Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Destella

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D Kitaro Weyr Ruins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayHOSrealm of the seven

A dance with Fire (open)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dance with Fire (open)

Post by Deenirea on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:41 pm

It was another bright and warm day at the edge of the firewing territory. The sun had been at it's highest point for hours and was slowly beginning to descend, so the temperature, however not by a great amount this was after all still the land of volcanoes and lava lakes, cold it would never be. Dee had spent the day laying upon what seemed a larger rock located in a clearing at the firewing's territory border. Nightwing territory located to her right and the rogue land spreading before her, if she'd look far enough she could even spot the snowy peaks of the great mountains in the ice wing territory. She always preferred this corner of the territory, it in someway was quieter and cooler than the places closer to the middle. Not many dragons passed and so she had her peace. She was alone and could dedicate hours on her flames without being interrupted. Oh how she loved her flames.

Dee was sprawled upon the rock like a hatchling. Her back touched the heated rock, while her wings were hanging over the edges of the rock covering it partially. Her tail was moving from one side to another in a steady rhythm and her head...well was hanging off the front edge, head-over. She was humming, her voice filled the no longer quiet clearing  as birds had begun chirping along. She laughed watching her flames dance before her, their movements were sometimes swift, quick and sometimes slow and graceful. At times they would shape into animals, dragons dancing to her song or fish that jumped high out of the sea of flames before dipping back in. Her favorite, however were the flowers she could make which spread and transformed into small swirls, waves of flames that danced along the grass tips and the rocks around. At times like this she was in utter peace paying attention to nothing, but her flames.
Around, the sky was turning shades of pink, orange and red, the birds quieten as they slowly one after the other fell asleep and Dee was still humming to her flames.

Last edited by Deenirea on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A dance with Fire (open)

Post by Storm on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Storm had been flying through Pyyria all day long. He just needed a day to himself to think and just take a flight to see some of the magnificent sights. He had flown in the rogue lands most of the time, as to not attract hostile dragons guarding their territory. He flew down right near the border of the FireWing territory, finding a place to spend the night (even though Storm's species is NightWing, he is awake during the day since he is a SkyWing) as he had a long way to go to get to the SkyWing kingdom. He Looked up and saw Deenirea in the distance. He jumped back into the air and headed for her, wanting to say hi. He was a friendly dragon, and wanted to meet dragons and make friends. He flicked his tail friendly and landed just outside of her flames."Hi," he smiled, waving a talon. "I am Storm of the SkyWings. Nice to meet you," he said.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

View user profile http://techdragonslair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:48 pm

(you don't mind if I just join in here right)

Draken again set off on another Journey, to go and explore what was happening in the outside world. About a couple minutes in, Draken looked up and saw the sky changing colors. Draken was surprised he had never seen something like this before. Draken then looked around and saw 2 Dragons talking to each other above. Draken then took out his Journal and wrote I have just spotted something I have never seen before. I have to know what is causing this, this is just so pretty. Still no friends yet. Draken the flew up to see what was happening. Draken saw them both and hid behind a rock to see what was happening.

Drakey's Theme: (Enjoy)

Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 am

Dee had still been playing with her flames as the skywing had appeared. It took her several moments to realize that it was not the shadow of her flames behind her fire, but another dragon. With that her flame poofed away and she sprang to her claws. She felt the rock scratching against her back scales through the quick movement and she flicked her gaze to the skywing,  a somewhat small skywing. The happiness that quelled in her turquoise opticals only moments before was now lushed along with her flames.
She observed the dragon as he spoke, he wore colors unusual for a skywing and was definitely small now that she was standing before him. She was nearly double his size, a rare feeling creeped through her for once she was not the smallest, however  it did not bring feelings of delight as she thought it would.

She shook her head once he was finished, her extended skin flapped upon her skull and the dirt that had piled itself between her scales fell. "The pleasure is all mine...Storm" she lowered her head in a greetings manner, held it for two seconds and raised it once more. Her face was emotionless as she spoke "Deenirea is my name, Firewing tracker and fire dancer" A smile cracked through her unemotional face and she flicked her tail once, twice before settling at what she had said.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:46 am

Storm smiled back at her and said, "I am a scholar for the SkyWings." He paused for a moment. "Do the FireWings happen to have any... Scrolls for sale? I especially like novels," he said.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 am

Seeing that this dragon was rather friendly she sighed and laid her frame upon the rock. She crossed her paws and listened to his query "I'm afraid I wouldnt know if we did, neither am I sure if I was to tell a stranger such things. You see most firewings don't appreciate other dragons, outsiders, and I am quite sure they definitely wouldn't appreciate someone knowing about any of the information within the tribe" she flicked her tail while speaking, the hair attached to the tip made the dust rise and fall behind her red frame.

Dee was in a good mood and so decided upon showing the skywing part of her ability. "Fortune for you little skywing, look here" Blank faced dee outstretched her right arm and claw and held it palm up in the air. She glanced at her claw, breathing out fire through her Maw it curled around her claw before rising high and expanding wide over them. She watched, commanded the flames with a glow in her eyes. Joy filled her as she watched. The flames swirled and moved gracefully in the air. The flames, she realized then, were the only things alighting the clearing as the sun had sunk behind the mountains. At once the flames fell and raised themselves before hitting the ground. They swirled around the skywing shaping into another dragon dancing before transforming back into fire and vanishing into thin air.  She smiled and closed her claw tucking it back and crossing her claws once more.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:59 am

Storm yelped and jumped back as the flames went around him and formed another dragon. All at one, though, it disappeared. He collected himself quickly. T-that is... Amazing!" he said in awe. He sat down, his eyes sparkling.

// 400 POSTS!!!!!!! //
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:33 am

(Kinda late, nobody minds if you join drake)

Dee nodded at his expression, smiling herself. She flicked her gaze into the sky and saw the only source of light illuminating the ground, the moon. As she glanced back at the skywing she let out a quiet cough and flicked her tail "You say you are a Skywing yet you wear unusual skywing colors and you are rather small for a skywing." She thought for a moment before continuing "You are no true Skywing are you?" She flicked her tail a second time, she was suspicious of this dragon. He was too kind, no dragon this kind could be any good. She rose her maw, the light beaming of the moon reflected of her red scales.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:03 am

Storm looked at her, seeing the suspicion in her eyes. "I am actually a NightWing, but I am in the SkyWing tribe. I was born in the NightWings but everyone always picked on me for being so small, and I left and joined the SkyWings. I like it a LOT more with them," he shuddered as he remembered the NightWings. "Plus it was too dark and lifeless there. I know this may sound weird, with me being a NightWing and all, but I like the day just as much as the night." He shrugged his shoulders looked back at her.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 am

((May i join this with someone?))

^Credit to Demon Wolf^
Guryon
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:24 am

// Sure! //
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:02 am

(of course)
Dee nodded slightly as he confessed of being a nightwing. She listened to his story and his views on the life of being a nightwing. She chuckled as he mentioned that he was harassed by them, understanding of course. As he was done she was quiet for a minute, thinking. She needed to choose her next words carefully as they carried judgement, and she was sure that even a dragon with such high level of kindness would be able judge. Her gaze moved away from storm and over the clearing as she spoke "I believe that nightwings are everything but lifeless. They can be very active and to be honest i rather like them, a close friend of mine is a Nightwing and she is very fun to be around. Ofcourse only when you understand what fun means to her." She chuckled remembering how her shadow (Her friend) used to have fun with other creatures using her abilities. Her opticals flickered back to storm, or his silhouette. The darkness had swept over them like a blanket without them realizing much, she adored the darkness still her neck began glowing red as she breathed out a small flame the size of her claw or storm's head. It moved like a creature from her maw between the two dragons. Reaching its destination, the center of both dragons, it stilled and hovered there illuminating the area partially. Glancing back at storm she continued "The fact that you were harassed doesn't surprise me, its in their nature. You have to laugh about it, eventually you'll bore them and they move on" Her face was blank, she knew this was mostly a lie as most nightwings play with their prey until the prey gives up. The fire crackled and moved within the flames.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 am

Draken still hiding behind the rock was jotting everything he saw down in his journal. When he heard one of them mention about Nightwings being Friendly, Draken smiled and thought to himself Wow those Dragons are friendly, but I still don't want to get caught I feel like I'll get in trouble if I do, So I think I'm going to stay hidden for now. Draken stayed behind the rock and continued to listen.

Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:58 am

Storm looked at the hovering fire in between them. "I know that not all NightWings are bad... But I enjoy it more with the SkyWings. I feel more comfortable around them. So I told you my story. What about you? What is your story?" Storm looked from the fire and into her face. She wasn't a silhouette to him, as his night vision made him see in the dark.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:06 pm

Dee stretched her wings to their full height. The orange membrane between became flat and stretched along. They made a few 'crack' noises and she tucked them back onto her red scaled back. She nodded at him while he was talking. She herself knew few night wings that were nice. As he queried her about her story she hesitated, she was not someone to tell her life story, however at the same time she had never met a dragon without any evil intentions. Somewhat it made her nervous. She glanced at his eager look for her story, she sighed" very well, but keep in mind if you inform anyone about my history I will burn off your head." She glanced into the fire deep into thoughts "I hatched into a family with two firewing parents. My mother had the sweetest of voices and I was lucky to inherit her voice. My brother hatched only a few years after and I had the habit to sing his soul to sleep. He was killed by a seawing for whatever reason." She was still staring into the fire. The fire moved and shaped into each dragon while she spoke, it was like a representation of her thoughts. "After that I left and went on a journey. A few months into my journey I met Delillah, you remember the nightwing in informed you about earlier. We travelled together and saved each other lives more often than I can count" Dee laughed as she watched the fire shape into two dragons fighting together against other dragons and creatures."Once she joined the night wings I joined the firewings, and now I sing and dance my way through life with my fire." She flicked her tail and the fire became flame again. Her gaze hovered on the fire still, she had left unnecessary parts out knowing these were none of his business.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Storm's eyes widened as Dee mentioned Delilah. "I have met her before!" he exclaimed. He wanted to scream out: She tried to kill me and my friends![i] But he kept that part out, thinking she might blast off his head if he said it.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Dee flicked her opticals to storm at his expression. She was confused but was quickly put straight as he began turning angry at his mentioning of deli. She bursted out laughing trying to contain her laughter but failed. How she missed the faces of deli's victims, they used to always amuse her. When she saw his angered expression she swallowed her laugh and tried hiding it.  With a smile on her Maw, that she really did try to hide she spoke "have you now? I'm surprised your still of clear mind after meeting her" Her eyes were wide with amusement and eagerness of hearing the story.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Storm turned a little angry, remembering how scared he was at the time. He hadn't gotten hit with the gas himself, but all of his friends did. "She shot out this gas that made all of my friends paralyzed and fall asleep. I was so frightened at the time, so scared that they wouldn't wake up... Then she just... Disappeared. She didn't come after me..." He looked down into the flames sadly, remembering the whole adventure with Athena, Atrex, and Ender... And Gray. He had nightmares all of the time of him. He had almost killed Storm. If it wasn't for Athena, he wouldn't be here today. Then he shuddered and recovered himself quickly. He looked up into Dee's eyes.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Deenirea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Dee shook out her neck, it had become stiff throughout the conversation. She was not surprised as storm spoke with anger in his voice, she had gotten used to it by now. She wiped her smile from her maw as he finished. She sure had her fun, but the fact that she 'disappeared' was nothing good. For storm that was. She was eager to know more, any information on deli was like a gift for her yet seeing his pained expression kept herself from doing so. "It sure does sound like she had fun" Mentally she laughed, she knew deli far to well, her and her word games. "Remember though, she is a nightwing and is not someone to just disappear she will come back whether its now or in months." She held her tongue for she had already said too much. She shrugged the topic of the gas away. Dee was always in awe of deli for having such an ability, something so unique as robbing ones senses.  Dee was staring into the flames lost in thoughts or memories. She and her companion were still unaware of the other creature hidden within the tree line watching.
Deenirea
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Storm shook off the topic and looked at Dee's concentrated face. He didn't want to be worried by some psycho NightWing out to get him right now. He sighed and laid down on his stomach, resting his talons and stared into the fire. He sat in silence for a bit, mesmerized by the dancing flames. "I am sorry about your brother dying," he finally said. "My parents died before I even hatched. Taco, my adoptive father, was a friend of my mom, and he took care of me. He never picked on me or was ever mean to me. He was great," his tail swished sadly on the ground at the memory of Taco. "He read me scrolls all of the time and taught me how to read. He was the best father anyone could ask for..." He paused for a moment. "He died about a year ago, just from old age. A small time after that I left them altogether and became a rogue for a few months, wondering where I should take my next step. Then I decided to join the SkyWings. They are small like me and I just feel at home with them," he closed his eyes, tired from his day.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:54 pm

(hey sorry for being late on the other posts)

Last edited by Draken on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:55 pm

When Draken heard what Storm had said about not having to see his parents when he hatched. It reminded him the same, Draken was hatched in the middle of nowhere. But unlike Storm, Draken was never adopted he was left alone for 14 years, all by himself. Draken stated to cry when thinking of his past, and realizing that after 14 years he was still alone. Draken thought to himself I... I can't do this, I want to go home. Draken then got up and started walking slowly away, but since Draken was very clumsy he ended up tripping on a rock. As soon as he hit the floor He screamed out "OUCH!!!". Draken had hurt his head.
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Storm jumped up in alarm and turned towards Draken. Then his eyes went wide with concern. "Are you okay?" he asked, inspecting the wound on his head.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Draken turned and saw Storm. He remembered that Storm was the Dragon who mentioned when he was Hatched with no parents, just like Draken. Draken responded replied still in pain "Yea... Yea I'm fine thanks for asking". Draken then awaited a response.

Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:32 am

Storm looked at him with worry. "Okay. I am Storm. What is your name?" he asked, holding out his talon to help him up.
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top