Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Ardent, Phantasmas, Wake

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D Kitaro Weyr Ruins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayHOSrealm of the seven

Advice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice?

Post by Lori on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello DRF!! I hope everyone is having a good day (especially Wake, since it's his birthday!). If you don't mind, I would like to ask for advice from you guys. I know I haven't been online much, and the busy week is over now, but there's one other thing. Recently I've lost interest in my favorite activities. I love roleplaying, especially on this site. Don't get me wrong. It's with other things as well, like drawing, playing games, playing piano, baking, doing puzzles, etc..

"Lori, why don't you just force yourself to roleplay and bake and then you'll feel better again?"

I've tried, but I've also lost concentration on things, which is weird because when I am not concentrating, I'm thinking about nothing at all or I'm sleeping. Maybe it's because I've been busy and haven't had time for doing hobbies.

I am one of the younger active members of the site, so I was wondering if any of the older folks have gone through the same thing. If so, can you give me advice? I feel like I'm being lazy, and I would love it if I could start to enjoy my favorite hobbies again(including hanging out with you guys!)! Thanks! <3

Quotes:
'Gala was born with the powers of a wild tractor, a feared species indeed.' ~Lao in the Chatbox on 3/27/15
[21:33:53] * Lori would purr if she was a car ;~;

Lori's Theme <3: https://youtu.be/uHJyAZtRrOY
Lori

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice?

Post by Fury on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Everyday, it happens. Just take a break, just might be other things catching up to you. Smile Give it a few days and if you really enjoy it you'll get cravings to do your hobbies and you'll get back into them. If not, you will explore and find new things to do Smile

Fury
NPC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:53 pm

What Fury said. If you need to, just take a break and see if you want to do things again. You may just be getting burnt out on it.

Name by Lori.
Alts: Tormaigh, Cyclone and Typhoon, Súl Iolar, Snowblaze, Destella.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Well, I don't do much drawing anymore even though I love it. I need tons of motivation or just really be in the mood to draw. And even though things have been quiet here, I don't have either. So I've just been doing other things I like while I stalk keep an eye on the site. While I don't tire of roleplay in general, I do have a tendency to get--let's say bored--with certain characters if I don't use them very often. So basically all except Baldi and Svad. Kelarth is an exception: I'm not bored with him, I just don't have anything​ specific to do with him. With Baldi, I have to manage a tribe. Svad goes around mostly killing for money. Kelarth--??? But now that we have this monster invasion, he finally has something to do, I'm just being picky and waiting for more site activity.

So my advice is. Go do some other stuff until you feel in the mood to do what you really want to be doing.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Thank you for the advice! I hope it's just a little while since it has been going on for a few days. Even though I lost interest, I do miss doing the things I love.

Thank you so much! If you have anything to add, feel free to let me know. Smile

Quotes:
'Gala was born with the powers of a wild tractor, a feared species indeed.' ~Lao in the Chatbox on 3/27/15
[21:33:53] * Lori would purr if she was a car ;~;

Lori's Theme <3: https://youtu.be/uHJyAZtRrOY
Lori

Female Libra Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top