Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» Tharasis App
by Tharasis Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Nearan's Character Sheet
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Audience with the God of Fortune (Wake)
by Wake Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Searching (Open to Dragons/Lessers)
by Wake Yesterday at 10:20 am

» The Search (Open to All)
by Hildrhilt Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 pm

» Trading Post (open)
by Discord Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm

» Looking for family or mate later on down the road
by Hildrhilt Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:09 pm

» Updated Active Characters List
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

» Hildrhilt's Character List
by Hildrhilt Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:31 am

» Hildrhilt of Storm and Earth
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51 pm

» Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)
by Svadilfare Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm

» Dominion Realms,the construction of a unique sci-fi fantasy forum!
by Bassasail Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:31 am

» In Hunt of Survivors (Twilight Imperium, Open to all)
by Tharasis Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 am

» Field Hospital(Sherlock)
by malaki Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:06 am

» Edge of Success (Aftermath continued)
by Attor Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 pm

» A Glimmer of Hope in the Darkness (Starlight Order only)
by Snowscale Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm

» Super Smash Bros Life Itself
by Marin Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:38 pm

» SkyWing and LightWing Ranks
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:31 pm

» Destella: The Feathered Serpent
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 am

» Aevon of Earth and Steel
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm

» mate or family
by malaki Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 pm

» Sherlock
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am

» Uhhh Hello
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 am

» Story Submission: A Dragon in the Southern Skies (Multiverse Contest.)
by Wake Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 am

» A Dragon in the Southern Skies (Multiverse Contest)
by Wake Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

My Choice (Wake)

Go down

My Choice (Wake)

Post by Aari on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:45 am

"How much you selling it for." Asked a man with brown hair that almost looked mushroom like. He was dressed in business attire and was facing a a noble man with short blond hair and a horse shoe mustache. He was in his mid 30s and his name was Fredrick.

"How much you have available? This isn't a just any old dragon stuck in a cage requiring high maintenance and little yield. She is very unique the world of men will never see another dragon like this one. She is extremely docile and tame." Fredrick said.

"She?" the business man asked.

"Yes she. Just like any other animal they go into heat and it wasn't hard to figure out from there through observation that she is female."

"These are grand claims to be sure. I have yet to so much as see the beast. I assure you I have the coin to pay whatever price you seek."

"Ah yes of course. Right this way." Fredrick led the buisness man over to a very large very sturdy cage. Inside was the massive form of an adult dragon. If one could so small as a human was capable of looking past the large and intimidating beast that could level a city they might take notice of the particular illusion of softness her scales portrayed. Clean corners and graceful in form like a snake but tougher than an alligator. She actually didn't look all that scary if you didn't notice her accentuated claws and her teeth filled snout was closed, which was the case as the blue and white dragon appeared to be sleeping.

"Watch this." Fredrick said as he opened a human sized door and went inside the cage before closing it shut behind him not that the dragon could dream of fitting through an exit that small.

"Are you mad?" The brown haired man stressed in a hushed voice for fear of stirring the beast.

Fredrick approached her rather casually. "Hey Crystal." The business man froze as the beasts great red eyes snapped open and it's gazed flicked between the two men, but it otherwise didn't move a muscle. Fredrick continued advancing unfazed till he stood right next to her head and began petting the top of it. Her eyes slowly closed shut. "See, very docile."

"Excellent I'll take it!"

"What do you plan on doing with her?"

"What does it matter name your price and it's sold."

"Because a prize this magnificent shouldn't be spoiled it'll lose it's value. Look at how unharmed she is. She has been in human captivity for a long time and yet not a sign of of revenge afflicted upon her. Each of her owners before me recognized Crystal's worth."

"Well I was going to use her as a circus act. A motivation so to speak to show that we need not fear the dragons. A little taste of revenge everyone in the audience. It'd be an act worthy of royalty and the wealth they'll bring with them. It is perfect. Any other dragon would be too dangerous with those sort of patrons around."

"You are not worthy of this priceless treasure."

The the two had a disgruntled parting but it matter not. There would be other buyers to come and surely one among them would be able to see past their prejudice and realize what a rare creature they could potentially have.
Aari
SeaWing Trainee
SeaWing Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Choice (Wake)

Post by Súl Iolar on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:24 am

Sul slowly made his way to the location he had been given by a trapper who couldn't hold his liquor too well. Always nice when their loose lipped, the man thought to himself as he pressed forward. He had been extra careful no to be followed, and soon, he set his sights on the place he was looking for. The Marksman of Ammos crept closer until he saw a caged dragon, and two humans near it.

The two men looked quite high up on the social totem pole, which honestly made Sul a little more happy to free the dragon soon. But when he saw one step into the cage... well... he didn't know what to think. The dragon did nothing. Nothing! She just let him pet her. He rarely got lucky enough not to be growled or snapped at when he released dragons as healthy as her. Maybe she was just trying to avoid being hurt? That had to be it.

With that thought, the Dragon's Tongue waited until the men left, and began to make his way down, being sure to dispatch any guards with an arrow to the neck to prevent any sort of call for help. He quickly retrieved his arrows, and hunted for keys. If he finds them, he quickly begins to unlock the cage. If not he would simply pick the locks. Either way once he had opened the cage fully, the man walked in and looked at the dragon, speaking in the dragon's tongue with a calm, assuring tone. "Ok you, best get outta here while the getting's good."

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Theme: https://youtu.be/_RAuU9URKY4
Súl Iolar

Male Posts : 115

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aari on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 pm

If Aari cared what was going on around her she might have noticed something was amiss. But what did it matter the humans were always up to something. 525,607 The annoying clinking of metal coming from her cage was enough for her to at least open her eyes. 525,608 A human appeared to be picking the lock. Was she being stolen? 525,609 How the heck did he plan on moving her? 525,610 The stranger bravely stepped inside her cage and then surprised her when he spoke in the tongue of the dragons. It surprised her so much she lost count of what number she was on. Standing up Aari towered over the human she stood at a 20 feet tall though she was more sitting on her hunches, so half standing up. She shook her head back and forth trying to remember what number she was on with no success. Whatever she'll see what this human wants and then try and figure it out. Hopefully she wouldn't have to restart. Wait he spoke in the dragon language. How did he know the dragon language?

"Who are you?" She replied in dragonic.
Aari
SeaWing Trainee
SeaWing Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 pm

The marksman looked at the dragoness. She seemed shocked by the fact that he could speak draconic. Then again, most dragons were. It wasn’t a common thing among humans to even fake a decent call, let alone actually speak their tongue. She sat up and shook her head. Honestly it was kinda cute looking, and he really wished El and Lori could see this one. She then asked who the man was.

”My name’s Súl Iolar,” the hooded man began, still speaking in a dragon’s voice. ”And since I know it’ll come up, I’m basically a freer of dragons. I know your kind aren’t mere creatures, and I try to help y’all get out of cages.”

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aari on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Huh this human was rather sympathetic to dragons it seemed. Why though? It was one thing to feel for them and another to act on it and actively free dragons. This was clearly some trick. Fredrick probably hired some guy who somehow was fluent in the dragon language, somehow and was giving her a test. Or maybe a potential buyer. Aari hated being sold. Whenever she got a new owner they were always super rough like they had something to prove or something up until they realized she didn't care and was up for doing whatever they wanted. Her only advantage was they didn't want her to do too much since they thought her simply an animal. Wait but then why was this guy here and how come he could speak dragonic. Whatever it didn't matter.

"Thanks Mr.Human but no thanks." Aari said as she laid herself back down. "I don't want to go anywhere."
Aari
SeaWing Trainee
SeaWing Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Wha... what did she just say? She didn’t want to leave? Súl had never met a dragon that didn’t want to be free. It made the Ammosian wonder what was going through this dragoness’s mind. What would make a dragon not want to be free? The man just shook his head, rubbing his temples some as he tried to think. Súl would have understood the being attacked, not anything new for him, but he just couldn’t understand this. Was she worried about her safety? Thanks to those beasts it was a possibility. He just couldn’t know for sure. He soon looked back at Aari, and began to speak again. ”You know. You’re the first dragon to not attack me or go running once they get the chance. Why’s that?”

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aari on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 am

"And you're the first human I've met who knows my language." Aari said but this time in the human language which just like humans, dragons tended not to bother learning let alone speaking. Aari let a long sigh out of her nose. "I didn't attack you because there is no point. I don't leave because this is my home. I am fed and I am safe or at least as safe as I can be. Now if you could please. If they think I tried to escape they are going to get angry and you made me lose what number I was on. Go release other dragons so they can see what is left of the world and maybe by some miracle they have family or at least friends left alive." Aari said solemnly and closed her eyes. She was the only survivor of her family and the only survivor of her tribe.
Aari
SeaWing Trainee
SeaWing Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 am

Súl could actually empathize with the dragoness's views. He lived in Ammos after all, and had seen the hardships that many there had gone through. Granted, nothing was like this. The possibility that your entire family was just... gone. He still had never seen a dragon so content with being caged, and had rarely heard one speak with a human tongue! The marksman slowly walked up before speaking again, this time speaking a more expected human tongue. "You know, a little over a decade ago, I may've agreed with you, but I learned something a long time ago. Being trapped, whether by force, safety..., or blood, will always leave you wanting freedom. I learned your tongue from a dragon in my mothers own keep, one she threw me into for a night after I told her I didn't want to be a dragon keeper like her. I could have stayed. Probably would have had a better life too. But I would have miss so much of what I love now."

Súl then walked closer, placing a hand on the dragon's head, and spoke again, this time in draconic. "You may be fine living in a cage now, but what about when those creature are gone. What if you still have family, or a tribe, out there?"

Name by Lori.
Alts of Wake
Súl Iolar

View user profile

Back to top Go down