Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Spectre, Geist in the Mirror(updated)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Today at 9:36 am

» Heroes Reborn: A Post-Homecoming MCU AU [jcink]
by Guest Today at 7:27 am

» Salutations, my brethren
by Spectre Today at 6:35 am

» Advisory Training? (Wake)
by Wake Yesterday at 1:49 pm

» An Odd set of Twins (Read/critic only)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:07 pm

» The Day is so... (Open to all)
by Ragnarock Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

» Down Down And Down
by JunEye Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm

» Snow on the Mountain (Open to all)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:33 am

» INFIDELIS: A Modern-Day Stray Dog Survival RP
by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm

» New Locations for different Tribes.
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 pm

» Ethereal
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:01 pm

» scripts are kewl
by Anon_lulz Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:35 pm

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:32 am

» Ragnarock (Finished)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 am

» Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only)
by SĂșl Iolar Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm

» extinction-stray canine rpg
by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:01 pm

» PLEDGE; A Pokemon RP
by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 pm

» Tenebris has returned
by Raygnar Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:14 am

» Oh, my manners! Yesss...
by Taconth Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:05 pm

» Taconth's (ISwooceRightIn) Swooceful Character List (and one rabbit head)
by Taconth Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:34 pm

» Taconth, The Oddity
by Taconth Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm

» Solving the Mysteries (Open to All)
by Monster Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:54 pm

» 1st Dragon! :D
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 am

» Mission: Twilight (Open to all)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 pm

» Role-Playing and Roll-Playing
by JunEye Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 am

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

Neltharion

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The unholy offspring of...the moon and stars?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The unholy offspring of...the moon and stars?

Post by Astral on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 am

Astral/Celestia was getting rather sick of her split personality. She couldn't live properly the life of a goddess or a little dragon. Flying out to a remote island and landing in a small clearing of grass the young NightWing decided it was time to fix this little mental disability once and for all. Using her omnipotent authority over magic she attempted to meld her two minds into one. With a resounding crack and shock wave like a sonic boom she could tell things hadn't gone quite right. Before her appeared a giant portal of swirling blue and purple colors. Before she had time to take in the details it sucked her in.

Suddenly she was falling. Spreading out her wings and expertly maneuvering her sub fins and tail fins she leveled out to a controlled glide. Something was different more then she could possible fathom at the time. What she did know though was that for the first time in what felt like forever her head was clear again. No longer did she have two consciousness, two opinions on every matter, two ideas on how to spend the day. Now she was just Astral.

Suddenly a big fiery explosion taking out a human looking tower caught Astral's attention. Not far from that was a well armed village. 'Where am I?' she only just now thought to herself. Directly after finishing that thought something hit her side tying her wings and legs together with a godly amount of force seeing as she herself was a goddess. Surprised she let out a shreaking roar as she began to plummeted out of the air without her wings to keep her aloft. At first she just tried using her strength to break free which didn't work at all only causing her pain. Pain that was a strange feeling she hadn't felt in forever. Lastly she tried wiling whatever was binding her to burst a flame and disintegrate which also didn't work. Astral wondered how the heck the humans invented anything that could make her powerless, it was terrifying. She didn't have very long to be terrified however as her body made impact with the earth skidding across the sloped ground carving a path through it before drooping down a bigger slope and coming to a stop. The pain was unlike anything she remembered feeling ever. Along with came a sensation she had long since forgotten, exhaustion. It was so severe it robbed her of her consciousness.

She hadn't yet found out about the injury she shouldn't be able to have in her tail fins. They were both still there but quite tattered. For a normal dragon it would probably take a few months to heal up and for her physical design that meant she was grounded till then.

Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile http://www.rpgdragons.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The unholy offspring of...the moon and stars?

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:28 am

He hit it. Of all the Vikings on Berk, all much more likely to do so, Hiccup had taken down a Nightfury...

The night was alive with shouts, roars. Flames clung to whatever fueled them and threw smoke into the air. People ran for water, weapons, their young children. Great winged beasts chased them with tooth and claw, fought them with flame, and carried away their sheep into the darkness. Dragons and Humans. They were familiar beings to the male who stood watching the chaos unfold. But... something was wrong. He should have been in the air with his kin, helping to destroy every last one of this wretched Humans. And then something occured to him. He wasn't just on the ground, he was very close to it. His gaze fell to his legs only to find he had two instead of four, and they were covered in skin, not scales. And his front legs... now they were arms and hands. I'm human? he thought as he looked down at his.. hands, turning them over to look at the palms.

But there was no time to think about this; someone was yelling at him. "Water", he heard just barely over the roar of flames as a fireball flew over his head. On his heel he turned, his eyes darting all around for something to put water in. A bucket. Another fireball came from somewhere and struck a house nearby. He could feel the intense heat of it and let out an anxious breath as he found a bucket and snatched it off the ground. Now where would he find water here? Again his eyes scanned the strange setting... there. A pond. His legs moved, and very unused to moving about on two legs, he stumbled as if the very ground beneath him had shifted. But he quickly gained his footing and was running toward the dark pond to his right.

As Baldirak dipped the wooden bucket into the water, something disturbed it, something other than the object he'd just lowered into it. His head and eyes raised together to meet a large--which was in fact rather small by EarthWing standards--Dragon in front of him. It only had two legs; two wings replaced the others. An unusual amount of fear kept him from noticing much else about the dragon other than the fact it seemed keen on eating him. Didn't it know Baldirak was kin to it? Well, perhaps that might be a little difficult to see, what with him being a human and all. And with him being human, this dragon wouldn't understand him anyway. So Baldirak did what seemed natural at that particular moment; he ran as fast as his legs would allow. Now seemed as good a time as any to try to remember what had happened before he ended up here. After all, he was only running for his life.

Back on his world, the EarthWing King, Baldirak, had just finished his prayers to the gods before going to spar with his nephew. The young Guardian-in-training was eager to become a full fledged Guardian and wanted to show his uncle he was finally ready. But the King's only interest in sparring today was pushing his crippled leg to its limit. He had Vilkas attack his right foreleg in every possible way the two of them could think of. With each one he documented how much pain it caused him and how well he could continue fighting or even use the leg. By late morning, Baldirak had had enough and spent a few minutes focusing solely on Vilkas' own training before ending the session. "...So the only thing left for you to master is your temper. But foretunately nephew, to be a Guardian, it is not a rquirement. I am going to the surface to rest then visit Daelorios. I'll be back before last light, until then, it is your word that shall be obeyed. And please, try not to kill Hapax and Hamnet this time."

That was the last thing Baldirak said before leaving the EarthWings' underground home and the last thing he really remembered before ending up... wherever he was. Although, he did recall something blue or purple in the middle of the sky. It drew him in like mud swallowing a stone. Just how he became human he didn't know, but it involved a great deal of pain as he tumbled through the portal. As Baldirak ran from the dragon--which by now had covered itself in the very fire it breathed--he realized he had never fallen from the sky when he came here. He was just... there. It was if his life had been but a dream and this very strange existence he now led--fleeing from his own kind--was reality.

Baldirak glanced over his shoulder at the dragon. It was further behind him now, because a very big humanhad blocked its path and was now fighting it. Well, at least there was some sameness between this world and his. Turning back, his face, followed swiftly by the rest of him, collided with another burly man. "Oof!" came from his mouth as he landed on his back.

"This is no time for lying around, Hiccup! Go sharpen the axes, you can't kill a dragon with a dull axe!"

For a moment Baldirak sat there, staring up at the man in a daze. Had he heard that right? Why would I want to kill my own kind? And what on Pyrria is a Hiccup? But Baldirak didn't ask these questions, he didn't even protest. Instead he replied as if the words he'd just heard was something he heard everyday. "S-Sorry." And he jumped, running toward the blacksmith's hut to sharpen weapons for his fellow Vikings. Baldirak had spent some time as a Vulcan, so this task came easily to him, how ever wrong it felt to be preparing a weapon which would be used by humans. Suddenly he heard a sound, a shrill whistling in the night sky. He ran outside and stood with his back to the light of the fires in the village. There. He saw something block the stars. Is that a... NightWing? With some device part of his mind seemed to know well but the other struggled for a guess at its function, Baldirak fired something at the dark dragon. He saw it go down into the trees. And he stood there in utter disbelief, both at what he had done and that he'd actually succeeded.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 am

Astral woke up the morning of the next day. If it hadn't been for the pain and soreness she would have thought it was a dream. Jerking awake she tried to jump on her feet but found herself completely immobile. By what just had to be luck this human device tied all her limbs up with the exception of her tail. The only movement she did have was her left wing which could only extend halfway.

For a few hours she struggled against her bindings but couldn't even get herself flipped over. Again she had to wonder how some puny humans had accomplished this. She should be able to just teleport out yet for some reason all she had were her natural abilities. She was convinced this human device was to blame. Eventually though she gave up. She would have to wait till some dragon came along and freed her. Hopefully before whatever shot her down managed to find her. If it did it would no doubt kill her.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 am

All was quiet again now the dragons were gone. They had destroyed quite a few buildings, carried off as many sheep. Baldirak couldn't help but smile a little to himself as he sat in his--or Hiccup's--room. Yet he felt terrible at the same time. I must find out how this happened. At least I'm not alone here. He thought about the NightWing he saw, the one he shot out of the sky. Maybe they knew something about the portal.. assuming they were in fact a NightWing. In this strange place, perhaps there existed dragons that were very similar to the ones on Pyrria. Hiccup was feeling just as odd as the EarthWing. He was excited to have taken down a Nightfury, but at the same time he felt really guilty. Why would he feel guilty? Killing dragons was the Viking way of life, a rite of passage. With a frown he looked out the window at the forest he saw the winged beast go down in. He couldn't wait til morning, to find the rarest of all dragons and bring back proof of his feat. He knew what he had done, but the rest of his village, especially his father, wouldn't believe it.

Instead of waiting for morning, however, Hiccup found himself grabbing his satchel and sneaking out. Baldirak didn't want to wait til morning; suppose the NightWing was injured? And these humans wouldn't hesitate to kill a defenseless dragon. For a moment, Baldirak found himself thinking about the day his tribe was attacked by humans. He realized this was exactly the same thing, except it was the dragons who attacked first. It didn't take long to reach the woods. It was a little too dark, both for Baldirak and Hiccup, to really be able to see anything. I wonder...

Hiccup croutched down and dug his fingers into the ground. What would possess him to do that? For just aa second, maybe two, the young Viking saw something fantastic; a world far different than his own. And then he was on the ground, sleeping. Even in this world, Baldirak could commune with Time. But it was limited. He saw only a second, the tinyest fragment from the moment the NightWing exited the portal. As a demi-god, he should have been able to see more--it must limited because he is in a different wolrd, a different form. Still, it was helpful, because he knew this NightWing... Celestia, daughter of Astral. What was the little goddess doing here? It was just his luck that while he could barely use his ability, he suffered its effects. So he sat down for a few minutes to rest--and ended up going to sleep.

The sun woke the young Viking up. Hoping Astral--had she still been alive that is--hadn't seen what he had done to her child, Baldirak went north. He was certain Celestia had fallen in this direction and fortunately, there was some evidence after a while. Broken tree branches littered the ground, some smaler trees were even split. Hiccup pushed the odd experience he had a few minutes ago to the back of his mind. A wave of excitement and fear washed over him as the number of damaged trees incrased and the earth went from being pristine to damaged. It was as if a large rock had fallen from the sky. Hiccup could hear some noise over the ridge in front of him. Slowly , he crept up and peered over the side.

There it was! Just a few feet away lay a Nightfury. It wasn't moving but Hiccup was certain it was alive; he didn't see any obvious wounds. "Okay, you can do this. Just kill it and you can return home to glory and fame" Hiccup told himself as he pulled a knife out of his satchel. He peeked over the ridge again then quietly moved down, inching toward the dragon. Baldirak wished he could have complete control over this body all the time. He tried to think of something to get this Hiccup person to drop his knife. But hands weren't on the list of things he had control of at this particular moment. A well placed branch did his work for him, however, because in his determination to get as close to the dragon as he could to deal a deathblow, Hiccup stepped on it. The branch buckled on the weight of the human and snapped with a sound much louder than it should have. Hiccup froze in place, his left foot elevated a few inches off the ground, his knife raised over his head. Maybe it didn't hear that...
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 pm

The snap of a branch caught Astral's attention. She could smell the human and hear his breathing. Not daring to open her eyes she hoped it was just a passerby.

"I really did it. I have brought down this mighty beast." Hiccup declared triumphantly setting a foot down on the dragon.

As the foot touched her hide she knew she had been found. Giving out a groan of annoyance the human was startled backwards. Only now did he here her deep breathing. Astral's eyes shot open and what she found was horrifying. 'I was shot down by this puny twig!' The human regained his courage and lifted a puny dagger. "I'm going to cut out your heart and give it to my father. I am a Viking. I am a Viking!" He said allowed. She couldn't tell if he was trying to convince her or himself. She wasn't convinced though. Closing her eyes Astral crooked in defeat accepting the death to come. Even this puny thing could kill her while mortal and immobile like this. He had no idea the chaos he would cause killing the goddess.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:51 pm

If Baldirak growled in frustration at the fact that the goddess chose to lie still rather than move when the branch snapped, it wasn't audible to anyone but himself. He didn't have time to wonder if he could speak at all through this human. Hiccup was ready to kill the Nightfury... until he realized it wanted him to kill it. He watched as the dragon closed its eyes and tilted its head to allow him to plunge his knife into the neck. "What am I doing? I can't kill you, not like this. It would be more impressive if I killed you while you weren't tied down... right?" Hiccup asked before remembering there was no one around to answer his question. "Now.. I'm going to free you. And you, you aren't going to kill me."

Baldirak finally had an opportunity to take over, so before Hiccup could change his mind about freeing the Nightfury, he cut the weighted ropes from Astral/Celestia's legs. What I wouldn"t give for the use of telepathy, he thought as he looked at his fellow Pyrrian's damaged tail. Hiccup too noticed the damaged tail fins of the Nightfury as he cut the ropes. As they fell away from the dragon he quickly scrambled away, holding his knife outward at arm"s length in case it tried to attack him. Ans then he saw one of the wings appeared to be injured as well. Slowly, he lowered his knife until his arms fell to his sides. This dragon wouldn't be able to fly away. No wonder it wanted to die. "You're hurt..."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:46 pm

It was going to free her what? Oh he was just doing it for some fair fight honer Human dung. But something didn't seem right about that. There was nobody around to witness it. He could just lie about it being some epic fight and nobody would be the wiser. He still seemed uncertain too. Astral's pupils shrank to slits as the human actually began freeing her. When it was loose enough Astral jumped up and moved her body gracefully to quickly knock off the rest of the rope off her. The human backed off as she was suddenly free. He just gave up his only chance to kill her. She stared at him and simply willed his to burst a flame but once again nothing happened. What was going on the rope was completely off her. She should have her powers back.

At first the viking had been holding his little knife at her but then it lowered it with a genuinely concerned look. "You're hurt.." He said to her. Astral just had to tilt her head to the side dumb founded that this child at first wanted to kill her but now was actually concerned she was injured. Gah this had gone on too long she wanted out of this place. Astral pounced at the boy and would wack his knife out of his hands mid air if he tried raising it. Pinning him down with one foot she looked directly into his eyes before she planned on chomping his head off. He was terrified and somehow she just knew that if he had saw the same look in her eyes he wouldn't have killed her even though he hadn't already but this would have been different. Taking a deep breath looking as from his perspective to about to blast him with fire she gave a good long roar in his face before she jumped off and attempted to fly off.

She hardly gained any height before her fins became unstable and she'd come crashing down. Repeatedly she would attempt to fly off till before she knew it she accidentally fell into a cove. The next couple of days she'd spend doing everything she could to try and get out to no avail.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Suddenly Astral jumped up to shake the ropes off. And then she pounced on the young Viking. Both Hiccup and Baldirak were terrified now, because they just might die. Not the way I hoped to die, but what better way than in service of Astral by helping her daughter kill an enemy? Though I do wish that I wasn't the same thing she planned on killing.. Hiccup was a little less silent on the matter, screaming as the dragon roared, no doubt ready to bite or throw fire at him. Then, it was gone. The Nightfury ran off and tried to fly away--several times--before ultimately falling into a cove.

Thank Shardas Baldirak thought as he got up and ran over to the cove. He peered over the side in time to see the NIghtWing slide down the side as she attempted to climb out. You aren't alone here. I am stuck too. he thought. And then he thought of something. He couldn't verbally communicate with Astral, but he could send a message if he could gain control over Hiccup just long enough... With all his might, Baldirak tried to will the human to do his bidding without thinking about it. Hiccup found himself pulling a bit of parchment from his satchel, along with a piece of charcol. Baldirak couldn't hold control for very long, he suspected, so the message had to be simple but easy for the goddess to understand. Ah, this should work...

Onto the parchment Hiccup drew a crescent moon and s few stars. At that point, Astral had attempted climing out of the cove again, startling Hiccup and breaking Baldirak's concentration. Fortunately, Hiccup dropped the parchment and it floated down into the cove. The young Viking backed away from the edge and ran off, heading back to Berk. That night he drew a picture of the Nightfury, making note of the injured tail fins. "Maybe that's why you couldn't fly."

Over the next couple of days, Hiccup built an artificial tail for the Nightfury. Once it was finished, he made up an excuse to leave the villiage and took it--along with a basket of fish--to the cove. Even though the Nightfury hadn't attacked him before, Hiccup also brought a shield with him. When he reached the cove, he found a path between two large rocks. There was space enough for him to fit through... but his shield became permanently wedged between them. Well, he'd probably be killed whether he had the shield or not, right? Nerously, Hiccup stepped away from the wall and further into the cove, looking around for the dragon. He kept his contraption tucked under an arm and the basket of fish in his hands.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Great so instead of dying by the blade of a toothpick she was going to die of starvation in a hole. At least the toothpick would have been quicker and less painful...maybe. She decided to explore a bit what would be her grave. Not everyone got to get familiar with where they would die. Course they probably didn't want to.

In her searchings she found something quite curious. A piece of parchment with stuff written on it that looked very close to her symbol. Not that it appeared she was a god anymore. Her symbol though was a crescent moon with a single star near the middle while as this drawing had multiple stars. Perhaps the humans knew of the gods but misinterpret it due to having no real relationship with them. Now that she though about it her predecessor Shardas probably did connect with them but since then they've had no gods to talk with only the ones they made up in their head. It was kinda sad even if they were just monsters.

Speak of the devil the passing wind brought the sent of a human growing ever closer. This one was probably not going to be a toothpick not that it matted she could still kill em with ease either way even with no longer being a god. She knew humans though and she knew that all it took was one kill before they all showed up. Finding a suitably large rock Astral chose to hide behind it and wait for the human to leave.

But nooooo instead they tried looking for her. Toothpick was back and it smelled like he had fish. Oh sweet fish that smell. She didn't even realize how ravenously hungry she was till now. It was as if after existing immortality she hadn't had anything to eat for years..wait a second........

Climbing over the rock Astral slowly made her way to the toothpick. The fish was probably in the basket but there was also something else in its arms. She had no idea its use but if she had to guess a weapon. That's the only thing that made sense. It knew it couldn't kill her so it brought some special weapon to do the deed. Astral crouched low to the ground wings half extended and growled for him not to get any closer with that thing. She wouldn't hesitate to blast him into oblivion if he did. She spared him that one time but that was a one time deal.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:03 pm

It didn't take long for Hiccup Horrendous "the toothpick" Haddock III to find the Nightfury. In fact, it found him. Judging by her reaction, Baldirak guessed he might have added three two many stars. Well if she got the gist of his message, maybe the human might be spared. Hiccup backed away from the dragon as it extended its wings a littlle and growled at him. He set his artificial tail down and pulled a fish out of the basket, tossing it at the dragon.

He quickly tossed a second fish before kneeling down to unfold the animal hide wrapped around the tail. He hoped that if the Nightfury saw the object wasn't harmful, it would... kill him later. He tossed yet another fish and started inching toward the dragon, dragging the tail behind him.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 pm

The human tossed a fish at her and as much as she wanted to grab it out of the air she let it flop to the ground. She was highly suspicious of this human. He had set his thingy down but she still didn't trust it not to spring at her or anything. Slowly while eyeing the toothpick she grabbed the fish that was tossed to her. Once it was in her mouth though she swallowed it up in one bite. Astral didn't let the second fish that was thrown in the air land anywhere but her mouth. Once she gobbled that one down similarly to the last she watched as the toothpick fanned out some sort of cloth. It was just cloth and metal nothing sharp or pokey or anything. It actually looked kinda like her tail fins funny.

Astral was beginning to wonder if maybe that parchment had belonged to this boy. Maybe he worshiped Astral, but no that didn't make any sense he shouldn't have any idea what she looked like especial if he couldn't even get the symbol right. Whatever that didn't matter. What mattered was he had food and seemed innocent enough. She started moving forward in an unthreatening manner. If he didn't start giving her more fish she'd have to knock him out of the way and dig into the basket herself.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:32 pm

When the NightWing Goddess reacted hostily to the human's presence, Baldirak guessed his message hadn't quite been as clear as he hoped. The only other thing he could think to do was show her his Astralogy talismans... but oddly only one hung around his--Hiccup's--neck. And it was under his shirt. With a sigh no one would hear, Baldirak hoped this little plan the young Vikiing had would work. Hiccup relaxed only slightly when the Nightfury moved toward him, even if it only seemed interested in the fish. He knew it could still turn on him. He tossed yet another fish as he made his way around to the dragon's tail, his artificial one in tow. He made sure the fish landed in front of the dragon so it wouldn't turn and move its tail as he went to put the AT on. Kneeling once he got close enough and after setting the basket of fish down, Hiccup made a last minute adjustment to the left fin. It was made of leather, like most of the contraption. There were two straps to fasten the AT in place. Carefully, Hiccup put his knee on the Nightfury's tail to hold it down while he secured the AT.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:04 am

Astral again snatched the fish from the air after it was tossed at her. She repeated the process till he took off with the basket of fish. She didn't even notice when he put a knee on her, it felt like a feather. With no fish in front of her to keep her occupied though she swung around her tail doing a 180 in a near instant. Her non-threatening demeanor made it clear she wasn't startled or anything. The human had convinced Astral he was harmless. Her concern was the fish and since he had the balls to take off with it she used her tail to take the basket from him. Once it was close enough she picked it up in her mouth and chomped down breaking the basket weave and loosing its contains. She became thoroughly occupied with the pile of fish she now had right in front of her. She'd growl if the human got anywhere near the fish that now belonged to her but otherwise didn't care what he did.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 am

Those darn fish.

Hiccup clearly hadn't thought his plan all the way through. The moment he set the basket of fish down, the Nightfury moved to grab it. And of course it moved its tail just as he was trying to fasten the AT to it. Being the toothpick he was, he was knocked down. "Okay, let's try this again." He stood up and brushed himself off before picking up the AT and carrying over to where the dragon let its tail come to rest. Again he put his knee on the tail to keep it steady. After adjusting the first strap so it fit securly but not too tight, the VIking started on the second one. "There. Now you should be able to fly." he said, a little proud of his work.

Baldirak looked at the contraption around Celestia's tail. It certainly seemed like it would aid in her flight. That was all well and good for her, but how would he get home when she didn't realize she was in the presence of a fellow dragon? He had to think of another way to communicate with the NightWing without being able to speak. Or else he would have to find another portal and hope it was on the ground.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Astral hadn't quite finished her pile of fish but her belly was quite full. She almost wished she was capable of thanking this human it had been quite good. Wait what was the toothpick doing? The young bodied Nightfury turned her head to look behind her. The human looked to be admiring his handy work of attaching something to her tail. Was that a find he had attached to her? Turning back around Astral took a moment to contemplate this but then she decided she didn't care she could fly again. Slowly opening her wings so as not to startle the human once they were fully extended she jumped and took to the air. It was working at first but something become wobbly back there and she began losing altitude. Astral screamed as she lost the control and began to plummet back down into the cove.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:27 am

It almost seemed as if the dragon understood what the human-sized toothpick had said. The Nightfury looked at its tail then opened its wings to and tried to fly away. It didn't get very far at all. Hiccup yelped at the dragon's roar and ran for cover as it fell back toward the earth. When it was over and his heart stopped pounding, he peeked over the boulder he'd hid behind. "Uhh... oops?" Hiccup walked over to the Nightfury after it got up, looking at the artificial tail fin, puzzled as to why it failed. "I guess I need to make a few adjustments." he said mostly to himself as he went to remove the tail fin. He then grabbed the now-useless fish basket and put it under his arm. "Okay, uh, dragon. I have to go now, but I'll be back tomorrow." Hiccup left the cove then and went home.

For the rest of the day he attended dragon training, because his father, Stoic, thought it was exactly what he needed. If his father had been anyone else, Hiccup might have protested. But Stoic the Vast wasn't just any Viking, he was perhaps the most stubborn Viking in existence... and also the chief. So there was no way Hiccup could talk his way out of it. By the end of the day, Hiccup was tired and sore and almost certain that if the Nightfury didn't kill him, dragon training would. But he didn't go to bed right away; he wanted to figure out how to make the artificial tail fin more effective. To do that, he needed to know how a real one worked... which meant learning all he could about Nightfuries.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:27 am

The human left saying something about adjustments and Astral just worked on swimming back to land. The human tried helping her fly again and fed her. This was all too strange. She didn't have any powers and now a human was helping her survive. Had Paradox come back from the dead to exact revenge on her for trapping him with Nimbus? She really considered it right now.

Deciding to rest and digest Astral walked up to a tree and hung herself upside from her tail before wrapping herself up in her own wings and attempting some shut eye.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am

Hiccup found the Book of Dragons and sat in the Great Hall. He opened the book, which documented all of the dragons his tribe had ever encountered. They were grouped into 1 of 8 categories and everything that was known about each one was written down. So even though Night Furies were rarely seen, Hiccup hoped he could find out everything he needed to know. It was understandable, then, how disappointed he was with what he found. "A member of the Strike Class, the Night Fury is the... unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance... hide and pray it does not find you."

Hm, a little late for that, Baldirak thought with a chuckle.

The young human now wondered why he wasn't dead. Shouldn't he be, if the Night Fury was a dangerous as the Book said? Maybe it was just toying wiith him, playing with its food before eating it. Hiccup pushed the thought from his mind, for now; he had a bigger problem. How could he learn about the Night Fury if there wasn't any information about them?

The next morning, Hiccup went to the cove with another basket of fish and some supplies to modify the tail fin. "Hello? Mr. Lightning and Death? Are you still here?" Hiccup asked in a low, shaky voice as he thought about what he'd read before. "I have some more fish for you."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Wow how long has she slept. Either it was a really short amount of time or she had slept all through the night and to the next morning. She felt quite well rested so it was probably the latter. Felt weird after not having to sleep after the longest time.

Astral folded her wings and dropped from the tree she slept from. She was baffled at how the human who had woken her hadn't seen her. He seemed to have brought her more fish. While she was most appreciative she was still full from the last meal. Dragons didn't have to eat every day like humans. But with no idea what tomorrow would bring and still being unable to fly she decided to trot over to the toothpick. She would let him open it this time instead of destroying it. The basket didn't look like something that was easy to make.

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

To the surprise of Toothpick the Skinny, the Nightfury walked right up to him. He didn't see where it came from because he'd had been facing the other way. Hiccup set the basket down, opened it up and pulled a fish from it. "Are you hungry?" he asked as he tossed a fish to the dragon. On his back he had been carrying the artifical tail fin and some tools to make changes to it. But first he wanted to look at the dragon's real fins to see how they worked. Hiccup tossed another fish then walked up to the Nightfury's tail. He reached out to touch the injured tail fin hesitantly, not knowing if it caused any pain. If the dragon didn't react, then he'd try to open the fin a little.

Toothpick figured out that the fin could open and close. If it opened and closed, then that must be essential to flight. He looked at his artificial fin and released it didn't open and close, it stayed open permanently. He walked back over to his supplies and sat down, contemplating how to get the fin to work like a real one.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top