before him. He started picking through all the stuff largely at random, in a most hectic(?) manner.
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Thatch Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am

Lily Thatch wrote:((Hullo everyone hope you don't mind me joining in))

Lily scans the waters that surround her, her wing beats start to falter as exhaustion begins to set in. She notices a island ahead and she makes her way for it. As she lands on the soft white sand, she drags herself just beyond the reach of the waves as her steps become heavy. She falls upon the sand, her great chest filled with labored breath

((Just got approved guys))
Lily Thatch
Lily Thatch

Female Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:18 am

Ao watched as Torghaith went through the accumulated items. After a moment, the Hatchling too looked at the items. He found a map of the world, one from before the creation of the tribes.

A baby Mesosaur crawled up onto the shore of the beach, but stayed in reach of the water. It tilted its head to one side, seeing a dragon lying on the beach. A raspy roar left its maw and when the dragon didn't move, it got a little closer. Must be lunch. But before the baby Mesosaur could bite down on the Dragon's tail, a voice sounded in the distance. "Bast! Where are you? Bast? Oh dear--Bast, that's not food!" A female ElderWing flew over, landing beside the NightWing. She looked at the newcomer and gently shook her. "Are you alright?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Thatch Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:34 am

Lily came back to reality almost too quick she jumped up and away a few feet in a hunters crouch, her head level with her tail covering the small shallow wound shaking nervously

Lily geared up for battle

Lily geared up for battle and ready to fight

Lily as a baby
(^Please do click them^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My alts: Virdania
Lily Thatch
Lily Thatch

Female Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:09 am

The ElderWing watched her and sat, curling her tail around her paws. She was calm and waited for the newcomer to calm down as well. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. Are you okay? You were breathing kinda heavy."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:40 am

((Would that map be like the current one? i mean there arent too many significant changes in it?))

After rummaging around for a while, Torg notices that Ao seems to have found something interesting enough to hold his attention for an extended period of time, and decides to investigate. What have you there...?
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:29 am

((The only big difference is that it has Daelorios on it and the mainland is smaller.))
Ao looked up at Torg and showed him the map. "It's a map of the world. One of the first ones, anyway. Back then, we thought our island was the mainland and that the mainland was just a small island where the gods lived."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:41 am

((If it has everything on it, how did they not realize how much larger the mainland was? O.o))

He looked at the map himself Well, this would be rather small for all the people living on the mainland these days. Not to mention that the Firewings would keep complaining about the cold, and the Icewings would thaw out...
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Thatch Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Baldirak Sapiens Draco wrote:The ElderWing watched her and sat, curling her tail around her paws. She was calm and waited for the newcomer to calm down as well. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. Are you okay? You were breathing kinda heavy."

Lily dropped out of her defensive stance as she realized the tattoo's on the top of her hips, shoulders, and forehead began to glow a violent electric blue, she paused and forced herself to relax and replied in almost a whisper, "Ya, I'm fine."
Lily Thatch
Lily Thatch

Female Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:19 pm

((It was before the migration. They believed their island was the mainland and that the mainland was an island.))

Ao giggled then went to find some more interesting things. "If you find something you really like, you can keep it. I doubt anyone remembers this stuff is here." The Hatchling found one of several old scrolls written by Otaa and started reading it.

The female smiled. "That's good. You must have had a long flight. This island is called Daelorios. My name is Jade and that little Mesosaur behind you is Bast. Don't worry, he won't bite."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Thatch Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Lily looks at Jade and bows her head slightly in greeting and replies, "My name is Lily." she stands up and moves towards Bast and nuzzles he softly

Lily geared up for battle

Lily geared up for battle and ready to fight

Lily as a baby
(^Please do click them^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My alts: Virdania
Lily Thatch
Lily Thatch

Female Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 am

"I have a story. So awhile back, i went of into NightWing territory to visit my Aunt Lacey. This was before the jerk Oculus became leader. So, on the way there i ran into one of the dragons i have heard stories about. She was a gray dragoness with a purple aura. I remember then i was alot more friendly, so i said 'Hi'. Well, she of corse said hi back, and offered me a potion. Well, i being friendly, accepted it. After I drank it, i fell asleep, or unconscious, if you wanna say that. And when i woke back up, i had cool abilities, like this!" Crystal opened her maw, a navy blue aura coming from it. She then shot a snowball out of her maw, it hitting the roof above Durval. Even while splatted, the snowball stayed in tact with the roof, the navy blue aura still surrounding it. "I can do icicles too."

[19:06:35] Crystal : Sora will never be dumped! He's to cute!  ~Cbox moment
"Why is Sora so shy? Im just trying to be polite." ~What Crystal thinks when Sora gets all shy
"My Brothers Dead. Its just a fact. I may not be able to get over it like you want, but i can still think about him."  ~Crystal if you mention it
"I know your not the boss of me, and you know it too." ~Crystal when she's ticked off

Crystals Theme song:
Crystal's short bio:
Name: Crystal
Mate: Sora
Crystal
Crystal
IceWing Trainee
IceWing Trainee

Female Cancer Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarijor XVI Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:07 am

Bast didn't seem to mind, but he soon was back in the ocean. Jade chuckled then stood and stretched. "So, Lily, are you from one of the tribes and would you like to see the island?"

A group of Hatchlings had sat around Crystal as she told a story. They smiled and gasped in awe as she made a snowball which seemed unable to lose its shape. Some flew up to the ceiling and hit it around with their tails, trying to get the snowball to break part.

IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:26 am

((But if they have a map of the mainland, they must know the layout of the shoreline. and if they know that, how did they not realize how much bigger it is when they first explored it?))

After rummaging through various heaps of scrolls, junk, doomsday devices, and other stuff, he eventually comes upon a small box thing. It has a crank on one side, and a circle with some notches along its edge on another, as well as a stick pointing to the middle. Eventually he figures out that if he turns the crank, the stick starts slowly rotating for a while.
Ao, do you have any idea what this is?

EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarijor XVI Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 am

((Look, its not an accurate map. It's just their guess based on what they thought. Like I said, it was made long before the migration, before they explored the mainland. There are other maps, current and accurate ones.))

Ao, looked at the device and sniffed it. "Smells Human. They must have left it behind after the war. They left a lot of things. I think it's used to measure something."

IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:12 am

((And this is how i keep pissing off people with what they deem nitpicking and what are important points in my opinion. i dont feel like arguing over this though.))

Hm.... Interesting... I'll be taking this if there are no objections. By the way, was it alright that we just walked out of the feast like that?
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarijor XVI Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:52 am

((You are being just a tad nitpicky Razz, but I'm not mad at all.))

Ao nodded. "Yeah, it's fine. Besides, the feast isn't even the important part. And anyway, you're a guest. You can do whatever you want." Ao dove into the pile again and emerged with a blue orb that seemed to glow.

IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Torghaith Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:56 am

Whatever i want, eh....?
Queue mental images of Torghaith crowning himself king of the elderwings.
Hm.... maybe next time. he glances back at Ao and sees the stone What's that?
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Thatch Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Atarijor XVI wrote:Bast didn't seem to mind, but he soon was back in the ocean. Jade chuckled then stood and stretched. "So, Lily, are you from one of the tribes and would you like to see the island?"

A group of Hatchlings had sat around Crystal as she told a story. They smiled and gasped in awe as she made a snowball which seemed unable to lose its shape. Some flew up to the ceiling and hit it around with their tails, trying to get the snowball to break part.

Lily looked back to Jade and replied, "I'm a Nightwing, and I'd love to." she stood and stretched her back in a catlike fashion, then nodded to the elder dragoness to lead on
Lily Thatch
Lily Thatch

Female Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum