Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Advisory Training? (Wake)
by Wake Today at 6:29 am

» Snow on the Mountain (Open to all)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Today at 6:19 am

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Yesterday at 8:23 pm

» I be Back... More or Less
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am

» An Odd set of Twins (Read/critic only)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am

» Abstract Reality
by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm

» Possible Monster Ideas
by Snowscale Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 am

» chaos theory
by Cassiopeia Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm

» Gone Next Week
by Wake Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 am

» Megalomania
by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 am

» Need Help with Character Creation? Post Here!
by Mudvine Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 pm

» Crescylla the Hidden Gem
by Snowscale Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am

» Spectre, Geist in the Mirror(updated)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

» Tribe Abbreviations
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am

» World of Pern - Canon Pern since 2012
by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm

» Solving the Mysteries (Open to All)
by Raygnar Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm

» Mission: Twilight (Open to all)
by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:08 pm

» Role-Playing and Roll-Playing
by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 am

» Argee, Aspiring Dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm

» Risk: Semi-Realistic Canine Roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

» By Tooth and Claw Dragons
by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:51 pm

» Birth of a Holy Mutant(Cass, Svad/Aero)
by Cassiopeia Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

» Reorganizing Stars (Open for Order of Starlights)
by Attor Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:44 am

» Raygnar, the Frozen Wind
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

» Tempest and Fireburst, Feathered Brothers
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Advisory Training? (Wake)

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old dragon had quite a happy smile as he walked through a tunnel and eventually emerge into a cave with a large opening above. To one side was another large opening that showed the ocean as waves rocked against the entrance, his paws treading through the warm sand that was present through the whole cavern as he headed for a wooden structure of sorts. This structure being the remains of different human ships that wrecked and washed up inside the seaside cavern, most of which he gathered and made into a den of sorts. Satisfied of a quick look over, he turned back over to where the light shone down from the roof.

Pretty well hidden and large enough for his plans as he walked over onto a large flat stone bathed in sunlight and sat, curling up with a slight yawn. A faint smile showed, "A perfect place to train indeed." He chuckled as he waited for the young dragon to arrive.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 264

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 am

"This is where he kept some of his shadows in cold storage." Rathor talked as he walked on through. "Since this was long before you were born, he had his damnable blob things take MANY different forms to see what worked...and what didn't." He passed by a cauldron that hadn't tipped over and something peeked its head out with glowing, blank yellow eyes.

It seemed to take notice of the two lizard things walking through and its gaze fell onto the smaller, younger looking one. Staring blankly it looked on, almost curious like as it seem to study Wake and tilted its head.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:42 pm

”Oh. Then let’s get moving. Just knowing that gives me the creeps.” Wake then followed the older dragon, not wanting to be there anymore. He did feel like something was there, but the wyvern figured it was the dark and the stories.

Name by Lori.
Alts: Tormaigh, Cyclone and Typhoon, Súl Iolar, Snowblaze, Destella.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:17 pm

The hallway leading out soon curved as they walked and sloped slightly downwards. What came next was quite a shock as they entered what seemed like an amphitheater of sorts, a giant glowing crystal hanging overhead the center of the room and lighting up the place quite well. With the amount of space about almost a tribes worth could sit comfortably here and at the bottom a deepened circular arena with a hard-stone floor.

Though even from where they were it was quite obvious to see signs of old battles fought on it. Rathor ignored it and walked along the outer edge, "DON'T go through the center." He warned Wake, avoiding even going down a step even if a little bit of debris blocked his forward by going over it.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:44 am

As Wake continued to follow Rathor, they quickly came upon another room. This one was a sort of amphitheater, but it was what the room held that amazed him. The room contained one, massive glowing crystal suspended above the center. The sight caused the wyvern’s horns to flared at the sight, with one a ”Wow,” leaving his maw.

The his uncle gave him a warning. Don’t go to the center. Wake followed the older dragons orders, but his curiosity soon got the better of him. ”What was this place?”

Name by Lori.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 am

"The 'Proving' Grounds is what Mal called it," Rathor said with a grunt of disapproval, "Just a different way of saying on how he weeded out the weak of his shadows. The damage alone we could see from here says much of how many died." He turned to look Wake as he walked.

"How he kept him in was-" He stops and blinks, a look of shocked confusion as he stared. Walking behind Wake without both realizing...was another Wake? This other one was an exact lookalike to the wyvern, though the only visible difference seemed it had a darker look to it in comparison to colors on closer inspection. To Rathor though...it was as if Wake had become two and had difficulty in telling the two apart.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Wake was listening carefully when he noticed Rathor stop. The older dragon was looking at something: something that seemed to confuse him. The wyvern just gained a questioning look as he looked at his uncle. ”Uncle Rathor? What’s wrong?”

The wyvern then turned to see...himself! After a shocked moment, Wake jumped behind Rathor and peered from behind the larger dragon. ”By Kelarth! What’s that thing doing here?!”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 pm

The second Wake just cocked its head curiously at the two, though more so at the wyvern it copied. "I...have no idea. All the blob things from the room were either killed off or locked up by Mal long ago." Rathor was just as confused and shocked as Wake at that moment, it certainly wasn't one of the ferals still locked up in the arena, and it certainly didn't seem to be like the blobs that appeared above.

As he thought these things, the Wake copy...began to chase its own tail around in circles. An annoyed grunt and Rathor was moving along, "Just ignore it, probably can't leave the ruins for one reason or another."

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Wake looked at his uncle, then back at the puppy-like clone, before following Rathor. As they walked away, the wyvern couldn’t get the odd acting clone. Why did it act so...hatchling-like? Why didn’t it just attack them? Wake just kept these thoughts to himself.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:17 pm

The clone then noticed them walking away and bounced over to follow them. Rathor could barely tell the clone was following them as it even walked like Wake. An annoyed look crossed his face and yet he still kept going knowing it was still following them. Though it did seem to have a more...obvious interest with Wake, the one it mimicked in appearance fully.

"Great, bad enough a blob seemed to have survived and now its taken on your appearance Wake. Enough so I can barely tell you two apart without it acting like a newly born hatchling."

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Wake quickly heard the shadow clone following them. Why was the thing following them? Why did it act like a less hyper, hatchling version of him? Then the wyvern heard his uncle talk about the oddity. Wake just rolled his eyes, looking led annoyed then Rathor, but still annoyed. ”Well, at least it seems harmless. Still creeps me out though.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:47 pm

"Harmless for now, but if this is all it does..." Rathor looked back and saw the clone...chasing its own tail again, though it kept pace with them. "Then fine, better then Mal corrupting it I guess. At least it won't end up like one of the ferals." The older dragon said as he turned back around, the small group finally reaching the other side without trouble.

Then he stopped, as if something didn't feel right and he just noticed it now. He looked around slightly and sniffed, though he seemed more keen on trying to hear something. "I remember the last time I was down here once the ferals were making a racket when I entered." Turning around fully he went back near the edge and looked closely at the arena below. Barely he could make out the metal gates when the clone began to whimper, shaking and looking around in fear as if......

"Run." He said as sounds of rending metal are heard. "WAKE RUN!" The panic in his voice obvious as he made sure the wyvern followed as the clone also came with going down the hallway in full speed. Even as the group moved quickly the sounds of metal screeching could still be heard clearly and loud bangs with rumbling sounds.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Wake barely heard Rathor as he started to run at top speed. He didn’t care what they were running from, he just knew he didn’t like the sound that was behind him. The wyvern also noticed the odd shadow followed, only serving to increase his interest in it.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 pm

The group finally reached the end which turned out to be a large central area of the ruins, or what seemed like a central plaza of sorts. Different ruined buildings of varying sizes dotted the area for dragons it would seem, ruined statues and crystals lighting up different spots sporadically throughout. So not many spots were lit and that left quite a few dark patches as Rathor came out last panting.

Panic still showed as they entered the large area, "Oh you gotta be kidding me!" He still remembered the paths on the map and the nearest exit would take too long to reach. Especially as the sounds of rending metal stopped and what sounded like distant footfalls getting closer.

" Split up and hide! Try to stay in this area, as the paths are a maze if you wonder off." The older dragon said as the three scattered to various parts of the central hub of the ruins, Rathor managing to fit into a building and the clone going high into the darkness.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 pm

As if the ruins weren’t spooked enough, now there was a ghost town. An abandoned, poorly lit, silent ghost town. On top of this, the metal had stopped only to be replaced by pawsteps. Wake’s horns frilled out before Rathor told him to hide. The wyvern quickly ran into a small building, pressing himself into a corner.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 pm

It grew silent as the footfalls got closer and then started slowing down as the crystals seem to almost dim. Then...low growling came as a darkened head came through the hallway, shadows emanating from it and making its head even harder to pick out. Deep, red glowing eyes could be picked out as it sauntered through and splotches of ooze coming off of it as it came out. It was almost as big as an Earthwing as its full body came out, a large barreled chest covered in large scars of old battles and its wings...hung limply on its sides.

It sniffed and gazed over the entire place, searching for more prey to kill it had sensed earlier and had trespassed through its domain. The smell of the new arrivals still wafted its nostrils, giving rise to this unreasonable rage and pain that it HAD to kill these trespassers. As if to vent said anger a bellowing roar came from it as it lumbered through, a few crystals nearby shattering from the strength of the roar.

Rathor endured this in his hiding spot, not even daring to breathe less it gave him away.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 am

Wake did his best to stay quiet, not wanting to tip off the creature. It wasn’t that the wyvern wasn’t frightened by the shadows, quite the opposite in fact, but he knew head would be dead if he was found out. So he just sat there silently, praying to Kelarth that the things would just ignore him.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am

The lumbering beast soon walked off down a different corridor big enough for it and its footfalls growing distant. Until eventually its a echo that fades into a silence which Rathor peeks out, see the coast is clear and moving about quietly from cover to cover. The older dragon hoped to reach the hallway they needed to take and signal Wake to come quickly before it came back.

He reached the hallway they needed and saw it was small enough that the big lumbering shadow beast can't come through it. Question was...how did he signal Wake without giving away they were still here?

The clone meanwhile had found Wake's spot and it chirped lightly to get his attention as it stood near him.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:54 am

Wake felt some relief as the beast walked off, but that soon turned into annoyance as the hatchling-shadow chirped at him. Wake took his tail and placed it on the blob dragon’s maw, saying ”Quiet. Just play with my tail or something until we can move.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:49 pm

The clone shook the tail off its maw and pulled on it, as if wanting Wake to move away. Which Rathor meanwhile had been still trying to figure out how to signal Wake when...the clone had slipped and fell backwards into a pillar. After getting up it shook itself off when a creaking sound is heard as the ruined pillar starts tipping to the side.

BANG ,BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

So began a domino effect as the first pillar one fell onto another beside it and the chain reaction started, each pillar falling in a line. This continued on for almost a minute until finally a banging crash signaled the end on the other side of the last pillar crashing to the ground. The clone...just giving a surprised look at what just happened and slightly confused look at Wake.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Wake watched as the pillars fell, watching each one smash into the other. Once they stopped, the wyvern gave the shadow a mean look, though not saying anything. He just shook his head, before taking to the air. "I guess we're moving then." He then darted towards Rathor.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:42 pm

The clone gave a slight whimper and stood there for a second before flying off after Wake. A deep bellow is heard echoing through the ruins as large footfalls are heard again, though this time at an increased pace. Rathor waved over to where he was and pointed down the hallway he stood near, "Down this way quick!" then the older dragon went into the corridor quickly as they followed.

After sometime the old dragon stopped as the path into different ways and stood near the wall panting. "What...BLOODY HAPPENED BACK THERE? Why did half of the ruins just suddenly fall over?!" An angry look on his face now as he questioned the wyvern.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Wake was quick to follow Rathor, staying airborne as long as he could. The wyvern was honestly just happy to be alive at this point, no thanks to the clone. Sure, it had the mind of a hatchling, but at this point he didn’t care. It nearly brought down the ruins, and nearly got them eaten.

Once Rathor finally stopped, he gave Wake an angry look, and asked what happened. The wyvern didn’t hesitate to answer the older dragon, not being a good liar in the first place. ”The yearling here was trying to pull me somewhere and tripped.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm

"WHAT?!" Rathor exclaimed in disbelief and the clone meanwhile flinched at the voice. "Why?!" The older dragon now questioning the clone with anger. "What was so DAMN IMPORTANT you'd risk us all dying?! Well?" Which the clone just stared, then tears began welling up and then hid behind Wake, as if to escape punishment catching the older dragon by slight surprise.

"You-I-You...ARGH!" He just facepalmed and shook his head. "Theres no point in just yelling at something with the mentality of a hatchling." A deep sigh of defeat as he walked a bit aways. The clone meanwhile had been curled up behind Wake as if awaiting to be hit or for the wyvern to do something.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Wake was shocked not only by Rathor’s reaction, but by the clones. Why did it act like a hatchling? It didn’t look like a hatchling, or was the wyvern really that small. He then began to follow Rathor, before looking back at the blob-dragon, rolling his eyes. ”Come on.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm

The walk had been silent as the group continued on, the clone hanging a bit back behind Wake with a sad look still and Rathor less angry. So far nothing of note had happened as they traveled onward and then soon light could be seen up ahead. Not crystal light, but actual light as they got closer which turned out to be a carved window and the outside could be seen with fresh air.

"Finally, a way out of this stupid place." He then unsheathed the warhammer on his back and gestured for the two to stand back. With a hard swing the older dragon put much force in his first strike, breaking off a side piece of the window and made it slightly bigger.

"This'll take a bit, so get comfortable for now." After saying that he began his work, swing after swing he did to make the window bigger for them to get out.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top