Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
BerksDragonsRuins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayWarriorCats

Insert title here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insert title here

Post by Kyuurei on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Ok so guys.
I'm am 100% sure that you'll ether lash back at me or say some junk regrading my dumb old attitude/nature so go ahead and be like Dragon's den community, I don't care.

So, how do I start?

Firstly, out of all of the problems I have here is caused by the fact that... I'm have jealously towards members/popular members. Look at you! You have high ranked dragons and/or gods. If you don't have either, at least you had some decent plot to roleplay in (see how quickly I can lose interest!) One part of me wants to get a high position/god rank but the other half of me thinks that I'm not capable or good enough for it. :/ And I have a feeling that this site don't allow second chances to ranks...

I'm not saying that I want one of you guys to give me a god rank but I just don't feel right here, like I don't belong. Whenever I tried, then it fails for some reason... Uggh, I have this dumb attitude for quite a while (THANK YOU GAME FOR RESTORING MY HAPPINESS BACK! ONLY IF YOU WEREN'T UNDERRATED! THEN I CAN MAKE A CHARACTER THAT TRAVELS THROUGH PEOPLE'S MINDS HAHAHAHA!) and I'm very attempted to ditch this site for Flight Rising's forums. They even have a roleplaying section that I haven't touched yet!

I still think that I have messed up big time on this site like I did in Dragon's Den! And.... you're welcome to say things that I wish to ignore. Sad

Kyuurei

Male Aries Snake

View user profile http://rainbowzboom.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Insert title here

Post by Artemise on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm not gonna insult you, don't worry. Anyway... Don't worry, you're not alone. In real life, I, too, am often jealous of the "perfection" of my best friend, resulting in hurting nicknames (like full-marks girl) and conflicts. BUT! You have to stamp down on that vicious green thing called jealousy. (I'm trying, too, but c'mon. She's too perfect .-.) As for the god rank thingy, this is what Tempest told me, and I should repeat it to you too: "As long as you do your best, it's fine. Razz" I'm sure you'll be a pretty good semi/god or whatever (I don't think god rank is available at the moment); like Tempest said, just do your best. About the losing interest in RPs and good plots: I often don't have good plots xD I just go with the flow, or "wing" it as you all call it. Sometimes I also am very lazy to reply to a RP, but I just do it, since I'm bored. Take "The Meeting of Two" as an example. I'm really lazy to reply to Pyrrhus sometimes but I just force myself to do it. Maybe you should do it too. And though this game is a Roleplaying site, it doesn't mean that you have to RP. You can just chat. It's fine. If you like, I can do a RP with you. And I will make sure that I nag at you if you lose interest.

And if you're going to reply with "At least your posts are good", then no. Just no. Read my posts. They aren't as good as you think, you know. It's really lame but I like RPing, so I RP.

Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Female Aries Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuurei on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:16 am

Yeah I've quitted Semi-god position because of these reasons:

-I was the only one who posted my app in time, with the way I was approved, I feel that I really don't deserve it. (SO MUCH REGRETS!)

-Kyuurei was a very boring character to roleplay at the time. Now that he is super dooper crazy, I don't know if I want to have a second chance at this....

Kyuurei

Male Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:31 am

*whispers* You want a second chance.....................

Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Female Aries Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuurei on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 am

yeah.... is that a bad thing?

Kyuurei

Male Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Well, if you're so jealous but don't think you can hold a god position, then how can you be jealous? Just because you were the only to reply doesn't mean that it was a forced choice. If another person applied they might have chosen you anyways. I think that if you try hard enough you can hold a god rank, but you have to not give it up first. And we would give you a second chance if the chance comes up again.

As for the roleplays, make it interesting! Make it something worth while to come back to and post to. I know the feeling when a RP gets boring, but that's why you have to push through! It's like the boring part of a book, either starts in the beginning or happens sometime later. After you push through it just gets so much better. Just be optimistic about things!
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuurei on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:14 pm

I don't care anymore. I thought about it and my character/alt isn't fit for it anyway. RIP

The roleplay topics made others (Not my ones I mean some others ones that I don't want to name them here. Just hurts me mentally and that's one of the reasons for my 'odd' attitude here. I want to stay here and be optimistic but a couple of things here just pushes me down :/

Kyuurei

Male Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuurei on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Are you guys satisfied yet?

Kyuurei

Male Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:30 am

Don't think most of us just have plots falling from the skies for them to go in. Most of the topics I'm in concern my characters' mates and families (that I had to seek actively). It can be frustrating not to know what to do with a character you like, I can understand that. That's the drawback of a forum like this, it's not as easy to find plots.

Role-plays on forums like Flight Rising aren't the same at all than role-playing on forums like here. Topics will have much less context, and too easily fall into inactivity, screwing the character you created for that topic. Don't mistake me I'm not talking trash about it, I used to love those kind of RP (I actually began rping on a similar forum, the old DragonAdopters. Oh the memories ^^)
But if you are easily bored with your character, and don't feel like investing in his development, it might be the format you need. I guess you can give it a try for one thread - nothing forces you to quit DRF just to try, after all you can do both ^^

Meh all this reminds me of my first RP thread ever. I had like five characters in it, and it lasted for more than 200 forum pages. Even started to write it as a story, but kinda stopped after around 20 chapters.

LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:41 am

I do have plots falling from the sky but I don't have time to rp them. Kinda makes it difficult to relate. As the leading authority on gods I can't really say anyone is deserving of them. Half of the full god owners have no idea what even to do with their character. If you are at least semi active and make posts longer than one liners than you are eligible. If nobody else applied for the position then nobody else was interested and its first come first serve of which I mean if you got it then you got it nobody else can take it till you quit/are super inactive of which I mean don't even log in the site for a couple months without posting a reason or give it up.

The question you are going to have to ask yourself is this. Do you enjoy rp more for the writing interaction with others and don't care much for what is actually being written. If that is the case you'll prolly enjoy those other sites. If you more enjoy the plot and the characters and are fascinated by how things evolve as a result of rping with others, then this site here is the best dragon rp site on the internet for you. I can tell you why most peeps have a hard time rping their character or lose interest in it. A majority of it is they don't know how to make a character. Prolly only 1/10 of every app I read here is a good solid character, if not less. Here is a sure fire way to create a character that if you dedicate to it will become one of your fav characters of all time. Create a brand new character and pick a major weakness. Not some silly weakness like they are afraid of monkeys but like a major flaw such as multiple personalities or I can't believe I'm going to throw NW under the bus like this but afraid of NightWings yet somehow keep running into them. Center your entire character around this flaw. Now work on getting rid of this flaw not in a few threads but very gradually over a long period of time. Maybe after several chance meetings you make a NightWing friend but due to your own subconscious fear you struggle being around them even though they are your friend. Maybe eventually you get over this and said friend is now working on showing you the good side of NightWings. You become good friends with many NightWings and your character is now compelled to crush rumors about all NightWings being evil or something along those lines. I could go on and on.

There are only two reasons why you wouldn't belong here. Either A you aren't interested in dragon rp in which case you would never have joined or B you are a troll just looking to ruin people's day or don't care about ruining people's day or don't want to follow the rules of which you are none of. Weather you belong or not is unrelated to if you want to stick around or not. That is something you'll have to decide for yourself and while none of us would force you to stay none of us want you to leave either. I mean I'll be honest there could be like one person but I doubt it and if so screw them. There will always be that one person you just got to ignore them.

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top