Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Girvelk, the wise Dragon10
Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» Unexpected Repercussions (Tenebris)
by Tenebris Yesterday at 11:56 am

» Dealing with Darkness (Tenebris)
by Chogath Yesterday at 11:09 am

» Ice and Fire [Xajiva]
by Xajiva Yesterday at 10:43 am

» Kneel, Baldirak Che'le. Rise, Baldirak Sapiens Draco (Open to all)
by Tenebris Yesterday at 10:31 am

» Healing Flames (Twilight Imperium)
by Burner Yesterday at 10:31 am

» Snapping turtles and bedside manners [Burner]
by Burner Yesterday at 10:13 am

» Who Dat? (Tene and Family)
by Tenebris Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 pm

» New Arrivals (Helia + Attor) [In need of a Guardian]
by Helia Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:53 pm

» Resentment (Soshi)
by Incus Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 am

» Monsters, M o n s t e r s! (open)
by ElderWing Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:20 am

» Torrential downpour
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:36 pm

» Monster thingies that may or may not get finished
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:50 pm

» Compass the FireWing
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:42 pm

» Soup.
by Compass Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm

» Uma The Stinky (app offically done and ready for review)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:54 pm

» Clerihew, wielder of nightmares
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:17 pm

» Ocean mystics Characters
by Clerihew Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:49 am

» Bobby's characters
by Uma Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 am

» Hush, you need to heal [Attor ]
by Attor Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:46 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:15 pm

» The Dragon God and Goddess Religions
by Soshi Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:27 am

» the beach were it all began
by Poem Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:54 pm

» Poem, the lost
by Astral Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:22 pm

» The Mentor Program
by Poem Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:22 am

» The land of bearded kings (solo)
by Richard Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Top posting users this month
Tenebris
Girvelk, the wise Vote_lcapGirvelk, the wise Voting_barGirvelk, the wise Vote_rcap 
Burner
Girvelk, the wise Vote_lcapGirvelk, the wise Voting_barGirvelk, the wise Vote_rcap 
Chogath
Helia
Àlamei
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Xajiva
Incus

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Girvelk, the wise

Go down

Girvelk, the wise Empty Girvelk, the wise

Post by Girvelk on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Girvelk, the wise Wise_dragon_by_ishnet-d5g4q79
Personal Info
Name: Girvelk Ona-kuun
Alias: the Grey-mountain Sun
Personality: Girvelk's main attribute is, put blatantly, his wisdom. In his long life, he's encountered many things and is very relaxed and likes spreading his ideals on things like life, conflict, time, and more. This is also because he loves to tell stories, one of his hobbies. As a younger dragon, he was a very work-oriented person and didn't focus on the brighter side of life. After a *certain event*, he realized that he was too serious and has been very laid back ever since, being carefree and helpful to those that seek his aid. He can sometimes be a bit too open though, revealing secrets he may have forgotten about that were told to him by other people.
Interests: Girvelk loves relaxing hobbies, things such as just watching the sun rise and fall, or maybe storytelling to other dragons. He has a fondness to humans, and, depending on the traveler, favors them over some dragons. It's for that he isn't the most liked,  but he doesn't mind.
Dislikes: He dislikes, in a very strong term, snobby people. Girvelk also has a disliking for people that hurt nature, as he thinks that every living thing has to feel, and sometimes scold people that just go around doing whatever they feel to the near foliage. Lastly, he doesn't like firewings, as they tend to have a rowdy attitude that he doesn't like.
Fears: I'd rather say the fear in history, as I could also explain it and show some background at the same time. So skip down to that if you need too.

General Appearance
Height: 110 feet, near the max height for rogues
Scales: As you could guess by his alias, his scales are grey, though during the cold seasons they turn into a lighter shade.
Eyes: His eyes are a crystal blue, with flecks of green scattering the outside of the iris. However, his pupils are more rounded than a normal dragon's thinner pupils. Reason unknown.
Appearance: [as a joke, i guess you could say he's a *sunglasses* blue eyes white dragon. Eh? anyone? I'll just get on with it...] Girvelk has a very "grey" tone, mostly in his scales. His underbelly is a sharp white compared to his rough, grey scales. His head is slender, with a few thorny spikes protruding off the top of . His wings are at an average size and have a very leathery texture, making them weaker than the scales on his body. Lastly, his front claws have two front fingers and one in the back to help grab onto things, while is back claws have 4 toes to maintain balance. He does not wear any accessories, nor does he use weapons.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: Rogue, as he wanted to be able to help more than just say, earthlings or firewings and instead help all tribes (or tell stories to them, one or the other.)
Rank: Being a rogue, he has no rank, but he is regarded fondly by some.
Family: He has a mother and father, both deceased long ago. He also hints that he has other family, but tends not to mention them.
Mate: N/A?
Hatchlings: N/A?

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: As mentioned before, Girvelk has a talent in storytelling, though he usually only tells them to younger dragons. To those seeking his aid, Girvelk has knowledge of many places, some hidden, others distant. His time near the mountains has made him grow similair to an earthwing, and because of that his scales are a bit harder. Despite his old age, he has the ability to fly
Special Abilities: While nothing too special, his wings can become transparent during the cold seasons, though he doesn't have a purpose for it.
Weaknesses: Girvelk is a somewhat gullible person on the outside. If a person shows good heart as a way of fooling him, he won't think twice. He can also be a bit too open in his stories, rambling about little features.
Combat Style: While not the violent kind, Girvelk can take on a good variety of dragons, perhaps some with more strength than him if he's lucky. He can intimidate most with a strong roar, and if they are still confident will have the defensive upper hand do to his hard scales. He waits for someone to attempt to attack, and goes for a counter with his claws. Should they be attacking from a distance, he will leap at them and pounce attack the opponent.

Background
History: When he was born, Girvelk was an earthwing. However, as he grew up, he wanted to be a bit more expansive and left to be a rogue, despite the anger of his parents. Unlike himself now, he was a very hard-working dragon and traveled place to place working. However, after a certain job took him to nightwing territory, he's been a little reluctant to go there, or near those tribe-members. It was not a dangerous job, he just felt very threatened by the working area. He worked for many dragon years, but started getting a bit slower in his work. At one point, he met a wanderer who he talked to. The wanderer was carefree and just explored, not caring for work as much as Girvelk did. This made Girvelk think and start to be more relaxed. In the past dragon years, he's been spending his time in the mountains, occasionally flying out to see family or other sights.

RP Sample: A loud, slow roar emitted throughout the mountains. A group of wandering humans stumbled upon a stone-like dragon, who lowered his head down at the party, looking at them with one of his cold, blue eyes. "What brings you to this mountain small travelers?" The humans, shaking from fear, were quiet until one spoke up. "W-we came seeking your wisdom." the dragon raised it's head from them, saying, "So you have. To seek my wisdom is no easy task, but I sense in your hearts a lack of courage. Is it because you've never seen a dragon? Or perhaps you are just cowardice." This triggers the human that spoke to stop shaking, while the others looked in suprise...(etc. etc. you get it by now.)

Just say what needs changing if there is any. I thought a character like Paarthunax from TES:Skyrim would be interesting. Also those completely wierd/probably lying buzzfeed quizes said I was like these dragons. So here.

Last edited by Girvelk on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Girvelk

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Girvelk, the wise Empty Re: Girvelk, the wise

Post by Lori Iolar on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Awesome! You like Skyrim too?
YAY! I'm not the only one. It's good to have another dovahkiin around. Kermit's Yay

Quotes:
'Gala was born with the powers of a wild tractor, a feared species indeed.' ~Lao in the Chatbox on 3/27/15
[21:33:53] * Lori would purr if she was a car ;~;

Lori's Theme <3: https://youtu.be/uHJyAZtRrOY

Girvelk, the wise Jhin10
Art mine <3
Lori Iolar
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyros on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:55 pm

You can be older, you know. 97 is actually pretty young, if you were going for a really old dragon or something. ^.^

Which one do you believe is more dangerous?

Girvelk, the wise 2i6e5i9

Alts: Adra, Hikari, Neru, Wisp, Asailia, Natsu
Zephyros
Zephyros
God of Storms and Lightning
God of Storms and Lightning

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Girvelk on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:42 pm

well I read dragon years are 30 human years (from what I read on the forum), making him near 1000 human years. if it can be older, wooo.

"Every man has a flaw and every flaw changes that man's life. Those who say they have no flaws have one of the worst-pride. Only a man that denies his lack of flaws could be flawless, but even they admit their minor ones." anonymous.

Newbie, only gots one character, yada yada yada.

Girvelk

Back to top Go down

Post by Xephyr on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:06 am

I asked, they need to change it from 'Human Years' to 'Dragon Years'.
Xephyr
Xephyr
LightWing Hatchling
LightWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Girvelk on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:33 am

So I'm all clear? or anything wrong with it? or do I just have to wait for da mods?

"Every man has a flaw and every flaw changes that man's life. Those who say they have no flaws have one of the worst-pride. Only a man that denies his lack of flaws could be flawless, but even they admit their minor ones." anonymous.

Girvelk

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:05 am

97 dragons years is very old that's only 3 dragon years away from the age limit. A dragon that old certainly isn't going to be able to take on more than one dragon maybe three if you were an experienced fighter but looking at your character that doesn't seem like something he ever was. Are you sure you want this dragon to be this old and not like 90 or something?

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Girvelk on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:58 pm

hmm...alright. edited age and combat style (makin it concise.)

Girvelk

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 am

APPROVED

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum