Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Agatha Morynch (Ready for approval)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» Bitter (open, Baldi invited)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Yesterday at 10:38 pm

» Inside the Journal of Machhias the SkyWing
by Machhias Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Out for a stroll (Open)
by Destella Yesterday at 4:11 am

» A Call to Arms (Twilight Imperium)
by Tormaigh Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 pm

» FrostFire the Traveler (Done)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:13 am

» ElderWings
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:50 pm

» Toweth (WIP)
by DragonLord Volt Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:31 pm

» Machhias (Ready for approval)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:15 pm

» Human question
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:30 pm

» Attack on Ammos (Humans)
by Súl Iolar Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 pm

» What is your favorite tribe?
by Tenebris Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:45 am

» Current state of the Nightwings
by Tenebris Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 am

» DragonLord Volt's Character List
by DragonLord Volt Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:54 pm

» Cyronic (Ready for approval)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:46 am

» Hello
by Astral Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 am

» Crag Wyvern heart
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:57 pm

» Will create theme songs
by Wake Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:58 pm

» The Mentor Program
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:04 pm

» A Slave of the Past (Open)
by Atarijor XVI Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:57 pm

» Happy Birthday To.....
by malaki Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:28 am

» Black Solstice
by Hydra Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:18 am

» Daelec
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:24 am

» Share game trailers
by Crag Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:37 pm

» The Everglow (Baldirak)
by malaki Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:15 am

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Amarian the Storm Dragon

Go down

Amarian the Storm Dragon

Post by Amarian the Storm Dragon on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Personal Info
Name: Amarian
Alias: N/A
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Amarian is the fire that only burns everything down if you feed it long enough. She is willing to help, or at least try to, and is unwilling to harm anyone innocent, but if she even thinks that someone's going to harm her or someone else, time to unleash the fire. Amarian is a social butterfly, so she often leaves the safety of her home to see if there's anyone around. She cannot spend a single day speaking to nothing but herself, so she may neglect other needs, like hunting, to find someone to talk to. When you DO start talking to her, she may surprise you by how outgoing she is.
Interests: Social Interaction, Fish, Meat
Dislikes: Having a mate, Cruelty, Loneliness
Fears: Dark (Ironically), Swimming

General Appearance
Height: 15.3 Feet Tall
Scales: Stormy Blue, Seafoam Green Underbelly, Fish-like Scales
Eyes: Silver Eyes
Appearance: Short snout, sleek, smooth body, cat-like eyes, curved horns, frills on the side of her face, bat-like wings, scythe-like tail

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: Rogue
Inheritance: SeaWings, NightWings
Family: Eria (Mother, River Dragon, SeaWing), Balitoe (Father, Midnight Dragon, NightWings)
Mate: None, and Never
Hatchlings: None, and Never

Skills and Abilities
[b]Strengths: Amarian is a skilled flyer (going at 68 miles per hour) as it is one of her favorite things to do. She flies around the land, looking for someone to interact with often, so she had taught herself to maneuver around terrain. She is also swift, has quick reflexes, and fit in spaces bigger dragons can't get in as long as they are big enough for her to fit through. Although her attacks aren't as powerful as the older dragons, they hurt. Imagine a cat biting ten times harder. It still won't hurt you, but it will still hurt. Her breath weapon is a spray of water, cold or hot depending on the temperature of her body (hot water if she's warm, and cold water if she's cold)

Special Abilities: The temperature of her breath weapon can change depending on her body heat.
Weaknesses: There are quick moments, small, quick moments, where Amarian gets distracted by another dragon or something pretty while flying, and... smash! She runs into a tree or something. Amarian's speed is also a disavantage as she may not be able to stop herself quick enough, something Amarian knows well. She isn't powerful, and her energy drains quickly. If she was human, three minutes of running would tire her out. She has more stamina than a human, being a dragon, but it still drains quickly. Sometimes, she will slip up and/or trip. Amarian's breath weapon dehydrates her by taking water from her in order to spray, so, unless she has access to a clean river that's only seconds away, then she prefers not to use it.[b/]
[b]Combat Style: Amarian will run around, avoiding attacks, then lunge in to attack the enemy. She uses claws and teeth othen, rarely using her breath weapon (fast-flowing water, especially since it dehydrates her quickly, as it requires her to take water from her body to shoot water) Now, imagine a dog biting at your leg. That's how much damage Amarian can cause, as she isn't full-grown, nor does she focus on getting stronger. It can still leave scars, of course.[b/]

[b]Background

[b]History:Amarian was born a rogue as an only-hatchling, unaware that her parents would divorce a few years later. She had always wondered why her parents would fight all the time back then, but she has come to just push it to the back of her mind. One day, she left home to live by herself, which quickly resulted in a near-death experience where she both nearly drowns and gains a fear of swimming and unintentionally catching a fish, tasting a fish, and gaining a love for fish. She made her home and spent her days alone, before realizing she couldn't handle being alone. Amarian decided to search for friends, but she still hasn't found a friend yet.[b/]
[b]RP Sample: Amarian sniffed the air, looking around. "No one," she muttered to herself. "How come everyone's away from my home. I should really reconsider where I live." [b/]

Last edited by Amarian the Storm Dragon on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amarian the Storm Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amarian the Storm Dragon

Post by Ignatius Sikum on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello Amarian, firstly, welcome for DRF! I hope that you have a wonderful time here and if you have any troubles at all, do not hesitate to contact anyone with the '@' symbol at the front of their name.

Now, your app just needs a few touch ups before you are able to RP with us.

"Dislikes: having a mate, cruelty."

There is a minimum of 3 dislikes required for an app to be accepted, so one more will need to be added before this can be accepted. Even to have a dislike of trees would be acceptable for the last one.

"Height: 4.6 feet."

Even for the smallest dragons, this height is too low. Unless they were around 1-4 years old (hatchling age). This needs to be increased to the minimum height for the dragon type which you have chosen, and seeming she is a hybrid, it can be down to the SeaWings minimum height. (Assuming that river dragons are, in fact SeaWings)
Another solution to this is to change her age so that she is much younger.

"Scales: Stormy Blue, Seafoam Green Underbelly"

Just state the arrangement of these scales, are they fishlike? Triangular? Snake like?

"Inheritance: Crossed Element, Pure Rogue"

With this, I would recommend putting N/A for this area. I also recommend instead of putting pure rogue (as that is a category which dragons without a tribe fall under) that you state what type your dragon is. Is it a FireWing? LightWing? Is it a hybrid? You need to state what your dragon is.

"Family: Eria (Mother, River Dragon), Balitoe (Father, Smoke Dragon)"

What is a river dragon? What is a smoke dragon? Are they hybrids? What tribe are these dragons from, as there have been no tribes consisting of either smoke or river dragons. The two tribes closest to the ones which you have selected are the SeaWings   (River dragon) and the FireWings (Smoke dragon), so they have to be modified to fit in within the tribes.

"[b]Strengths: Amarian is a skilled flyer, as it is one of her favorite things to do. She flies around the land, looking for someone to interact with. She is also swift, has quick reflexes, and fit in spaces bigger dragons can't get in, and, although her attacks aren't as powerful as the older dragons, they hurt. A lot."

How fast does she get, how many mph? How does her flying give her an advantage, is it a potential disadvantage?
How small of a space can she fit in?
How much do her attacks hurt the dragons which she strikes? Is it with her teeth, claws, tail? How much damage can these attacks inflict?

"Special Abilities: N/A"

No matter the age, even if it's an ability which she has yet to create, this area should NOT be left blank. This spot is designed for you to be creative, an design an attack which only she can use. (Anything overpowered though will need to be weakened and a staff will let you know if it's too strong or not)
Even if it's just an ability to allow her to have empowered attacks with her paws, tail swings, or someone similar. Something should be put here.
However, if you REALLY want to keep it blank for now, maybe say that she will gain powers at a later day or something like that. (I was informed that you can have no ability here if you really don't want one, my apologies <3)

"She uses claws and teeth othen, rarely using her breath weapon (fast-flowing water, especially since it dehydrates her quickly)"

You need to mention that you have a water breathe in the strengths section. Also add why it dehydrates her quickly, explain if this is stronger than normal and how this is a weakness to her.

After these things are edited, give this a bump.

FireWing Guardian

Male Posts : 541

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarian the Storm Dragon on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:06 am

@Tempest

Thank you for replying! I just have one question... where does it mention all the FireWings, SeaWings, and all the other information? I didn't find it earlier.

Amarian the Storm Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:06 am

It's not a problem Amarian, it's my job <3

Here you can find the useful things about each dragon tribe;
http://www.rpgdragons.org/t3556-the-new-member-s-guide

I hope you find all the information which you need there, it describes all the different types of dragons, their sizes, strengths and abilities.

FireWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarian the Storm Dragon on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:18 am

@Tempest

Thanks! One more question before I finish my improved template: are runts allowed? Especially since when I made Amarian, I wanted her to be smaller than the average dragon.

(Also, when I wrote your name, I,somehow ended up typing Remoest. Actually, that gives me an idea... Razz)

Amarian the Storm Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:57 pm

If you wanted to have a smaller than normal/hybrid dragon, the minimum height for the SeaWings would be fine. Almost all SeaWings are larger than that, or the other option you could do is change her age.

FireWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarian the Storm Dragon on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:52 pm

@Tempest

I posted the improved form! Very Happy If there's anything else I need to fix, let me know.

Amarian the Storm Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:48 pm

Hmm, this all looks good to go!!

Approved!!!

FireWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down