Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Advisory Training? (Wake)
by Wake Today at 6:29 am

» Snow on the Mountain (Open to all)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Today at 6:19 am

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Yesterday at 8:23 pm

» I be Back... More or Less
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am

» An Odd set of Twins (Read/critic only)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am

» Abstract Reality
by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm

» Possible Monster Ideas
by Snowscale Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 am

» chaos theory
by Cassiopeia Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm

» Gone Next Week
by Wake Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 am

» Megalomania
by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 am

» Need Help with Character Creation? Post Here!
by Mudvine Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 pm

» Crescylla the Hidden Gem
by Snowscale Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am

» Spectre, Geist in the Mirror(updated)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

» Tribe Abbreviations
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am

» World of Pern - Canon Pern since 2012
by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm

» Solving the Mysteries (Open to All)
by Raygnar Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm

» Mission: Twilight (Open to all)
by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:08 pm

» Role-Playing and Roll-Playing
by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 am

» Argee, Aspiring Dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm

» Risk: Semi-Realistic Canine Roleplay
by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

» By Tooth and Claw Dragons
by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:51 pm

» Birth of a Holy Mutant(Cass, Svad/Aero)
by Cassiopeia Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

» Reorganizing Stars (Open for Order of Starlights)
by Attor Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:44 am

» Raygnar, the Frozen Wind
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

» Tempest and Fireburst, Feathered Brothers
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Advisory Training? (Wake)

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old dragon had quite a happy smile as he walked through a tunnel and eventually emerge into a cave with a large opening above. To one side was another large opening that showed the ocean as waves rocked against the entrance, his paws treading through the warm sand that was present through the whole cavern as he headed for a wooden structure of sorts. This structure being the remains of different human ships that wrecked and washed up inside the seaside cavern, most of which he gathered and made into a den of sorts. Satisfied of a quick look over, he turned back over to where the light shone down from the roof.

Pretty well hidden and large enough for his plans as he walked over onto a large flat stone bathed in sunlight and sat, curling up with a slight yawn. A faint smile showed, "A perfect place to train indeed." He chuckled as he waited for the young dragon to arrive.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 264

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Wake on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Wake just sighed. He didn’t like remembering some parts of his past, but there were somethings he could look back on without fear. Then he heard the part about doing things you’d regret. Had the older drake done something? The wyvern didn’t really want to press the older dragon again.

” I know, Uncle Rathor. Really the only thing it’s made me fear is bein’ near most humans. Except for one or two.”

Name by Lori.
Alts: Tormaigh, Cyclone and Typhoon, Súl Iolar, Snowblaze, Destella.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:37 pm

"I can understand that, for me..." He looked to side with a look of contempt, "I just...can't stand how they live, capable of such acts for better, or for worse." A pathetic chuckle came from him as he shook his head.

"I can't even bash in the head of a stupid training dummy. Just..." His paw went to cover his eyes and just barely a tear escaped underneath. "...just can't do it." The older dragons voice trembling slightly as if on the verge of crying.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Wake walked closer, and did his best to nuzzle the larger dragon. He then spoke with concern in his voice. ”It’s ok, Uncle Rathor.”

Name by Lori.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:50 pm

He accepted the gesture and returned it in kind, "I'm just...so tired...tired of all, of this." Rathor began to say, the tears drying up and a tired look. "I thought...I could protect them, lead as well as Ecil could." A sad look as his gaze went past Wake and put a paw to the wyverns head.

"Yet I was too slow to even react and those stupid blobs got us, taking away our powers. Weakening us even more now against...whatever dark plan is going on and you defended us, saving Ecil from having his own being taken and protected him from some...dark creature." Though he had heard of how Wake had fought with the shadows, he didn't exactly know how close Ecil had been in danger if Wake hadn't been there. Or what could've happened if Wake hadn't made a move quickly and a grim thought of what the outcome would've been, a fatal wound if the wyvern had hesitated for a moment longer.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Wake was shocked by what Rathor was saying. What those blobs did wasn’t his fault. The wyvern didn’t understand why the older drake thought this way, until he remembered what had happened the day before. He had felt responsible for what happened to Volan, even if it wasn’t truly his fault.

The Sea Spirit then looked up at his uncle, a concerned yet understanding look on his face. ”It wasn’t your fault. They jumped everyo... wait a minute?” Something finally hit Wake. Why did the blobs not latch onto him? ”Why didn’t those things attack me?”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 pm

A sad sigh came as Wake tried to cheer him up, "As Patriarch, its my duty to safeguard the clan small as we be-" Rathors words were interrupted as Wake spoke a thought outloud as a question. "Wh...what do you mean?" A confused look on his face now as the wyvern mentions the weird event.

"Ecil told me a blob came after you and he pushed you out of the way, after which you killed one and chased off the shadows...right?" Rathor didn't know what happen exactly and had relied on what Ecil, who unfortunately was knocked out for the rest. "They steal powers, so why are you saying they didn't? Don't you...have a unique ability?"

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:17 am

”He did, but what I mean is they had one last blob and a perfect chance to get it on me.” It was weird. Those copies had so many perfect chances, yet they didn’t use the last one. Why would they leave him alone after that?

Then Rathor asked about him have a unique ability. The closest things he ever had to one were his natural speed and echolocation, but something did happen earlier. ”I have echolocation, but something else happened today. I went faster then a hybrid should have been able to go. So I think I may have finally found it.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:34 am

"They had one more?!" This was a shock to Rathor. Bad enough the blobs took his and his other siblings unique abilities, leaving them unconscious as they changed unmolested. This was bad since the older dragon knew in a warriors standpoint if they blob a dragon with a powerful ability...

Then his whole view changed when Wake said he may have finally found his own ability. "A late...bloomer?" More thoughts connected as an old memory surfaced regarding the blobs a long time ago, Mal explaining how they were...failed experiments.

"Failed experiments...why? They steal a dragons ability....they've taken Wakes form-" Shock soon overtook him as the pieces formed a eerie connection he hadn't seen and looked at Wake with a new view. "An empty cup."

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 am

Wake just stared at Rathor. Why was he surprised that the wyvern’s ability came late? The older dragon then said something about ”An empty cup?” What on Pyyrai was the warrior talking about? He knew Wake wouldn’t know this, right? ”Wait! Uncle Rathor? What do ya mean? Why is me being ‘a late bloomer’ odd? And what do ya mean by ‘an empty cup?’”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Rathor then facepalmed, "Ecil didn't even bother to tell you? Okay fine, short history story." Which the paw came down and had a sour look now, "Back then when we attacked Mal's den, we found a side chamber full of the blobs-actually, more like cauldrons of the black stuff. A few tipped over and such, almost dormant like, which Cyrus found scrolls regarding it and on it Mal wrote it was a failed experiment. That he was missing one more ingredient or something, can't exactly remember what since I wasn't focused on that at the moment." He shrugged and snorted, intellectual things weren't exactly his forte as clearly evident from his warrior lifestyle.

"I may not be as smart as Cyrus, or have the wisdom Ecil does, but I can certainly tell when a weapon once incomplete now has its final piece. What I mean is Wake, I think the missing ingredient is What it is, a dragon who doesn't have a unique ability." Then he gestures to Wake. "Or unfortunately, a dragon whose ability has just been dormant and yet to manifest itself. Which means the blobs may be able to steal such powers, they can't hold on to it if they don't have a form to contain it." A memory of the first shadow Wake killed came to mind and of how it took the wyverns shape, with the addition of Ecil's bladed tail seeped in toxin.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Wake finally realized what Rathor meant. They needed a form with no ability. A dragon who hadn’t discovered what they could do yet. That was why they looked like him. They needed him to have a form! He finally looked at Rathor, seeming to think of something. ”We need to tell the others.”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm

A short rumble is then heard and walls of the room shake as the weapons hanging clatter. Then it intensified more as one of the corridors leading out of the room collapsed. "Oh you have got to be-WAKE! Head deeper in! I'll be right behind you!" Rathor yelled out as he tossed the hammer to the side and ran over to the forge, grabbing a different hammer of sorts. Fitting it along onto his back with a strap and picked up a scroll from a small alcove into a small pouch, running jumped through the corridor just as it collapsed behind him.

It left the entire hallway in darkness as the old drake scrambled forward, "Wake! Can you *cough* hear me?!" Concern in his voice as he struggled to find the young wyvern.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Wake ran quickly at his uncles command, and ran straight for the corridor. The wyvern soon found himself looking back to see if Rathor was following, only to see him collecting some items. He then watched as the older dragon ran for the opening, right before it went pitch black.

Wake began to echolocate, hoping he could find his uncle. Then he heard the Rathor call out for. The Sea Spirit soon answered, after a few coughs, with ”I’m ok, Uncle Rathor. Hang on.” The wyvern quickly honed in on his uncle before standing next to him. ”You ok?”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Rathor got spooked slightly from Wake speaking near him and settled, "I'm fine. I should've known something like this could've happened." In the darkness he moved his paw over the walls on both sides looking for something. He stopped once something felt warm on his paw and with a deep breath he concentrated on the spot, a very faint glow showing a small crack.

He snorted in disgust, "Sloppy, just damn sloppy. That shadow or whatever that took my ability clearly knew very little on how it worked." More deep breaths and soon the faint glow grew steadily brighter until it showed the entire crack. The older dragons face now visible, but while concentrating showed great strain in lighting up the crack.

"Stupid...crack...glow..." With a final effort the whole crack now had a steady glow, no longer both dragons were in complete darkness though not much. The older dragon nearly collapsed and was in a coughing fit, the whole time trying to catch his breath again.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:40 am

Wake watched in awe as the crack began to glow. Rathor suggested that the blob dragon did not know how to use the ability it had taken. He would have to remember that.

Then the older dragon began coughing, similarly to how Cyrus was earlier. The wyvern quickly came to his uncle’s side, then asked if he was ok.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:46 am

Rathor waved him off, "I'm *Cough* fine, I'm fine." He took a few more breaths and slowly got up. "Good to know I guess *Cough*, not fully taken I think." So the blobs couldn't take the full ability, but damn near close though and that was still deadly. Especially the resulting cracks and leftover energy from the explosion before reminded him of something he foolishly tried to do before...wait a minute.

A thought had crossed his mind, but shook it away and would think about it later after they got out. "If your alright Wake, then I think its best we get out of here. I'm sure the others are fine since their closer to the exit then my room was." He then pulled out the scroll and unrolled it revealing it to be a map of the ruins, or at least a majority of it evident from blank spots. A sigh of reluctance came which he grabbed into the pouch again and pulled out spectacles like Cyrus's giving a look of annoyance as he put them on his snout.

"These are for only reading, if your wondering." He said with a grunt as he tried to find their position on the map and a way out.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Wake looked at the older dragon, noticing he seemed to think of something before shrugging it off. The wyvern wanted to ask Rathor what it was, but he soon told the young dragon it would be best if they left. Wake simply nodded in agreement before watching Rathor try to read the map.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 pm

"Alright, got our spot and I can see a few ways that lead back outside." Rathor said as he traced a few lines to see different paths. "Problem is how much damage that explosion caused and if it affected anything further in." He sighed as he took the spectacles off and rolled up the scroll, putting both into the pouch.

"The closest exit being where I get my materials from in an old mine, if that got closed off...." He turned towards Wake, "Well, lets just hope it isn't. I'm gonna have to rely on you Wake, your the only one between us who can somewhat 'see' in the dark. So you lead," then he gestured for the wyvern to go first, "And I'll follow behind you, alright?"

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Wake nodded, saying ”Alright” as he began to walk into the cave. It was always weird for him to see exclusively with echolocation. He didn’t really “see” anything, but he could tell what was in front of him. As they when through the ruins, Wake would ask Rathor where to go if he came to a fork.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:10 pm

The process went well so far, Rathor giving Wake directions and making sure nothing blocked their way forward as they slowly went down. Soon though from how they walked the older dragon felt more and more annoyed, where was the fork? There was supposed to be a fork coming up and yet the hallway continued, until a faint light could be seen ahead. Once the two got closer it became apparent light was coming from what seemed to have been a room once, the glow coming from glowing crystals jutting out at different spots and a small pond.

"What?! This is the..." Using the better light he pulled out the map scroll and unfurled it, retracing the paths. A look of shock and looked as if about to explode in anger, only to take a deep breath as he calmed down.

"We missed the fork, which means it must've been blocked." He put the scroll back into the pouch with a sigh as he sat down near the pond. "Gods, it means we have to go through There to get out now." A deep sigh as he looked at his own reflection in the clear water, showing his tired and wrinkled face with what seemed like...he was reliving bad memories again.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Wake looked in awe as they walked into the crystal filled cave. The wyvern then walked closer to one of the gems, his horns frilling out in amusement. He never knew of any sort of crystal that glowed, at least not like this. It was a beautiful sight for sure.

After some time, the Sea Spirit finally began to pay attention to his uncle, who seemed annoyed by where they were. Apparently they were supposed to pass a fork, and something that worried him. ”Uh, what do you mean by ‘there?’”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Another deep sigh, "Just....bad memories, we didn't exactly stay here out of necessity." No wonder they forgot, who would want to remember what happened long ago during that?
"Theses ruins...was Mal's hideout, where it all ended, and began I guess you could say." This was a stunning revelation, these ruins...was Mal, the menacing old dragon who was sealed away, these ruins were his den essentially.

"We didn't fully remember until Ecil came back which was the promise we four had made to make sure his work was never found and could be used again. Some irony huh?" He grunted as he got up and began heading towards the hallway leading deeper in.

"Oh, the crystals down here, be careful about which ones you touch. Mal did some experiments with some of them, one of his...side projects. What he did to them...I have no idea and I don't care what he did to them, who knows what he did in his state of mind." A tinge of anger flickered as he mentioned the mad dragon as he walked off.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Wake’s body went cold when he heard just what this place was. It was Mal’s home! And apparently the crystals could be harmful to. Wake thought to himself great. Another thing here that could kill me. Even with all this, the wyvern noticed something about Rathor.

His face seemed to a some anger as he remembered whatever happened all those years ago. He slowly approached, before telling Rathor ”Weren’t you the one saying not to let fear or anger control you?”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Rathor looked as if he was about to snap back at Wake, but thought better of himself and grunted as he headed onwards. "I told you that so you wouldn't end up being a grumpy old dragon like me some day." He retorted back at the wyvern as he walked on.

Further down the hallway it opened into another room, though this one had the same crystals as well and yet the layout was different. It was cold and a few of the crystals seemed to actually have frost coming off of them almost making the tipped over cauldrons spread across the room hard to see. A grunt and deep sigh came from the old dragon, "Of all the places...it had to be this room."

Then his tail touched one of the crystals and it flickered as if activating as a unfortunately familiar ghostly form appeared. "Day 20, the ooze is coming along nicely even in this low temperature." The voice belonged to Mal! Yet...the somewhat younger looking blue dragon phased through Rathor as if he didn't exist.

"So thats what those crystals do...self-conceited thief found a way to record his words and self." An annoyed grunt as the apparent magic recording continued.

"Subjects F-4 and F-7 have given a good idea of what to expect, Subject F-5 meanwhile, will need to be...retired, unfortunately." Though he did not look as old and seemed to be middle aged with flecks of grey in his beard, his eyes had almost the same malice as when he first met Wake.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:29 am

Wake was spooked when the recording started, thinking Mal had somehow escaped. Once he realized what was happening, the wyvern went from being scared to interested. He listened carefully, though he noticed that Rathor didn’t seem to like what he saw.

As the magic recording ended, Wake looked over to his uncle. ”What was he talking about?”

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top