Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Advisory Training? (Wake)
by Wake Today at 6:29 am

» Snow on the Mountain (Open to all)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Today at 6:19 am

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Yesterday at 8:23 pm

» I be Back... More or Less
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am

» An Odd set of Twins (Read/critic only)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am

» Abstract Reality
by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm

» Possible Monster Ideas
by Snowscale Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 am

» chaos theory
by Cassiopeia Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm

» Gone Next Week
by Wake Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 am

» Megalomania
by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 am

» Need Help with Character Creation? Post Here!
by Mudvine Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 pm

» Crescylla the Hidden Gem
by Snowscale Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am

» Spectre, Geist in the Mirror(updated)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

» Tribe Abbreviations
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am

» World of Pern - Canon Pern since 2012
by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm

» Solving the Mysteries (Open to All)
by Raygnar Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm

» Mission: Twilight (Open to all)
by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:08 pm

» Role-Playing and Roll-Playing
by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 am

» Argee, Aspiring Dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm

» Risk: Semi-Realistic Canine Roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

» By Tooth and Claw Dragons
by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:51 pm

» Birth of a Holy Mutant(Cass, Svad/Aero)
by Cassiopeia Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

» Reorganizing Stars (Open for Order of Starlights)
by Attor Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:44 am

» Raygnar, the Frozen Wind
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

» Tempest and Fireburst, Feathered Brothers
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Mission: Twilight (Open to all)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mission: Twilight (Open to all)

Post by Vilkas on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm

The Ogre staggered back as it was hit in the face with a spiked club. Before it could fully recover and strike back, however, its was engulfed from the shoulders up in flames. It roared and lifted its arms to shield its face, the only particularly vulnerable spot it possessed. When the flames ceased, it roared again and charged forward, shoving its opponent. There was too little time between the end of his attack and the Ogre's charge for Vilkas to react, so he braced himself. The Ogre was surprisingly strong. considering Vilkas was 76ft taller than it. Though he had started the fight in his normal form, currently, the hybrid demi-god was in his mutant form. And currently, he was being pushed backward by the Ogre. Suddenly the Ogre stopped and went to punch Vilkas in the side; at the same time, Vilkas raised his club and swung it at its head. Both hits landed, the former just mere seconds before the latter. Vilkas stumbled a bit, while the Ogre was sent flying 10ft. Vilkas picked up a large piece of volcanic rock and lumbered toward the Ogre. The Ogre, in the meantime, was slowly getting back to its feet. By the time Vilkas reached it, it had gotten onto one knee. Vilkas opened his mouth and spewed another stream of fire onto the monster for a good 20 seconds then brought the rock down onto its head. The Ogre, which was tolerate of pain, was still trying to get up, but fell again as it was struck with the rock. Vilkas roared and continued beating the Ogre's head with the rock, until finally the monster moved no more.

The Ogre dead, Vilkas tossed the rock down then walked back to where his spiked club lay. He picked it up and looked at it for a moment, scratched a mark into it with his claw. And then, as it disappeared, he changed back into his normal Dragon form. The young Vulcan/Guardian walked over to his kill and examined it. His uncle would be proud to see his mission had been successful. Vilkas sat to rest before taking the dead Ogre back to his uncle for study.
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mission: Twilight (Open to all)

Post by Reality Glitch on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 am

Right behind a lip in the opening of a near-by lavaltube, I’m hiding, terrified of what I just witnessed. I’ve never actually seen any of those portended creatures. Humans were dangerous enough that mama told me to be warry, but that one was 18ft. tall, full of musle, and not nearly as pleasent to look at.

The dragon, on the other paw, was as big as any of my uncles and twice as fierce. I’d never seen a dragon able to transform like that; it would be rather fascinating if it did scare me so much as to relieve me of my bowels.

As the larger dragon looked in my direction, I pulled my head back behind the cooled rock. Even a child such as myself knew that my reaction time wasn’t fast enough to avoid their gaze, but hopefully they’ll ignore me now that I am out of their sight.
Reality Glitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 am

As Vilkas rested, he looked around. He noticed a small Dragon nearby, behind some cooled lava. When he caught its gaze, it ducked back behind it. Apparently, the Dragon wasn't aware of just how tall VIlkas was, able to see over the rock. The demi god stood and walked over, lowering his head so the smaller Dragon wouldn't have to shout--assuming they spoke. "You can come out now. That monster is dead, it won't hurt you. Though I doubt it would have bothered with a Hatchling."
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:04 pm

“But you killed it; that makes you scarier.” I don’t really know why I say that; even a child such as I is aware it won’t help hiding from them or convincing them to ignore me. But I’m rather talkative, and the stress isn’t helping. Then again, I probably know that I can’t escape at this point so why even try.
Reality Glitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:52 pm

The EarthWing/FireWing hybrid had only been joking when he referred to the smaller Dragon as a Hatchling, but it appeared that he actually was. After all, he didn't object to being called one. "You think I'm scarier than a monster just because I killed it? I guess you haven't seen many of them. But that's good. Even one of the smaller creatures could kill a Hatchling who doesn't know how to fight yet. Speaking of which, where are your parents?"
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:57 am

If they thought their words were helping they were clearly mistaken. I curl up around myself, taking a position not unlike a embryo still it’s egg. Hopefully, I could at least invoke enough pity/parental instincts from them to avoid trouble. It seems to have worked since I heard them inquire about my parents. I’ve learned that for most people, their birth mother and the one how raises them are the same person, so I know they mean both when they say that; thus, I tell them about both, “Ani and Mama are back at our cave, they asked me to grab some laval rocks to help keep it warm.”
Reality Glitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am

The Hatchling curled up when Vilkas finished speaking but eventually answered his last question. This only made the EarthWing frown more. "Why would they do that?
Don't they know there's monsters running around? Why would they send a Hatchling? Are they too injured to do it themselves?"

Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 am

“We didn’t know about the monsters; we only just moved here. And they’re perfectly fine; that’s why they are out on their own errands at the same time.”
Reality Glitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am

The demi god couldn't believe what he was hearing. There were monsters everywhere. It was almost impossible to not run into one. How could anyone be oblivious to their presence? "That's... hard to believe unless you've been living underground maybe. But anyway, if your parents are healthy, then they shouldn't have sent you out here. Where do you live? I'll take you back."
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:08 pm

“We used to until the tunnels collapsed.  I can find my own way home, though; I left a trail for me to follow.  Don’t know how Mama will react to bringing home another stray.”  I know such a joke probably won’t go over well with the much more powerful and probably much less sense-of-humor-possessing individual such as they, but it helps take the edge of the anxiety of encountering such a frightening stranger.
Reality Glitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top