Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

Ardent, Phantasmas, Wake

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D Kitaro Weyr Ruins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayHOSrealm of the seven

Staff Applications

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Staff Applications

Post by Astral on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:17 am

Currently I am only accepting staff applications for the position of character moderator. Previous members of staff are special exception. Note previous staff applications are not guaranteed to be accepted.

Would you like to become a staff member and contribute to our amazing community? Keep in mind this is a volunteer work job. There is no pay and besides some glows and symbols there are no rewards. Just like any job there is stress involved and hard parts. Now knowing all this if you still would like to become a staff member feel free to fill out the application below.
Code:

[b]Main-alt:[/b] (What is your main account and what name do you prefer to be called by.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Site Age:[/b] (When did you join the site and how active are you?)
[b]Position you are applying for:[/b] (Only accepting character mods at the time being.)
[b]Staffing History:[/b] (What experience do you have in the moderation or administration of forum based role play?)
[b]Contribution:[/b] (What contributions are you going to make to the site. What does being a member of staff look like to you?)
[b]Friends:[/b] (Yup a question about friends. Do you find making friends easy? Do you have many friends in real life?)
[b]Activity:[/b] (How active do you plan on being?)

[b]Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority such as a teacher and how you handled it.:[/b]

[b]Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so.[/b]

[b]What is your ideal site?:[/b]

[b]What is your ideal staff team?:[/b]

[b]Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?:[/b]

[b]You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?:[/b]

[b]Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?:[/b]

Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile http://www.rpgdragons.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff Applications

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 am

Main-alt: Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Site Age: February 10, 2015
I am online everyday and, when/if able, make an annoucement if I will not be online for more than one day.

Position you are applying for: I am a former member of staff and request acceptance to my former position of Moderator. If it is not possible for me to be reinstated, I will gladly accept whatever position is seen fit for me to have.

Staffing History: As aforementioned, I am a previous member of staff on this forum. I was a moderator. My daily tasks ranged from reviewing character applications to enforcing the rules of the site. I will admit here that during an incident in the chatbox when I first became a moderator, I froze and didn't do what I was supposed to. But I have learned a great deal since and have not ever allowed another such thing to occur. I am a member of staff on another site as well, less than a year. There I moniter the chat and revise grammer and spelling mistakes to important site information, such as lore and rules. I have no experience as an Adminstrator, but if need be, I could learn what is necessary to be one.

Contribution: I will continue with what I did formerly. I will aid new and existing members of the site in whatever way they need as long as I have the ability to do so. If they have questions I can't answer or need assistance I can't provide, I will refer them to a higher staff member. If I have an idea I think will be an improvement, or better the site as a whole, I will implement it as long as it is within my power to do so.

Friends: In this virtual world, I find making friends relatively easy and enjoy talking to the ones I have. However, in the real world, I have no friends at all, save my two pets. I am very reserved and find even the smallest conversation with people outside my family quite uncomfortable unless it is absouletly necessary.

Activity: I plan on being here for the site everyday as mentioned before, and will notify everyone if I expect to be absent more than one day.

Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority such as a teacher and how you handled it.: If e'er I disagree with the choice of an authoritative figure, I keep it to myself; they are above me for a reason. But if I feel they are being unfair or there is a better way for them to go about whatever it is, I bring it to their attention in a calm and respectful manner.

Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so. Once, in elementary school, a classmate and I cleaned the classroom during recess (I can't remember why). A tv (you know, those big heavy, square ones) sat too close to the edge of a cart. My classmate went to sweep under the cart and bumped it just enough to cause that tv to fall on her. Rather than run for an adult, I lifted that tv off of her myself (cue heroic music), able to hold it just high/long enough for her to crawl out from under it. And then I dropped that tv onto my foot. But did that stop me from makng sure my classmate was okay (well, yeah, kinda)? No, of course not. I made sure she was uninjured and by then rest of the class came back from lunch to help.

What is your ideal site?: The ideal site, for me, is one where all members, staff and non, coexist in relative harmony without either acting irrationally.

What is your ideal staff team?: Everyone is different. I want to see a staff team where one could have a different view without feeling like they are too different. I would like to see a staff team that communicates well together and includes all into the discussion that ought to be a part of it. If one is not present because they do not have the same means to communicate as the others, an effort should be made, even if it is an incovience to the majority. But most importanly, I want to see a staff team that can put their differences aside for the good of the site and not turn on each other.

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?: No, Jebediah was as wrong as Bill. Neither the fight itself, nor what led to it, matters. Who is right and who is wrong is irrelevant. What matters is Jebediah and Bill allowed their conversation to become a fight and disturb the other users of the chatbox. So they will both be cautioned against fighting in the chatbox. If either wishes to then begin an argument with myself and have no desire to cease after further warning, greater action will be taken.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?: I will do no more than ask why the person was unbanned and apologize for having done so without consultation.

Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?: Might I mope about it? Yes, I pobably will. But if those I thought were my friends would turn on me so easily because I did something they didn't like, perhaps they weren't friends to begin with. I will not return their hate, rather I'll go on with my work and hope they one day see what I did was the best thing for the site, for them.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronius on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Main-alt: Kronius
Site Age: Joined ~3 days ago

Position you are applying for: Character mod
Staffing History:

I was an admin for the now dead fantasy RP site (will provide link if requested). My contribution to the site ranged from a variety of different tasks, including the creation of the lore, information on fantasy animal species, new members guide, creation of different templates etc. Basically I was an admin when the site was created and involved in the fundamentals required for running the site (aside from coding). It was quite some time ago before the site died and I haven’t done any staff work since, so there is a chance that I am a little rusty at first. I just need to know what this site considers acceptable and overpowered before I am good to go.

Contribution:

For the time being (as it is the only position available since the making of this application) I will act as a reviewer and a guide for new members to help them better understand what is required to make a character here. If required, I can fill in the position of a higher role as I have experience with the administrator panel here in forumotion.

Being a staff member is more than about regulating the site and its members. My expectations of a staff member are being capable of shouldering the burden the responsibility and being capable of acting reasonably while under pressure. Not just that, but teamwork is a must. Every member of staff MUST be able to work together effectively and in harmony in order to reach a decision where all parties can agree on without further conflict. I am the type of person who would voice his opinions to his team and let everyone have their say on what needs to be done. No one should be acting the lone wolf and get something done all by themselves, even if they think they can handle it. Otherwise, if no prior discussion was made, there will be conflict between members of the community.

Friends: Personally I find it easier to make friends online than doing it in real life. A major part of that being is because we get to come together with a specific interest in common (such as an RP site for dragons and fantasy lovers) and do not have to worry about not being able to present myself because of my appearance in real life and such. I know this is not the most favorable sort of road to take when trying to socialize with others, but it still helps me break down the barrier of anxiety.

Activity: I plan to be active at least an hour every day as I absolutely love dragons!

Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority such as a teacher and how you handled it.:

I haven’t really come across a time where I did that. But I imagine if I didn’t agree with a higher figure, I will voice my concerns with them. The reason for this is because I wanted to hear their reasoning, with hope that I may learn from them as well so that this sort of conflict won’t happen again. But if it is something that I might hold strong opposition against, I will calmly express my thoughts on the matter but won’t proceed any further than that. If they hear my reasoning but remain steadfast, I will just have to accept it and move on. It really depends on the situation though. If far too many people are exploited by such a decision, then I will become a bit more persuasive for the authority to reconsider.

Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so.

I was in a shopping mall with an ice-skating rink and I saw a group of friends from my school skating there. One of them fell and split his lip, the wound was spilling blood onto the rink. I quickly rushed down to check if he is okay. We all helped him off the rink and stayed beside him with towels and such as we wait for an ambulance.

What is your ideal site?:
A successful site is one which strikes a very delicate balance between members and staff, ensuring that the members are well looked after without enforcing too many rules and regulations onto the site. The site should also center around a theme, where everything story related stems from this idea. This can also be a vital point to create a lore or new site events. It is also important that the theme does not run out of ideas and is kept alive in order to reduce the turnover of members coming in and out.

What is your ideal staff team?:
As stated above, harmony is of utmost importance between staff and members. Things change and it is important that members are fully aware of any announcements or huge changes that may come to the site. I feel that it is also an important role of all members of staff to be willing to open and discuss things with members, hear what they want from the site and bring it to the rest of the group for consideration. That way, the members will feel that their voices are being heard.

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?:

I will kindly remind them that the chatbox is a public place for members to have a FRIENDLY chatter and such. Their fighting will only serve to scare them off for whatever conflict they have and I will insist that both of them to drop it and talk about it somewhere else (usually by PM, but this site has disabled it). They have to realize that everyone can see them fighting and it will cause distress and discomfort among the members. This is not the sort of atmosphere that we want to promote in the site. If they dare to continue, I may consider issuing a warning.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?:
If this happens, then it is likely that there is some sort of miscommunication or misinformation that leads to one staff member acting against what I did. I will talk with the superior and ask them why they decided to unban them. It could be that the member was requesting to be unbanned, stating they did nothing wrong, or maybe the member has issued an apology that I am not aware about. Depending on the superior’s response, I will either push my reasoning forward as to why I think he deserves to remain banned, or I will just move on if I find it acceptable.

Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?:
There is no such thing as a perfect decision. You can try and tailor your actions to a community of people, but it is important that staff members are well aware of the risk of others going against that decision. But if things get sort of out of hand I become probably the site’s most hated person, I will make an announcement post stating my reasoning behind why I think what I did is for the betterment of the site. There is a chance that what I believed was right may not be, so I will be looking forward to hearing what reasons they will present and take them into account. What is also important to consider here is that the site needs to remain a peaceful site for everyone to enjoy RPing, not to have a political debate about who is right and wrong. To do this, I will tackle the root of the problem and make sure everyone is well informed of what has happened thus far, and hopefully this will dissociate the hatred from the community.
Kronius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:41 pm

@Kronius Could you please provide me your skype if you have one as well as the link to the site you mentioned?

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronius on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 am

I don't use skype, but I'll be more than happy to create one if convenient.

Replace asterices with periods.
Kronius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Main-alt: Tenebris
Site Age: Few years ago now, my activity varies due to my job role, although I make it a point to always be available when needed for an OOC purposes.
Position you are applying for: Admin (My previous position)
Staffing History: As stated above my experience can be seen upon this site, in addition though I used to be the Dungeon Master of a notable Role Playing Society upon an Online Game.
Contribution: What I want to contribute is to promote the development of all our in character stories and give some element and depth to each of our characters, while in the sames essence ensuring the site remains entertaining and fun for all. On a more personal ambition, I’d like to strive towards world building upon our already established lore so that we can make the Roleplaying experience for our members all the more immersive.
Friends: Yes, I can confidently say I have numerous friends both online and real life, should be noted though I’m not afraid to express my thoughts even if it requires me to scold my friends.
Activity: As stated above I will continue to strive to be online whenever possible, although I am faced with restrictions every now and again.

Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority such as a teacher and how you handled it.: This example comes from my service, although I respect rank and always will, on an exercise one our objective was to build an (MGOB) Medium Girder Over Bridge, our Cpl (section commander of our squad) had already selected the position of such from maps and intel, however I was sent out to perform a Recce as 2IC (Second in Command) of our section and I found a more suitable location for the bridge. My Cpl was adamant that his plans weren’t to change so I asked to see him to one side, out the way of the squad, I asked him if I could perform another Recce with our Geo to get a better lay of the land as I swore that it was the best option. He gave me it, and after setting the land requirements suitable our Geo came back with a full report and the Cpl finally agreed with me. Emotions wise it was frustration as it set us a few hours behind schedule and thus made us have to work through the night, but in the end I was praised the next morning by the Cpl after he ironically got his boot stuck in the previous location where he intended to originally build the bridge. (which was rather hilarious),

Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so. I believe my job should explain this better for an answer, I’m a Royal Engineer of the British Armed forces, asour base values and standards are

Loyalty.
Integrity.
Courage.
Discipline.
Respect for others.
Selfless commitment.

What is your ideal site?: My ideal site, is a united one, with a symbolic relationship between the staff and its members for mutual benefit for both parties.

What is your ideal staff team?: I always go by an acronym known as “Leaders”
• Lead by example
• Encourage thinking
• Apply reward and discipline
• Demand high performance
• Encourage confidence in the team
• Recognise individual strengths and weaknesses
• Strive for team goals

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?: First of all I’d defuse the situation and get it away from the chatbox, then I’d find out from both parties what the dispute is about, then going into detail, I’d express a urgence that both dissatisfied people come to some agreement, to which I’d mediate until the matter is sorted without taking a definite side.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?: I’d first speak to my superior to find out on the grounds of which they have unbanned the member, then express my views on the matter to see if we can come to an agreement, if not, I’d be obliged to stick with my superiors opinion/

Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?: I’d give an explanation to explain my actions and reasoning, however if people are still discontented, I cannot back down from a decision, especially if it was a unanimous Staff decision.

"Destiny isn't a matter of chance, its a matter of choice. Only we can claim our Destiny when the path opens" ~ Tenebris lamenting.

"Oftentimes in reality, the realists are in the position of the antihero. Neither those on the side of good, nor the side of bad really trust them, as their truth is universal." ~ Tenebris, Archon of the Ebonwing Potentate.

Tenebris
Archon of the Ebonwings

Male Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon on Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:42 pm

(Before you start reading, I'm sorry there isn't a bigger amount of writing.)
Main-alt: Guryon
Site Age: About 2 and returning to the site wanting to help, I will be on almost everyday.
Position you are applying for: Character mod
Staffing History: I don't
Contribution: Well Ill obviously do what ever my job requires and try to make sure everyones characters are as best as they can be inside of the rules. Ill really do whatever I can.
Friends: Making friends online is easy for me, and in real life its a bit harder, but I do. I have friends on and offline. Although there are only a few close friends.
Activity: I plan on being on the site a hour or so as much as I can, which should be four days of the week.

Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority such as a teacher and how you handled it.:
Well, when I don't agree with someone of higher rank than me, I don't voice it immediately. I think about what they did and why they did it, what lead to it and how it will affect. Although there can be some impulsive thoughts in my brain, I stop them from being impulsive. Then I talk to the person in private.

Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so.
Before my brother could swim, he would always "swim" in the deep end. He usually kept the the side, but would sometimes paddle out a few inches before returning  to the side. Well one time he got to the middle and he had no strength left, so me being nice and all
jumped in and kept him above water till we got back to the side.

One that follows all rules completely and is in complete order and is perfect in anyway.

What is your ideal staff team?:
one that knows how to works with others that they don't like (and vice versa), knows when they are working too hard, and doesn't use rules so they can get their way.

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?:
Calmly ask for both of them to stop fighting in the chat box and to keep inside the rules. Then I'd tell them to take it somewhere else if they wish to continue. If they don't come to a  agreement then I will help them towards it. If it returns to the wrong place, then I will give the proper warnings and other punishments.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?:
Calmly ask via pm why they unbanned the peep and tell them why I banned the peep. I will then use any information give by superior to understand and come up with the solution.

Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?:
First of all I wont back away from any of my decisions. I would try to help them understand why I did decided my decision, and I would keep them calm while doing so, and they have to get used to being around my decision. Although I would listen to all opinions via pm or any other messaging system.

^Credit to Demon Wolf^
Guryon
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Staff app

Post by Bassasail on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Main-alt: Bassasail, Bass
Site Age: September 3rd, 2015
Position you are applying for: Character Moderator

Staffing History: Both Moderator and Administrator for certain sites, I am well experienced in the creation of multiple sites and how to put them together to my own and/or others liking. On one site I am a world mod, or was (until it died) and what that dealt was if someone put in an app for a world I look it over to make sure its not too crazy or they were too lazy, kinda like character applications. Furthermore I can create wikias for a site, putting in tribes, creatures, and so on some that people who want to join can go look at that for a reference to see what the site is like. I have also been in charge, before, of checking out character sheets to either make sure they arent too overpowered, done correctly, etc. I also have experience in making multitudes of characters and multitasking between them all, if thats a trait.

Contribution: I am willing to pull off anything for the site, knowing whats to be expected of me, I wouldn't do anything that gets anyone mad or sad but try to help them the best I can. While Im not the fastest person I get my end of the job done by the end of the day.
Friends: Outside? Im picky to whoevers my friend. Yes I can be a very kind person, Im very easy going for that matter and go out of my way for others, but trust is not a luxury. I trust others on here, like the staff, to do their job and make members feel welcomed to the site. I have multiple friends in and out of work, and its hard to say who I really trust on this site, but Im not a jerk, so its easy to get along with me.
Activity: I do plan on staying much much longer on the site, so Im definitely staying, and between work and fixing up vehicles and houses I won't be on moat the day, but by the end of the day or at random times Ill pop on to see if anything needs to get done.

At one time during a highschool history class my teacher was going over the civil war, the North vs the South. He went on explaining about how it was about slavery but then I asked if it was really about taxes. Before slavery was really a problem the North taxed the living hell out of the South, finally the South had enough and stepped up against the North, Abraham Lincoln deciding it was time to go to war. During that time the North was losong, however, once Abraham said how the salves must be freed more people joined which helped a part of the war effort. I prodded on about this amd he simply agreed to it, but told me that he was payed to teach us from the book.

Between my father not having a job (where we live its hard to even look for one) and the money my mom was making we had a rough time with bills, because between that we were fixing up our house and fixing vehicles that were falling apart. I told them, if you neec help let me know, I know you are struggling so I dont care for my own money if it helps you out. Ive helped my best friend out of suicide, I wont explain what he went through, not for me to say, but he stopped cutting after I spoke with him.

My ideal site is one where both sci-fi and fantasy clashes as one, magic and technology. I want a site where everyone can stay on for x amount of years, people can enjoy the roleplay and the site itself. When people get on I want them to feel happy about being on, I want people who can feel comfortable about bringing their full potential in writing and imagination. Its about fun, sure it can get serious but I feel that having fun is something that everyone should have and that people should enjoy qhat they do and who they roleplay and/or speak with.

What is your ideal staff team?: Quality over quantity, yes you can be nice and friendly, we can have lots of staff BUT, how good are they when it comes to coding, situations, fixing bugs, etc.? I want those who know what they are doing when they come into the job, take responsibility for their actions, to be honest to all members and to aid those who ask for help, and to help those who are lost.

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?: Well I find out whats wrong in the first place, Ill say that Jebediah was right and if Bill has a problem and dont understand then Ill try explaining, get him to understand whatever Jebediah is right about.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?: I speak to my superior about it, because perhaps they don't know what that member has done to get banned. Or if they do know I will question them as to why they unbanned that particular person and perhaps something could be worked out or there could be an understanding.

Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?: I still do my job, no matter how many people hate me it doesn't affect me one bit. Yes I can get in arguments to prove a point but I dont treat it with hostility. Ill let people be people, so long their actions abide to the rules.

Male Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Do you have a skype I can contact you at?

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassasail on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Afraid not... I have Facebook if that works?

Male Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Welcome to the team Bassasail, I do advise mind making a Skype account in your spare time as we have an administration chat among the staff where we discuss the runnings of the site.

"Destiny isn't a matter of chance, its a matter of choice. Only we can claim our Destiny when the path opens" ~ Tenebris lamenting.

"Oftentimes in reality, the realists are in the position of the antihero. Neither those on the side of good, nor the side of bad really trust them, as their truth is universal." ~ Tenebris, Archon of the Ebonwing Potentate.

Tenebris
Archon of the Ebonwings

Male Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Hry this is Bass, I now have a Skype. Is there a group chat I could join? Like whats the name of it? Im Joshua Taylor on there

Valcroaza easily defeated Attor in size, yet, he was defeated himself both physically and emotionally. And he roared in frustration, slowly dying from the poisons and wounds, "How could an insect like You overcome a Lord?! I am Valcoaza, warmonger of the Rouges!!"
Attor laughed at the big dragon, walking towards the fallen creature as he prepared the stinger at the end of his tail, "You had the strength, might and size no doubt, what won me the war my friend, was speed, stealth and patience. You would have certainly won had you not been arrogant enough to try and torture and taunt me, taking your simple time to finish what You started. I won because of your mistakes, I won because you grew careless and sloppy, thus meeting your end."
Attor
SkyWing King
SkyWing King

Male Posts : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:40 pm

I can't seem to find you, so add me at Brownie1244. I'm the dude holding my baby niece.

Tenebris
Archon of the Ebonwings

Male Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassasail on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 am

Are you in the United Kingdom by chance?

Male Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:20 am

Main-alt: Cosmos
Site Age: Join Date: 2013-10-17, so I have been here for about 3-4 years. As for activity, I'm logging in on a daily basis, and once I get my characters up and running, posts shall be coming daily. Both OOCly and ICly.
Position you are applying for: Character Moderator or whichever given.
Staffing History: I've had about three years of moderation and administration experience on Dragons Roleplaying forum, and about three years on other forum roleplays. In total, I have had experience in staffing for about six years.
Contribution:
  • Activity - One of the greatest things that attracts others to this site is it's activity. It is important to both members and guests that this site is active and people remain interested in it's content and community. Although we are rising from a short dead period, it is important to keep growing in activity to further expand our community, options, and attractiveness of the site. I and many other will make sure that we contribute to the site's activity by posting in both roleplay and outside of that, and keeping others interested.

• Guidance - Being a veteran both as a member of DRF and of the Staff team, I believe I can provide guidance to those who are new to the site and team and good advice to those who need it. I believe my insight could be of a good use and trusted by many.

• Work - Although my work has dropped in consistency in the past few years, it has not dropped in quality. I believe that my eye for flaws and rights shall come to use in the grading process. It has been a while since I have graded an app, so I will be shaking off rust but otherwise, I believe I have good judgement in the grading process.

• Overseeing disagreements and arguments - Over the years, drama has become a great issue amongst us, and after experiencing it head on, I have been able to deal with both the stress and pressure of it extensively. Because of that, being able to settle disagreements and fights are quite simple.

• Ideas and Suggestions - As lovely as the site is now, anything and everything has room for improvement. I believe I can help with that when it comes to suggesting ideas, developing systems, regulating those systems, and helping to produce more.

Friends: I make friends quite easily, and I am very easy to approach. And yes, I do have many friends in reality as well, I make efforts to maintain a healthy and friendly relationship with them. Though I am friends with many people, I only typically associate with a select few, usually the ones who would not have a bad influence on me. I tend to be passively picky but open to any and all friendships.

Activity: Quite active. With the current consistency and quality of my current PC, I may be slow at first due to its flaws, but with a new computer on the way, my activity shall boost by a large margin. Please expect a boost in activity soon, but for now, weekly posts and logging daily is the most I can do with such a slow and dysfunctional computer.

Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority such as a teacher and how you handled it.: The power of authority is indeed, powerful. But when it comes to authority, I am not usually the face of opposition. I might not agree with something they did or said, but I considered what should be done and how far one should go for that same disagreement. After years of observation over my own behavior and my superiors’ behavior, I learned only to make a deal out of it if it interferes with my or someone else’s daily activities. Such as my work or quality of work. I don’t have a lot of examples because I don’t make myself the face of opposition, but I remember one time where I noticed how my teacher was treating a peer of mine in the eighth grade. I remember how inconsiderate and insensitive he was being towards her domestic situation and how it was affecting her. After she stormed out the class in a fit of depression and anxiety, I pulled my teacher out in private for a discussion. I informed him about her situation and how he should handle it. I personally believe that wisdom can be exchanged by both the teacher and the student, and such wisdom should not be taken lightly. There are some things only a student can understand. But that sums up how I normally handle situations. I try not to exaggerate it and take it out of a proportion it does not need to be in. I will simply pass on information to myself or others to handle situations similar to this better in the future.

Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so. An interesting question. I remember back at my old sites, there was a push for a new user group. The community wasn't usually the ones to suggest ideas, and when they did, they weren't usually taken seriously. But I, seeing the potential in the idea, urged the staff to develop it. The push lasted for a few years, and with perseverance and persistence, we were able to get it done. It was an extensive project for a small idea.

In regards to staff - I imagine a site where both the community and staff do not reign over each other. I feel very strongly about this because of the situations and issues we have experienced in the past because of this. I remember a time where staff were just as casual and lenient as the members were, however, they were too lenient. There truly was little regulation and staff seemed as useless as a dead horse. We mixed things up a bit and tried a new staff team, an entire new revamp, however, they were too strict, and the site fell. I think we need a good mixture of this. Of both leniency, consideration, and the ability to innovate, progress, collaborate, and not treat things too lightly nor seriously. It is hard to find that balance, but you can find it by finding the right people. Personality is key, one may be good at grading apps but if they are jerks or terrible at communicating with the community, their work means nothing. What I want is a team created based on their communication skills, innovative skills, creativity, approachability, friendliness, and ability to make good decisions. I want administrators to be able to take advice from both the members and their underclassmen (moderators), moderators to remember to roleplay, and everyone else be able not to exaggerate things and treat things humanely.

In regards to the site- I want to see a site where creativity is at it's prime. A place where two story genres are combined into one epic tale of dragons. I want the members to forge a story and continue to create an IC history for the site and make it worthy of writing a book about. I want to see a community large in numbers with excitement for roleplay, and be able to plot and create stories based off of imagination. I would like to see DRF try to make the impossible possible but within reason. I think that would make DRF more special than it is today.

What is your ideal staff team?: I would like to see a team with a healthy combination of older and new members, each with personality. I want each and every one of us to remember just why they became a staff member. I remember I became one because I shared a love for fantasy and dragons, for this community and the many years I may invest into it. I realized that I wanted to help people on this site have the best experience in roleplay while they are here, and do my best to make sure that happens. It is a good feeling to do something good and people are having a good time because of that. I want everyone on the team to be confident in their contributions or ideas but also have the ability to realize that it is to benefit everyone and not just one group. I want a group that does not treat this position like a chore, but a pleasure you signed up for. A position that requires problem solving skills. I want them to remember not this use the excuse “I'm just doing my job” 24/7, and remember just why you became staff. If Bill doesn't like how his app was graded, talk to him about it, don't shove him away because he has opposition. I'm not saying to bow down to whatever the members say, but remember to be tolerant and open minded. And most importantly, I want staff to remember to have fun. It is a stressful and demanding job but it means nothing if you don't enjoy what you're doing.

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?: Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong… So? They shouldn't be fighting in the first place. Chatbox is meant to have fun and relax in for both staff and the community, not for you to fight in. It doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong, they are BOTH in the wrong for creating a hostile and aggressive environment for the rest of us. They will be provided warnings to stop, and directed to PMs to further discuss their issue, or may come to me to come to an agreement between them.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?: Discuss with said superior about why I banned him, and ask why he banned him. If I have opposition, I will state it, if I don't and can see the mistake in my judgement, I will learn from my mistakes and improve from it to make better decisions in the future.

Despite the fact that you did something for the betterment of the site, you have become hated by the community. How do you deal with this?:. While it is good to be able to handle hatred and pressure, it means nothing if you do not fix it. I would not just ignore their hatred, because the relationship between a staff member and a user is very important. Do not choose to ignore it. The staff team is all this site has and if the community hates it's staff team, we need to mend that tear in the relationship. So yes, it is important to be able to take hatred and criticism, but it is also important to reflect and try to improve the relationship between you and the member. You are a team, not enemies. That sort of behaviour leads to intense drama that ruins the experience for everyone.

As for what I did, I would ask what had made them so upset, what I can do to help, and see if it is reasonable. No, I am not their slave, and I will not do whatever they ask, but they need to know that we care about their feelings and their stressors.

[i]"Life is a gift, cherish what you've been given." [/i]
Cosmos:
Cosmos was the cutest baby..

PLEASE CLICK THE EGGS!

Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm going to ignore you saying whatever position so that I can have the satisfaction of saying declined before approving you for a higher position.

DECLINED...
APPROVED for Admin

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Whoo! Everyone's Favorite Staffie is back!!!
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Main-alt: Hydra
Site Age: 2016-02-20 or 1.5 years
Position you are applying for: Character Moderator
Staffing History: N/A
Contribution: With the experience I’ve made making apps in the past, I'd like to apply what I’ve learned; I’m willing to come up with ideas for drf and for dragon character apps if at all possible as well.
Friends: To be completely honest…  I'd love to make more.  With the predicament of my circumstances of living in a group home I have become quite isolated.  I've done a lot of soul searching though and a lot of meditation, however I am incredibly friendly most of the time.  I'm always one to watch my ps and qs, and I always apologize when I am wrong.  I love people, and I'm very easy to get along with despite being introverted.
Activity: I will be active, I promise.  I'm not going anywhere.

I have had disagreements on the site but nothing major, but my parents and teachers have always told me I have good leadership skills.

The disagreements on the site have always been about applications, and my tendencies to submit overpowered characters. I usually am submissive now and have learned a great deal about apps from submitting them though. I guess you can say I have matured. I really am more of a peacemaker, I have a very gentle nature now whereas before I was quite stubborn.

Give an example of a time when someone needed help and you went above and beyond to do so. : to be completely honest my personality has always been going above and beyond, especially with art lately.  I have helped people move before, and every time I have been willing and able to do much heavy lifting; always with a good attitude.

What is your ideal site?: Heh…  this one I suppose.  I'm personally not a big fan of the monsterlypse but its my favorite site.  I would for sure like to invest time into doing in the monsterlypse though, mustering potential courage to get points for God characters.

What is your ideal staff team?:  I'm open minded, I'd like to bring to the table what I could.  I know that staff here is generally pretty strict, though I understand why.  I know that a lot of people are turned away from staff, all I'm saying is maybe you could use an open mind for ideas.

Two peeps are fighting in the chatbox. Jebediah is right and Bill is wrong. What do you do?: as a flegmatic, peacemaking comes naturally to me.  In this situation I would try to understand both sides of the argument and grasp why and how it started.  I would try to calm them down and have or have them resolve their problem with each other, just try to work them through it. If I couldn't make peace with either side, or one or the other, I'd definitely bring it up to a different or higher staff member and see if they could intervene.

You just banned a peep and a superior went and unbanned em. What do you do?:  I feel like this is something that should be talked about between more than just two staff members.  

I understand the question.  I personally wouldn't hate anyone fyi.

But I feel like if the community is angry with staff, some kind of harmony should be made between staff and the peers.  I believe in democracy, that people should have say and opinions whether or not they are staff.  I'd recommend utilizing polls and suggesting the ideas section to be used as well as for staff to communicate with the peers and come up with solutions together.  I believe being a staff member requires a level of humility and patience.  If you guys like, there is a list of traits that make good leadership.  I can web link you all if you like.

Last edited by Midnight on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing what baldi requested me to alter.)
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm

On "Give an example of a time when you didn't agree with someone in authority.." you didn't really answer that. Could you go over that again? Same with the next question.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Bump.
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm

This has been declined. At the moment, we aren't actively looking for additional staff, also, just based on how long it took to get your very first character approved, while you have improved a little since then, I don't believe you would make a good character mod at this time. But thank you very much for applying and wanting to help out, we appreciate it.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top