Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Random Encounters (Open to All)
by Reality Glitch Today at 10:44 am

» One-Sentence-Story Game
by Mithridae Today at 2:46 am

» Finding a Tribe (Icewings only)
by Snowblaze Yesterday at 9:24 pm

» Stumbling over some ruins (Open to all)
by Tormaigh Yesterday at 3:09 pm

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» In War, Even Hatchlings Have A Part To Play (Cyclone and Typhoon)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Yesterday at 11:44 am

» A Foreign Danger (Request Invite)
by Svadilfare Yesterday at 8:46 am

» Beseige - Open to All
by Karu Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

» ... But When One Story Ends...
by Karic Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 am

» Attack on Ammos (Humans)
by Súl Iolar Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 am

» Ashburn's Knight - Perspective Contest Entry
by Guarnere Sat May 19, 2018 4:58 am

» Rayla's shtuff I guess
by Rayla Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 pm

» A shallow Reef (Open to all)
by Jansi Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

» Perspective Contest!
by Astral Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 am

» Guarnere, Errant Dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am

» Mithridae's Character Collective
by Mithridae Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 pm

» Bitter (open, Baldi invited)
by Atarijor XVI Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm

» Mithridae Kyne, Knight Errant
by Astral Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 pm

» Baldirak Sapiens Draco
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 pm

» Lastrioso
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue May 15, 2018 8:44 am

» Greetings
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 am

» Karu the Lightwing
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 9:59 pm

» Question about new ability's and dragon points
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm

» Khusavir - EarthWing Demi God
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 am

» Evaleen the EarthWing Demigod
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 11:28 am

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Random Encounters (Open to All)

Go down

Random Encounters (Open to All)

Post by Wake on Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Wake flew over the Rogue Lands, keeping his eyes and ear sharp to anything that would attack him. He was definitely glad that that Thantos had taught him illusion magic. It was really coming in handy after... well... everything! Monsters roamed the lands now, and being a Rogue really didn’t help matters. He didn’t have anyone to watch his make, but at least he was good at running and hiding.

After some time, the wyvern landed and sniffed the air. There had to be some prey around somewhere. Even a goat would be nice right now. He would usually fish, but too many humans were fish off the coast for his liking. So here he was, trying to find any “normal” prey. His horn went limp and slid down his neck. Nothing.

Name by Lori.
Alts: Tormaigh, Cyclone and Typhoon, Súl Iolar, Snowblaze, Destella.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Encounters (Open to All)

Post by Aura on Wed May 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Aura was laying on her back, her tail flicking lazily back and forth, her eyes closed, as she laid on a rock in a sunny clearing. She had managed to escape her mother's gaze for a little bit, and was now enjoying her quote on quote "Free time". She was suppose to be having battle training this morning, but she had ran off instead. She knew Gaea would be mad - this was the third time this week she'd skipped training - but what else was Aura suppose to do? Get beat up by her mom again? No, thank you.

The young ice dragoness made a soft grown, turning on her perch, and staring lazily over at the tall grass. She continued to lazily flick her tail back and forth. Maybe she should go hunting. She'd flown at least 60 miles from her cave, so it would take a bit for her mother to find her. But still.. she couldn't be too risky.

Yawning, she stood up, stretching. She then leaped off the rock, and began walking in a random direction, not sure what her intention was. Guess she'd go wherever the trees took her.

Aura didn't understand the constant supervision her mom gave her. She was nearly 23 now. Wasn't she old enough to make her own decisions? It infuriated her sometimes. But.... still. Where else did she have to go? She wasn't sure how long she'd last on her own, not with these monsters about, and she certainly wasn't going to ask any filthy tribe for help.

Aura perked her ears and sniffed the wind, stopping when she picked up the scent of a deer. She smirked. Finally, lunch. Aura got into a crouching position, her claws digging into the underbrush. Quietly, she began to creep through the darkness of the forest, her ears lowered.

However, as she crept through the darkenss, the deer just barely coming into view, a new scent hit her. The scent of.... another dragon? She tensed.

Male Posts : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch on Fri May 11, 2018 10:32 am

Stay low to the ground. Try not to make a sound.

The deer couldn't have been more than 10 meters from me as I slowly continued my approach; it wasn't yet aware of my presence, but with the scent of other dragons on the air I had to move quickly or lose my venison meal.

My mind moved at mile-a-minute with the potential strategies for take-down, but didn't have the luxury of time necessary for a fully thought-out decision.

I made the leap from not 5 meters away. By the time their legs finally began moving to carry them away from me, my weight was already buckling their knees. With simply resting stop them being sufficient to keep them pinned, I took a moment to survey my surroundings; I could still smell the other dragon--no; two dragons--waiting nearby. With time still of the essences, I dispatched my prey by obliterating their head (the quickest and least painful method I could think of, if done properly), sprayed my breathweapon to form a ring of contact irritant around me (useless against flight, but better than nothing), and quickly began devouring my catch. Mamma had recently finished weening me of her culinary assistance, and I'm still struggling to hunt for myself, so I needed to make sure I got my fill before anyone (or anything) else could take it from me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

Wake had finally picked up the scent of a deer, and was careful stalking the creature. Or at least he was before the scent of a... no. The scent of two dragons entered his nostrils. The wyvern’s horns flared slightly. He knew it was a better scent then monster, but still. These were the Rogue Lands after all, and many dragons weren’t quite friendly.

The wyvern slowly walked forward, trying to make as little noise as possible. His smaller size helped, but he wasn’t a hatchling. As the scent of the deer got stronger, so did the dragons’ scents. After some more time, he spotted the deer for a split second before a small dragon, not quite a hatchling, tackled it. Darn! So close! Sure Wake could scare the smaller dragon off, but he was better than that. But there was still another dragon somewhere. With that in mind, the wyvern let out a light screech before speaking.

”Beat me to it, kid.” Wake’s eyes looked left and right, trying to spy the other dragon. He sort of wondered who it was, and whether they were friendly or hostile.

Name by Lori.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura on Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 am

Aura watched the deer with a trained focus, her eyes narrowed as she began to get closer. However, it seemed that she had been mistaken, for it was not one additional dragon she smelled, but two. This made her wince, and dip down a bit, and just in time, too, it seemed. From the trees sprang another dragon.This one appeared to be rather young, though, no older than perhaps an apprentice.

Aura cursed as the young dragon stole her catch. She had half a mind to attack her for it, had not another dragon decided to show his scaley face. This was another male, though he was an adult, roughly the same size as Aura, perhaps a little smaller. Aura tensed, ready for a fight, but instead, the draon simply congratulated the smaller one. Did they know each other? Aura was confident in her abilities, but she wasn't sure how confident. SHe growled. She also wasn't sure if a fight was worth it for onne deer. But, at the same time, she was pretty hungry...

Aura decided the best option would be to wait, so she slunk back into the forest, trying to remain quiet, yet keeping careful eyes on the two strange rogues...

Male Posts : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sat May 12, 2018 11:53 am

Wake’s horns spread like a frill from his neck the moment a growl entered his ears. It was low, so there was a dragon trying to hide somewhere. He let out a slight hiss of his own as he looked around, focusing on where he heard the noise. The wyvern sniffed the air, trying to get what he could from it. The second dragon’s scent was close.

The small wyvern took a few steps forward, and made sure to place himself between the growl and the young dragon. His ghost grey eyes looked around the area. Where was this dragon. He finally noticed a light color in the woods, but he still couldn’t make out what the dragon looked like. Wake’s horns pressed back against his neck as he gave what he figured was the dragon a curious look. He then spoke with a friendly, but wary, tone.

”I can see ya. May as well quit hiding.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Today at 10:44 am

After about five minutes, I had stripped the deer of it's skin and meat, but decided to leave the internal organ for the others; I wasn't yet comfortable eating them raw and lacked the equipment to properly prepare them.

Slinking back to the edge of the ring I made, I climbed up a tree to keep out of the others' way. Mama was right: I won't be able to do this for much longer. I'm already getting pretty big for trees.

"I'm full; you have the rest." There was a cautious anxiety to my voice. Not only had mama's talk about stranger danger put me on edge, but I've never before had to faced-off against more than dragon at time.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum