Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Random Encounters (Open to All)
by Reality Glitch Today at 10:44 am

» One-Sentence-Story Game
by Mithridae Today at 2:46 am

» Finding a Tribe (Icewings only)
by Snowblaze Yesterday at 9:24 pm

» Stumbling over some ruins (Open to all)
by Tormaigh Yesterday at 3:09 pm

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» In War, Even Hatchlings Have A Part To Play (Cyclone and Typhoon)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Yesterday at 11:44 am

» A Foreign Danger (Request Invite)
by Svadilfare Yesterday at 8:46 am

» Beseige - Open to All
by Karu Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

» ... But When One Story Ends...
by Karic Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 am

» Attack on Ammos (Humans)
by Súl Iolar Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 am

» Ashburn's Knight - Perspective Contest Entry
by Guarnere Sat May 19, 2018 4:58 am

» Rayla's shtuff I guess
by Rayla Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 pm

» A shallow Reef (Open to all)
by Jansi Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

» Perspective Contest!
by Astral Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 am

» Guarnere, Errant Dragon
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am

» Mithridae's Character Collective
by Mithridae Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 pm

» Bitter (open, Baldi invited)
by Atarijor XVI Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm

» Mithridae Kyne, Knight Errant
by Astral Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 pm

» Baldirak Sapiens Draco
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 pm

» Lastrioso
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue May 15, 2018 8:44 am

» Greetings
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 am

» Karu the Lightwing
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 9:59 pm

» Question about new ability's and dragon points
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm

» Khusavir - EarthWing Demi God
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 am

» Evaleen the EarthWing Demigod
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 14, 2018 11:28 am

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Advisory Training? (Wake)

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old dragon had quite a happy smile as he walked through a tunnel and eventually emerge into a cave with a large opening above. To one side was another large opening that showed the ocean as waves rocked against the entrance, his paws treading through the warm sand that was present through the whole cavern as he headed for a wooden structure of sorts. This structure being the remains of different human ships that wrecked and washed up inside the seaside cavern, most of which he gathered and made into a den of sorts. Satisfied of a quick look over, he turned back over to where the light shone down from the roof.

Pretty well hidden and large enough for his plans as he walked over onto a large flat stone bathed in sunlight and sat, curling up with a slight yawn. A faint smile showed, "A perfect place to train indeed." He chuckled as he waited for the young dragon to arrive.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Wake on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 am

Wake looked around. He didn't even remember getting back. He noticed Teron was still awake, so he walked over to the larger dragon. It was easy to see something freaked the wyvern out, but he stay silent until he came next to the dragon. "U...Uncle Teron? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Name by Lori.
Alts: Tormaigh, Cyclone and Typhoon, Súl Iolar, Snowblaze, Destella.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 am

Teron gave a slightly surprised look, "Wake, I thought you were asleep already." This indeed seem quite strange as he did see Wake fall asleep not too long after coming back. Another thing was how the young wyvern looked as if something seemed wrong. "Yes. Is...something wrong Wake?
You look as if you've seen a ghost."
An ironic choice of words he didn't realize he chose in Wakes case.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:47 am

Wake payed down next to Teron, still looking terrified. "You have no idea. When I was sleep, I had a nightmare, but something was different. It was like there was... someone else there."

Wake went on to describe the shadows, the feeling he'd been getting, the water column, the nightmare, the strange being, and what he said. Every word he spoke was laced with worry and fear. He didn't know what to think about what happened. All the wyvern hoped was that Teron would understand.

Name by Lori.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:09 am

Teron listened to everything Wake said and after he finished he thought it over. "Magic...can be dangerous to use Wake, even if its used for good or bad deeds. Every type has its own risks to its use and thats why magic is taught always with a mentor. I know of only one other besides Thantos who uses magic and he exercises moderation when using it. He says use it too much and you'll become obsessed over the power, use too little and you can't defend yourself against threats of a magical nature." He put a paw on Wake's shoulder.

"You went through a very traumatic experience and that is understandable." He nuzzled Wake and looked at him with his soft, brown eyes. "Thantos wouldn't be teaching you to use magic if he didn't think you could handle it."

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am

Wake listen to Teron carefully, surprise to learn about this. He figured some would use magic for evil, but he never thought it could draw someone to it. It frightened Wake a bit, knowing that this could happen to him. Then the old dragon comforted him.

He told the wyvern that Thantos wouldn't be training Wake if he didn't trust the young dragon. Wake smiled, letting out a yawn before speaking. "Thank you. Do you mind if I just sleep here tonight?"

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Teron blushed a bit at the question, "Oh umm...sure Wake. If it'll make you feel better then sure." Again, caught by surprise from the young wyvern as he laid down and made room for Wake. "I hope you'll f-feel better in the morning nephew. Good night Wake." He nuzzled the young wyvern before laying his head down onto the ground and closed his eyes.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:25 pm

"Thanks," was all Wake said as he laid down. He felt a lot safer now, but hoped that that thing would never come back. His eyes then closed and he slipped off into some sleep.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Teron was worried though he didn't show it and knew such a sighting should've been impossible. If he is starting to appear, something is very wrong and would have to be addressed soon. For their sakes, he cracked opened his eye to see Wake asleep next to him peacefully, and for young Wake's as well.

Time flew as Wake trained under the tutelage of Thantos along with the watchful eyes of Teron and Volan. Casadora made occasional appearances every now and then to make sure everything was alright through the weeks. Eventually more armor was started to be added and wore by Wake as he progressed, which was almost the entire set by the time a month almost passed. On the odd number of days Thantos would have Wake occasionally about with the armor on and give few lectures about magic when he could.

The present day has Wake finally donning the last pieces and wearing the entire set of training armor. Which Teron had helped put the final piece on the young wyvern and the old warrior looked proud as he looked him over. "You've c-come a very far way Wake." He said with a smile as Volan whistled beside him.

"For being only training armor, it certainly looks good on you kiddo." A wide grin crossed his face as he chuckled.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Wake had trained hard under Thantos for almost a month now. After all that time, all the physical train and soaked up interesting magic lectures, he could finally wear the entire set of armor his mentor had gotten him. The young wyvern looked over the armor. It had fit perfectly, even accommodating his frill-like horns.

As he looked, Teron and Volan both gave some encouraging words. Wake smiled at the dragons who had basically become his uncles. "Thank you, both of you. Y'all were a good deal of help too. I'm not sure I'd be progressing this quickly without y'all."

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:29 pm

"Yes, Wake does certainly look like a young warrior." Thantos commented as he looked over Wake himself as well. Nodding as if expecting this, "Hard to believe its been almost a month since you started. Certainly puts things in perspective now that I think about it." A month ago Wake probably wouldn't have even thought it possible to be wearing such heavy armor in the first place with his frame. Yet...with constant drills and words of encouragement from those close to him, very much so put a flame in Wake.

"Now...ready for that obstacle course Wake?" He gave a knowing look to Wake which both Volan and Teron both gave curious looks.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Wake smiled at Thantos's words. He was right. The wyvern couldn't have dreamed of lifting up this much weight, and now it felt so light. He wondered what his brothers and sister would think if they saw him now. The runt was of the family able to hold this amount of weight. "Thanks, Thantos."

Then Thantos ask the Sea Spirit if he was ready for the obstacle course. Wake's horns frilled out as an excited look graced his maw. He also noticed Volan and Teron's faces, remembering that they hadn't seen it yet. He looked at his mentor again before replying. "Yes, sir!"

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

"Ah yes, when Wake first arrived here I had him do an obstacle course to see where he stood.
And well..."
A familiar rumble is heard as a maze of wooden log posts rose from the sand and Volan reacted by backing away quickly. Teron meanwhile slowly backed up as it formed and the maze from the first day had risen again.

"Round 2...1 minute. Ready, Set, Go!"

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am

Wake got into position as the maze came up. Last time, the traps slowed him down, but now he was questioning how many of them were real. The little wyvern had been thinking about the maze over the last month, and some of Thantos's magic lectures gave him a plan to tell what was real and was illusion.

The now armored dragon could use his echolocation to tell what was real and what was magic. Who knows, maybe entire walls were just an illusion. Either way, the moment Wake heard "ready" he began to let out a constant stream clicks, too high in frequency for most to hear. Then, as soon as Thantos said "go," Wake was off, going as fast as he could while being able to turn and duck.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:38 pm

He made fast progress from what Thantos can tell as he sped off and roughly could guess his position. Again, one of the illusion traps Wake pulled near activated making a branch shoot out towards him. Another shot out from the other side as well and threatened to trap him. Though the same maze, the traps throughout were always placed randomly as a way to improve quick thinking skills and always do different things.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Wake had done good so far, but he was wary. He remembered the traps from last time, and had hoped he was prepared for them. Then he heard and saw the stick traps fire at him. Well, saw them with his eyes at least. So, in what may have seemed like a stupid idea, he speed up for a moment to go through the illusion while dodging the real trap, if there is any. He then kept going, determined to get to the end this time.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:46 pm

The sticks went right through him as he sped through and no other trap awaited him on the other side. When another trapped log came up, it seemed to almost shimmer and still do so as it shot another branch out at him. It would seem the lectures Thantos gave Wake about Illusion magic rang true, once one knew the illusion to be false the magic would struggle to keep up its appearance and prove difficult to fool him again.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Wake looked at the new trap. Now he could see the illusion with his own eyes! The wyvern was surprised he could see it until he remember what Thantos had told him. He then simply flew through the false trap, and kept going as fast as he could through the maze.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm

The traps kept activating as he flew through, but all phased through him and the shimmering became more noticeable as each progressed. Until the final trap was sprung near the end of the maze and a plume of sand erupted in front of Wake. A wooden log shooting from the ground threatened to block Wake from making it through to the end and it had no shimmering effect like the last traps.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:29 pm

Wake stopped the moment the log shot up. This one was real. He tried to figure out what to do. The wyvern looked up, trying to see if something else was set up. He didn't see anything, so the small dragon decided the only way to go was up. So he decided to try flying over.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 pm

As he crested over the top, a new sight greeted and it was in the form of weird looking plants on a few of the log tops. These flowers had magenta colored petals and a yellow bulb in its center, though what really felt wrong about them is when they turned towards Wake.

"Huh, a good call indeed to plant those." Thantos gave a curious look as Volan and Teron gave him worried glances.

"Planted what? What...are those?"

"Casa called them I believe..."

Then the petals closed around the bulb as a small stinger poked out from within it itself.

"Thorn....spitters, ah yes Thornspitters."

"WHAT?!" A shocked expression on his face as the aforementioned flowers began shooting tiny thorns at Wake.

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm

As Wake crested the log, he was met with a surprise. A bunch of flowers? Was that it? Flowers? The Sea Spirit wondered if his mentor was going easy on him. Then they started moving?

All the wyvern could say was "Wha..." before being pelted by a barrage of thorns. He was quickly dove down, but it didn't stop him from having thorns drill into his thick wing leather. He made sure to keep his horn tight around his neck as he began to fly for the finish line, trying to ignore the stinging in his wings for the time being.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Most of the barrage of thorns did indeed miss or bounced off the armor and once out of sight went back to being still. Wake made it through to the end and just as he did, a Puff is heard as a outlying flower got a parting shot at the wyvern. As if by pure chance it didn't collide with a log or bounced off the armor and hit Wake, on his posterior, the one spot not covered by armor.

Volan and Thantos meanwhile were having a....discussion about the flowers, in actuality being Volan shaking the wyvern's mentor in anger.

"ARE.YOU.ACUTALLY.SENILE?!"

"Calm, down, Volan! Hes, wearing, armor!"

Teron merely sighed as he pulled the two apart. "Enough Volan, Wake is wearing armor and the thorns aren't that big either."

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Wake had almost made it. The flowers had stop, but he heard a sound, and then felt a sharp pain in his rear end. All he could let out was an "Ow!" as he made the last stretch to the finish.

Wake was panting and looking at his wings, not to mention feeling the spear that had hit him in the tail. He then looked up at Thantos, somehow still feeling confident. "So. Did I make it?"

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm

"59 seconds." Thantos said with a smile as Volan gave a disgruntled grunt and a look of 'its not over yet' at him. "You've really improved since last time, even with the addition of the Thornspitters. Though...not exactly unscathed it would seem." He took note of the small thorns in Wake's wings.

"I'm sure you'll want to get Casa to take those out for you, unless you want to wait and have Teron take the armor off first?"

Calemvir
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Wake smiled at the news that he made it. After a month of training, he could make it through the course in under a minute, with heavy armor on top of that. He still couldn't believe he had done it. He then noticed Volan's disapproving look.

What was wrong? Was it the thornspitters? Wake didn't have much time to think about it when Thantos mentioned the thorns in his wings. The wyvern just looked at him. "Yeah, and they aren't the worst."

The mentor then asking Wake whether he wanted the armor off before the thorns were removed. "Let's get the armor off first."

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum