Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
BerksDragonsRuins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayWarriorCats

An Immortal on Pyyria (Open to all)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Immortal on Pyyria (Open to all)

Post by Kelarth on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:09 pm

There was no one he remembered before his immortal awakening. Not his father, not his mother, no siblings. There was no day he remembered, not even his birth--he just was, had always been. But he did know every day there had been since for they all came and passed the same way. The sun yawned, stretching his rays across the vast, cold, shinning realm of a goddess to gently jar Pyyria from her slumber. The moon waved to her bright sibling before going to sleep behind the planet. On Pyyria, birds rejoiced at the coming of day, stirring ground-dwelling creatures from their sleep with song. The sky changed, from black to soft shades of blue, from shades to a single one. A few stubborn stars refused to be pushed out of the sky until their master, the great sun, finally rose over the horizon. An island off the coast of the main continent of Pyyrria, home of the eldest children of Shardas, was the first to wake. Its inhabitants emerged from their dens, their cities. Hatchlings played, adolescents trained. Adults watched them, taught them, engaged in their various tasks.

The main continents, the larger and the smaller, were next to show signs of life. Here, the second-born of Shardas dwelled: Light, Sky, Sea, Earth, Fire, Night, and Ice. But while Shardas favored Dragons, who were after all a mirror of himself, one would find a host of other creatures. Thunderbirds, Fire and Ice Phoenix, Gryphons, Manticores, Dinosaurs, aquatic creatures, even Humans could be encountered on Pyyria. They all rose as the sun's rays grew warmer, heating the air and sea, breathed life into plants. The leaders of Dragonkind resumed their plains of peace and war with the other tribes. The Humans did very much the same, plotting war with the weakest of Shardas' favorite offspring--if any were indeed so weak--and of course establishing alliances and trade and all manner of other things amongst their villages and cities, their few kingdoms. The lesser species--so called by Dragonkind but just as precious to Shardas--did what they wished, roaming Pyyria. Few lived in servitude to the Dragons and so spent their days as slaves. The Dinosaurs... well no one was sure what it was they did. And really only the SeaWings knew of the ongoings of the aquatic creatures... but whatever it was the two did, they did it pretty much all day.

Let's not forget the simple beasts of the world, the preadtors and prey. They too had a full and wonderful life... as wonderful a life as a creature destined to become fertilizer could have, anyway. Predator and prey; they danced an intricate dance: chasing and being chased, eating and being eaten. They stopped only to breed or run in the face of a common enemy.

There was a world very much like Pyyria, but did not exist in the same space even though it too was warmed by the blazing sun. It was invisible to the mortal eye, home to an immortal. Kelarth, God of Fortune, lived in this parallel world and kept watch over the mortals. While he enjoyed mingling with his fellow Dragons, lately he spent a great deal of time in his realm. It seemed that no one was in need of the god's powers, no one wished their life changed for the better--or someone else's for worse. He felt very much insignificant, ignored and unwanted, but he had more pressing matters. One of those was that only he and two other immortals had returned from the parallel world they'd been trapped in when Astral announced her return. And all but one of the semi-gods had mysteriously disappeared. Though Kelarth constantly watched Pyrria and all her inhabitants, he had no idea what happened to them. It must have happened while he and the others were in the parallel world. Perhaps Astral or Nimbus would know, not that Nimbus would care.

As for the other matter, recently the tribes of the main continents had merged into tribe large ones, the largest being an alliance of Fire, Night, and Earth. Kelarth knew much could happen as a result, not all of it good. So he kept a constant eye on his Scale. The Scale of Fortune... it measured the balance of good and bad fortune throughout the world of mortals. While most would not believe such a thing mattered, for Kelarth, it was the most important thing. If there was too much good in the world--and yes that is a bad thing--then Kelarth could counter it with some terrible event... something part of him didn't at all mind doing. And if there were too much bad, then of course he would counter it with good. When the tribes merged, the Scale shuddered and twitched for the first time in far too long, shaking dust from itself. Kelarth had become concerned at first but that quickly turned to curiosity. Now he watched the biggest new tribe, called the Twilight Imperium. They were the most active, though he noticed the Order of Starlights, the SkyWing and LightWIng alliance, were slowly growing more active as well. The Gifted Crystals, SeaWings and IceWings, were nearly nonexistent, but a few were around, though leaderless. Kelarth had a particular liking of the captive born Wyvern, Atarijor, and found himself extremely tempted to lend a paw to the poor creature.

He also found the Manticore, Servius, highly amusing. Perhaps it was the feline's obsession with Humans. Did they really taste so great? But what interested Kelarth above all else was Astral's partnership with the Human from the IceWing lands and her interest in Humans. These were strange times, indeed...

This was all Kelarth did all day; watching the world, wondering about the things he saw, keeping a constant eye on his Scale. Today, however, he considered visiting the mortal wolrd to learn more about the merges. But how to do it? Should he disguise himself or let the mortals know the gods were watching them? After all, a little bowing and praise wouldn't hurt... but Kelarth was too modest for such a thing. No, a disguise would be best if he wanted to get anything done. Perhaps he would at least appear to the tribe leaders, perhaps reward them.

And so, as a storm rolled into his world, Kelarth entered the mortals'. Before he exited the portal that opened over rogue lands, the god weaved a spell around himself that concealed his true identity. To any who laid eyes upon him now, he was a cream-colored IceWing (will add more detail in another post). As the portal closed behind him, Kelarth flew to the nearest tribe.

My alts: Baldirak: Prophet of the Goddess Astral/EarthWing King. Tulvir II: FireWing Guardian. Aerouant: Rogue. Haneul: SkyWing Guardian. Vann: SeaWing Guardian. Vilkas: EarthWing Demi-God. Atarijor XVI: IceWing Healer. Raak-tolIs: LightWIng Citizen, Servius Eirene Koinonia: Manticore/Eater of Humans, Svadilfare: Kryoan Warrior/Assassin
Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Immortal on Pyyria (Open to all)

Post by Wake on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:44 am

Wake flew low and quick as he looked around. The wyvern had flown deeper inland in hopes of finding something interesting. Wake really loved the coast, but sometimes he needed to see the other regions of Pyyria.

As he sped along, Wake laid his eyes on an Icewing that was in the area. The small wyvern decided to slide towards the dragon and introduces himself. "Hey there! How's your day going?"

Name by Lori.
Alts: Tormaigh, Cyclone and Typhoon, Súl Iolar, Snowblaze.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 am

It didn't take long at all for Kelarth to encounter a mortal. In fact, one flew right up to him. "Hello." Kelarth said as he looked at the Wyvern. "My day is quite well, so far. Could you tell me which tribe is nearby?"

My alts: Baldirak: Prophet of the Goddess Astral/EarthWing King. Tulvir II: FireWing Guardian. Aerouant: Rogue. Haneul: SkyWing Guardian. Vann: SeaWing Guardian. Vilkas: EarthWing Demi-God. Atarijor XVI: IceWing Healer. Raak-tolIs: LightWIng Citizen, Servius Eirene Koinonia: Manticore/Eater of Humans, Svadilfare: Kryoan Warrior/Assassin
Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:37 am

Wake looked at the dragon. How could he not know where he was? The wyvern then thought about it and guess the dragon was just lost. "Well, the closest would probably be the Firewings."

Name by Lori.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc&list=PL0805FB61D7503BC2&index=11
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 pm

"The FireWings? Excellecnt. Hm..." Kelarth suddenly decided that he would visit the tribe later. He might as well spend a little time with this Dragon he had run into. Perhaps he could get him to become a folower. "Thank you for your help. My name is Torvin... what are you doing out here? Are you a Rogue?"

Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:11 pm

"Your welcome," Wake said as he listened further. This Torvin guy seemed nice enough, if a little strange. The wyvern then heard him ask about whether he was a Rogue or not. "Born and raised. My territory's actually on the coast between Seawing and Earthwing territory, but I always need to stretch my wings and explore from time to time."

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:05 pm

((Lost what I had typed up. Will reply tomorrow))
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:52 pm

((Ok. No worries.))

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:15 pm

"I born a Rogue, but was taken in by a pair of IceWing Healers. So, you live on the coast? It's a nice place to live... if you like being close to the ocean. I don't mind it myself, unless there is a storm brewing. Where are you going to explore? Perhaps I'l go with you."

Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Wake looked at the "Icewing" as he spoke about his own past, and about his thoughts on the coast. The he asked where the wyvern was going. To be honest, Wake had no idea. He usually just went around wherever he wanted until he found something interesting, though he at least had a general direction.
"Well, I'm headed norther west right now, but I don't know what I'll find."

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulcry on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Soulcry too flew down from above, and said "Hello." He himself was a wyvern as well, though he did use claws on his wings as hands.  His athletic body seemed impressively quick, and his foreye was alert, as he usually seemed.  He was always highly interested in meeting other dragons, but was always depressed.  Though he seemed happy on the outside, typically he felt depression deep down, which sometimes showed on the surface too...  
"My name's Soulcry," he said, "But you may call me Soul," he said with a deep voice, though, his size did seem a bit small.  His voice wasn't too deep, but it was fairly deep. Though the reason for this is because of his depression, otherwise, when he is more upbeat, his voice is a bit more jolly. One could say he is a bit bipolar.

Male Aquarius Pig

View user profile http://scyxer.tumblr.com/post/132551486339

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Wake turned his head and eyed the strange dragon. It wasn't often that he would see other wyverns, but this dragon was different. Wake wasn't one to judge a book by its cover, considering how often it happened to him, but the third eye, short maul, and deep voice were an odd combination. Wake was quick to shake off any judgements that had crossed his mind and soon spoke to the new dragon. "Pleasure to meet you Soul. I'm Wake."

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Another draagon showed up before Kelarth could reply. He hadn't expected to meet so many mortals so soon... two was quite a lot for someone who generally only had contact with the gods. Kelarth wondered about this new dragon's third eye. It was a very odd thing to look at and almost made the god feel uncomfortable. What did it do?| "Hello, Soul. I'm Torvin. We were just going... somewhere northwest. Would you like to join us?"

Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulcry on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:51 pm

"Wake, Torvin," he said, gesturing his gazing third eye like a friendly nod toward the other two.  Soul felt a bit towered by 'Torvin,' but assumed nothing of his immortality.  He smiled, and said, "well of course I'd love to go with you guys."  His voice sounded a bit more jolly when he said this, but inside he was still sad, "I'm always up for an adventure," he continued.

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Wake looked at the odd dragon. "Well then,
come on."
Wake continued to fly north west until something caught his eye. It looked like some strange ruins. The wyvern hesitated as he turned to the others. "Either of y'all know what those are?"

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Kelarth followed the two dragons until Wake came to a stop above some ruins. The god knew exactly what they were. "Yes. They are the remnants of the first SeaWing city.." But was that something he, as a regular ol' dragon, should know? Well surely someone somewhere had scrolls recounting the history of the SeaWings. So he didn't that sentence the way he was going to, only guessing. "I didn't think they were still around. Shall we have a look?" he asked before diving down to the ruins.

Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulcry on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm

"I have always seen it, but I never have visited it," said Soul, "it seems like a cool place to explore," he continued. He was curious about how Torvin knew what it was. He respected him, and thought he could find a great deal of wisdom in such an educated, old dragon. "You seem like quite the wise old dragon," he began to pester, eager to dig into his philosophical mind. Soulcry was always a cerebral, intellectual dragon, who had a deeply dark and depressing perspective. He thought he could impress Torvin.

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Wake looked at the older dragon, and was just a bit shocked by his words. The wyvern began to think as he went diving after Torvin. How could he know what this place was? The small dragon then heard Soul speak, but he couldn't tell if the strange dragon was thinking the same thing or not. As Wake came closer to the ground, he turns his head to Torvin. "So, how did you know this was the first city of the Seawing's?"

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am

Both of the God of Fortune's companions semed curious about his knowledge of the ruins. So much for blending in. "I used to be a Scholar, I found an old scroll about the early history of the SeaWings. I never thought I'd actually get to see this place." Kelarth landed a few feet away from the ruins. It was a lie, of courrse; he'd been here before, in fact he'd watched its construction. But these two didn't need to know that. Besides, it would be easy enough to wander about like this was the first time he'd ever lain eyes on the ruins.

Kelarth
God of Fortune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:47 am

Wake simply gave a nod as he landed next to Torvin. The wyvern then begins to look at the ruins. As he looks, his horns begin the flare out, and gets an excited look on his face. "This place is incredible!"

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight on Wed May 03, 2017 8:10 pm

ooc//: midnight soulcry separate posts
2b4
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight on Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Meanwhile within the cavern, a very dull grey dragon seemed to blend in like calmoflauge. He was in his normal form, well before twilight.
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight on Wed May 03, 2017 8:17 pm

☿ is that humorous?
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulcry on Wed May 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Soulcry was oblivious to the situation about the hidden dragon at the ruins, but he would notice eventually if he used his echolocation, which will probably come instinctually naturally, he would surely see him in indigos and greys. He tagged along next to wake seeking also, perhaps, a friend in this lonely world.

Last edited by Soulcry on Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally posted early.)

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake on Thu May 04, 2017 6:59 am

Wake continued to look around the ruin. He was pretty much looking at his own history, at least in his mind, and seemed to have some respect for the place. The small wyvern then caught a whiff of something. He began to look around a bit, but didn't really focus on it.

Name by Lori.
Wake

Male Leo Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top