Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» An unexpected encounter ( Private w/ Hildrhilt )
by Tharasis Today at 6:35 pm

» On the Hunt (Tharasis)
by Tharasis Today at 6:22 pm

» Phealyn
by Nikki6Ashba Today at 5:58 pm

» Comfort Zones (Hildrhilt)
by Atarijor XVI Yesterday at 6:44 pm

» The Search (Open to All)
by Hildrhilt Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:50 pm

» Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)
by Svadilfare Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 pm

» Bit of a character builder
by Hildrhilt Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 pm

» Soulcry changes his diet, (solo/open)
by Soulcry Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:08 pm

» Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:20 pm

» Blood Trail in The Sand (Open)
by Servius Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am

» A Walk Through the Cold (Open)
by Tharasis Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:04 am

» A Hatching [OPEN]
by Ptelea Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 pm

» Stricken with a Sickness. . . Or Something More? (Súl Iolar)
by Súl Iolar Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm

» An Attack by the River (Story Submission!!)
by Lori Iolar Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm

» An Important Question (Story Submission!!!)
by Lori Iolar Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:11 pm

» Tharasis App
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:47 pm

» Absolute Disaster's Character Roster
by Azorius Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 pm

» Azorius
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:20 pm

» Trading Post (open)
by Svadilfare Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 am

» Wantin' Things to Do With Characters
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 pm

» Alternate Origins: A Multiverse Adventure (Open to all)
by Súl Iolar Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 am

» Due Iolar
by Wake Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

» Súl Iolar
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:20 pm

» Lori Iolar
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 pm

» Atarijor XVI
by Wake Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

Snowblaze

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Stricken with a Sickness. . . Or Something More? (Súl Iolar)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stricken with a Sickness. . . Or Something More? (Súl Iolar)

Post by Lori Iolar on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

It had been four months since Lori Kat became Lori Iolar and recieved the Marksman of Ammos as her husband. Her life since had been a good one, waking up next to the one she loved and going to sleep in his arms. This was definitely a life Lori loved, but a week ago things suddenly got peculiar. Lori began waking up with nausea in the middle of the night and vomiting throughout the day without a fever. She had also had trouble maneuvering herself around, unable to run like she used to. Lori never had a sickness like this before, and it was kind of scaring her.

One morning, Lori Iolar would be sprawled out on her and Súl's bed, her hand across her face. She was rather pale and groaning in pain. This wouldnt be a new occurrence-- Lori had been waking up like this every morning for the past week. What was wrong with her? Would it pass?

Quotes:
'Gala was born with the powers of a wild tractor, a feared species indeed.' ~Lao in the Chatbox on 3/27/15
[21:33:53] * Lori would purr if she was a car ;~;

Lori's Theme <3: https://youtu.be/uHJyAZtRrOY

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stricken with a Sickness. . . Or Something More? (Súl Iolar)

Post by Lori Iolar on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

"Yes. I'm his wife." Lori stood as straight as she could and walked to be at Súl's side. She knew she still looked like an ant next to her husband, him being more than a foot taller than her. She nudged Súl gently. "Love, maybe you should give her a chance to speak." Lori didnt quite trust Dragon Keeper yet, but she thought they should at least listen to what she has to say.

Quotes:
'Gala was born with the powers of a wild tractor, a feared species indeed.' ~Lao in the Chatbox on 3/27/15

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 am

Súl looked to his wife, smiling a bit and knew she was right. He should at least give the woman a chance. The man sighed a bit, saying "Ok. What do you want?"

"Well, I was just... I wanted to see what happened to you after you left. I still haven't forgiven you for letting all those dragons loose, but that doesn't mean I'm not your mother. I can tell you've made a good living for yourself though." Súl looked a bit confused.

"Is that it?" The woman nodded, leaving Súl to think. He eyed Lori, trying to get an idea of what she thought.

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Theme: https://youtu.be/_RAuU9URKY4
Súl Iolar

Male Posts : 161

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 am

Lori returned the glance to Súl. She didn't know Dragon Keeper like her husband did, but she wasn't sure what she thought. She believed that everyone deserved a second chance, but she didn't know Dragon Keeper's past. Slowly, Lori stepped a little closer and smiled warily. "Well. . . Hello. My name is Lori Iolar. Súl and I married some time ago." She patted her belly. "And, as you can see, we have a little one on the way." Lori wasn't sure whether to trust the woman yet, but she at least wanted to test the waters.

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:00 am

The woman smiled a bit, looking at Lori.

"Bíodh Iolar. And it's good to see my son's making a family out here." Súl was clearly surprised, never seeing his mother act like this before, or at least after his father passed away. Maybe she actually had changed? The Marksman soon walked up, then spoke with a calm tone.

"Mom. If you want, and if Lori's ok with it, you can come in."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am

Lori nodded eagerly. "Of course!" She turned and walked as fast as she could to the door, panting a bit from the effort. The girl opened the door for Súl and Bíodh to enter. "I've kept it very clean," she said shyly. "The baby won't be born before long so I want to make sure everything is perfect." Lori didnt know what more to say. She was wondering whether this was all a charade or if Bíodh really changed. The girl contemplated whether to call El or not, but just to be safe she didn't in case Bíodh did something.

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:50 am

Bíodh seemed to be surprised when she walked into the tent, looking at the place. "Never thought a tent could be so... homey." Súl was still surprised with how his mother was acting, trying to figure out if she was being honest or not. He still didn't fully trust her, but at least she seemed to have changed.

"Yeah. We tend to be good at keeping tents nice looking around here."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am

Lori walked over and laid back on a small couch, stretching out and sighing in relief. She had been standing up most of the day and she felt terribly fatigued. The baby in her belly was also moving around, repositioning itself and kicking and squirming. Through her dress, which was tight around her torso, she could see her belly moving as the baby shifted. Lori sighed, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them again. It was a little painful, but she could make it. "Sorry," she said apologetically. "Would you like some tea?" Lori smiled at Bíodh gently.

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Súl sat down next to his wife, putting his arm around her, as Bíodh took a chair. She chuckled a bit a the question and shook her head. "It's ok. I'm good. I know what it's like to carry a child." Súl was still surprised how is mom was acting.

"So.... How have you been anyway?" The woman sighed.

"Ok. Had to give up on the dragon trade after you released them all."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

Lori sidled to her husband's side, stifling a yawn. Carrying their child around was tiring, but she didn't want to be rude so she remained attentive to the conversation. When Bíodh mentioned 'dragon trade', Lori tilted her head. "If you don't do dragon trade anymore," the girl spoke, "then what do you do?"

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:18 am

“Oh, I deal with more normal creatures now. Still exotic, but nothing massive. At my age, dragons are just too... problematic to care for.” This really surprised Súl. He never thought his mom would give up on her dragon keeping. Granted, he had hadn’t seen his mother in years, but it was still a shock that she’d give up the trade. Súl then sighed, looking at his mom.

”Gotta be honest. You’ve changed a lot.”

“Yet you still seem like the same young man that left.” She then held up a familiar looking arrowhead. It was old, but definitely Súl’s preferred style. The man just looked shocked, not really able to respond. “I’ve known ever since they started talking. Never told a soul.”

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Lori was just as shocked as Súl. She glanced at her husband, then back to Bíodh. "You. . . Really did change. . ."

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Bíodh gave Lori an odd look. "Never said I agreed with what he did, but I just figured it payed good. Plus, he got to spite me." Súl tried to keep from looking too relieved, but inside he was almost happier his mother didn't know the true answer answer to why he attacked the trappers. But then his mother added something. "The one thing I don't understand though is how you learned to speak to dragons. I don't know it, so your story doesn't hold water."

At this point Súl looked concerned. How would he explain this one? He quickly came up with something. "Well.... Got kinda bored with doing something I didn't want to do, so I got one of the dragons to teach me." While the old dragon keeper didn't look convinced, she simply nodded. Then the archer pointed to El's room, silently asking Lori what she thought of letting El meet her grandmother.

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Lori listened to the conversation quietly, only nodding in silence. The only thing she disagreed with is that she believed Súl didn't become a dragon-saver to spite his mother, but -because he knew it was the right thing to do. But Lori didn't want to cause a ruckus so she didn't say anything until Súl gestured to El's room. She nodded, twisted her head to the room, and called, "El! Come here, hon. We have someone for you to meet."

Despite being too exhausted to get up, Lori still stayed on high alert in case something unexpected happened.

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:09 pm

El nervously came from her room, still wary of the woman. She quickly came around to where her parents were sitting, staying close to them. She definitely remembered that Bíodh had followed her. Súl couldn't blame her, and he gave Lori a slightly concerned look when he noticed how cautious El was. Was this the right thing to do. He had told her about what happened to him. Either way, no going back now. He calmly spoke to his mother. "Well, Mom, this is our daughter, Elizabeth. We call her 'El' for short though. El, this is your Grandmother." The woman smiled, looking at the girl.

"Nice to meet you El. I'm sorry for before. I... I just wanted to find your father."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Lori noticed how wary El was and rubbed her shoulder gently, trying to be assuring. "It's okay, dear. You're safe here." She knew how El must have felt and understood if she didn't quite want to get near Bíodh yet. So as a gesture to let El sit with her, she moved her legs to give room on the couch for her daughter in case she wanted to be next to her. Lori just wanted the girl to feel safe.

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:12 am

El soon sat by her mother, leaning on her a bit, but being careful. She then looked at her grandmother, smiling a bit. "It's ok." The woman smiled as she looked at the girl.

"She's quite a beautiful one, isn't she?" Súl could help but smile as he noticed his daughter blush a bit from the comment. The woman then looked outside, sighing. "Well, it looks like it may be time for me to go. I'm... I'm glad I got to see you again." Súl frowned slightly, but got up as his mother did and looked at her.

"I'm glad too. I honestly can't believe you came though." After some quick goodbyes, Súl looked at his wife, giving her a quick kiss. "I never in a million years would've thought that would happen."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:29 am

After Lori bid Bíodh farewell, Lori leaned into her husband and returned the kiss. She looked out the window. "That. . . Was quite the surprise." Her eyes were widened in shock, but her chest heaved in relief. "To be honest, I was really nervous there. I know it looks like she changed but I can't help but worry, I guess. . ." The woman sighed deeply, closing her eyes for a minute. Then she opened them and smiled at Súl meekly. "Are you happy to see her?"

Quotes:

Art mine <3
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm

As Lori leaned in Súl wrapped his arm around her, smiling as she returned his kiss. He noticed that she seemed shocked, though she did sound relieved. The Marksman of Ammos smiled a bit as his wife started commenting, but his look became more when she asked if he was happy to see her. "To be honest: I don't really know if I am or not." He then walked back inside, quickly preparing some of the herbs for Lori, bringing them out for her. "It's really hard for me to say right now."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2