Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

Azar, Tenebris, Wake

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
BerksDragonsRuins of Wildwood!Gods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayWarriorCats

Being Blind isn't a Curse. ((open to all))

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being Blind isn't a Curse. ((open to all))

Post by Myyra on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Myyra shifted her wings as she walked. Well, shuffled would be a better word. She shuffled through the grass, the blades brushing her wings and sides. She sniffed the ground curiously when the sound of a mouse reached her ears. They were tiny and not even worth a snack, but she felt like chasing something. Her massive ears pricked as she searched for the sound of its feet or heartbeat. With her hearing, she knew she could hear it, but isolating it with all the other noises cramming themselves in her ears made it difficult.
She pushed her nose against the ground, now relying on scent to find it. She snorted when the trail lead to a hole. She couldn't scare it out. She lifted her head again and pricked her ears for any dragons approaching. She needed someone to talk to.

My Bio: http://www.rpgdragons.org/t2418-myyra-sightless-speedster
Other accounts: Shiningwater, Asaya, Vale, MoonShade, Lye, Sterlynn, Radiance
Myyra
SkyWing Tracker
SkyWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being Blind isn't a Curse. ((open to all))

Post by Aoanani on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:33 am

(Okay, my apologies! I'm brand new, so I don't know the ins and outs)

Athena licked the back of her teeth, taken aback at the question. "Myyra, huh? Origonal, I suppose," She thought, tilting her head slightly. She glanced at the male she had just had a dispute with, Haneul, before looking back at this 'Myyra.' "Athena," She replied in an even tone, blinking. She flicked her tail, tilting her head. What was it that made her wonder about this Myyra? She seemed perfect. Manners, a friendly tone, even a face that wasn't bad to look at if she said so herself. Herself? Ha! She was a simple white icewing, with blue feathers, eyes, weapon on the tail, and that was it, except a bad temper. So she couldn't really say much about.. Appearance.

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."
Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:54 pm

((It's fine! I was a lot worse when I first joined. XD))

Myyra smiled again. This other dragon seemed friendly enough. She didn't know what had Haneul so worked up, enough to try protecting her with his wing. "Athena, huh?" She mused curiously. "Fun name." She chirped. Her ear twitched and she winced as a branch cracked and fell loudly to their left-she didn't know what, but it sounded like a squirrel might've jumped non it too hard hen it landed, but she didn't turn her head. She shook her head, the noise-while only startling to most dragons-made her hyper-sensitive ears ring for a moment. She then returned her attention to the other dragon. "So, what're you doing here?" She asked curiously. she assumed lots of dragons cam here, but it was always interesting to hear why.

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

View user profile http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneul on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Haneul finally lowered his wing all the way when Myyra began speaking with the Wyvern. He moved to another branch and allowed the two to talk. But he continued to watch Athena as if he were waiting for prey. She may have calmed but, his first impression of her convinced him that she could be a threat a some point. His feathers were ruffled a little when a gust of wind shook the leaves and he let out a sigh as he went to preen, keeping one eye on Athena at all times.

My alts: Baldirak: Prophet of the Goddess Astral/EarthWing King. Tulvir II: FireWing Guardian. Aerouant: Rogue. Kelarth: God of Fortune.Vann: SeaWing Guardian. Vilkas: EarthWing Demi-God. Atarijor XVI: IceWing Healer.
Haneul
SkyWing Guardian
SkyWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cariharn on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Cari wasn't sure anymore, more and more people were joining the conversation and it was starting to bother her a little. Perhaps she could jump in at anytime. She did.
"Pardon me for intruding on your conservations, but I guess I shouldn't have been spending my time...eavesdropping. Excuse my wonderful manners," she spoke as she emerged from the tree she was hiding in, flying closer to the many dragons.

Cariharn's Bio
Theme:

Alts: Alyas, Tamira, Kenshin
Cariharn
IceWing Scholar
IceWing Scholar

Female Capricorn Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Athena glanced at Haneul moved to a branch, her keen eyes noting the way he kept one eye on her as he sighed and went to preen. He had a right to be cautious of her. She was a deadly dragon when she WANTED to be. She didn't need to defend herself though, so he could relax. She blinked as Myyra said 'fun name.' "Whats so fun about my name?" She wondered to herself. She twitched as she asked what She was doing here. "Well.." She paused. "Just practising my speed and acrobatics. I mean, in case I needed to evade an attack, after all, I can't use magic very well," She blinked as she said this. She felt she had said a little too much. Her and her big mouth. "I'm not entirely like other wyverns," She added, hoping it would ease off any questions, probably wouldn't though.

The feathers on her back raised at a female voice. Like a blur, she whirled around, her teeth bared, a snarl sounding deep from her throat. When she registered the words in her mind, she relaxed, her bright blue feathers resting once again flatly on her back. She observed the new dragoness. She seemed friendly, but she was still tense, wary of this dragoness. "Its alright," I muttered.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 pm

((So many dragons wonder what's wrong with Myyra, but no one ever finds out till she tells them, it seems. XD Very entertaining for me.))

Myyra tipped her head at the other dragoness. She sounded like she was a warrior. "Oh. Do you fight a lot?" Her curiosity was getting the better of her. Again. "I don't fight too much." She smiled wryly. "I'm a tracker. It's difficult for me to fight at close range, too." It didn't occur to her that she was saying too much. She could get away from a fight easily should it come to that. She had yet to find a dragon that was faster than her in the air. "Long-range is hard too." She commented, as an afterthought. "When I use my sonic powers, it makes it hard to know what's around me." She giggled. "I'm not your usual wyvern either."

She tipped her head as another dragon appeared. She smiled to her. "Oh, hai."

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cariharn on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Cariharn nodded her head back in the dragonesses' direction, a small smile graced upon her lips. "Pleasure to meet you all," she replied as she made herself comfortable and resumed listening to the two's chat.

Cariharn's Bio
Theme:

Cariharn
IceWing Scholar
IceWing Scholar

Female Capricorn Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:17 am

((XD switching pov again)

I returned the tip of her head with a small incline of my own. I let a small proud smile sneak it's way onto my face. "Yes, I do. I've been training for years." I listened to her as she said she was a tracker. "Tracker eh?" I wondered to myself. I listened to her tell her weaknesses. "She's not a killer then," I smiled slightly, but it disappeared as soon as it came. I perked up. "Somic? Impressive," I complemented, twitching my tail. I turned my head as the female who had startled me spoke again. I didn't smile back, I just nodded and returned to look at Myyra

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yokubō on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Before long more dragons started to appear. Athena arrived followed by two others. Yokubo was starting to have trouble with names as he straightened himself up to look as handsome as he could. What thrilled him was how many females were just dropping themselves into his lap. Oh, his body just tingled at their presence. Of course the males were just as gorgeous.

Setting a charming smile upon his face, Yokubo dipped his head in silent greetings to the newcomers all the while listening to Myyra and the other dragons. At this point he was trying to figure out what he could do to get everyone's attention onto himself.

Yokubō
LightWing Adviser
LightWing Adviser

Male Posts : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Myyra turned her head back to the other dragoness as she spoke again, then back to the other dragoness. She blinked at Athena's surprise at her powers. She knew other dragons couldn't hear the noise she used to see, but didn't she notice how her mouth was almost always open? She shrugged it off. Maybe she just didn't want to bring attention to it. She nodded. "They're super useful. I don't only use them for fighting, though. Mostly to help me get around." She chirped cheerfully. "What're your powers?' She asked, tipping her head curiously.

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:10 am

I glanced at the male who put on a charming smile and tipped his head to me. I gave a polite nod in return and looked at Myyra. "She must be extremely fast then," I thought, impressed. "Well.." I shifted my wings. "I prefer to use claws and teeth, rather then magic. I use ice shards that shoot out of my mouth, and when I bite, I can send in freezing cold air through my teeth and into the other dragon, it can turn the part of their body to ice," I explained, flicking my bladed tail as I said this. "I also have a different form I can take as a last resort. It's an ice form, where my claws, teeth, pupils, and feathers turn to ice. Very powerful, but has many weaknesses, so I only use it as purely defence," I added.
I looked at the male with the smile again. He was.. Charming I supposed, but heck, I hadn't even heard his voice yet. I shook my head slightly, scolding myself. I never indulged myself in romance. It was too complicated for a battle female like me.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneul on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 am

Haneul was utterly bored and felt very much useless. But he had no choice. Of course, he could always return to his territory, but he wouldn't be allowed to resume his duties til tomorrow. He looked up as yet another dragoness, this one an IceWing, appeared. And that LightWing-- what was his name?-- seemed to want all the females to notice him. The SkyWing sighed and looked around. The only dragon he would speak to was currently engaged in conversation. Not that Han really had anything to say, but he would have liked to have the option. He opened his wings and flew away from the tree. Perhaps he would go hunting.

My alts: Baldirak: Prophet of the Goddess Astral/EarthWing King. Tulvir II: FireWing Guardian. Aerouant: Rogue. Kelarth: God of Fortune.Vann: SeaWing Guardian. Vilkas: EarthWing Demi-God. Atarijor XVI: IceWing Healer.
Haneul
SkyWing Guardian
SkyWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:10 am

I whipped my head around as I heard a sigh. Haneul was flying off. I opened my mouth to ask why, but I decided not to test his patience. I watched him leave, feeling a bit bad for just forgetting about him. "Oh, shut up, he's just some male," A voice in my head snapped. I agreed with it -or tried to- and I bit my lip.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:41 am

(Lol its been a couple days and no reply XD)

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:54 pm

((Sorry, I was wi-fi-less for a few days.))
((I keep trying to drop hints at Myyra's blindness, but then I made her compensate for it so well that they're lost on other dragons. XD It's entertaining.))

Myyra listened aptly to the ffemale as she described her powers. The tracker immediately drew a connection to the Icewing tribe she'd heard about. She opened her mouth to ask about it, before there was a sigh behind her, and a flutter of wings as Hanuel took off. Myyra immediately felt guilty. She knew he disliked talking to anyone but other Skywings, and here she was, ignoring him. She shook her head. He had to want to be alone if he was flying off-probably heading back to his duties as a guardian-she reasoned, then turned her head back to the female she was engaged in conversation with. "Are you related to the Icewings?" She asked curiously. "Your powers sound like theirs."

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Haneul came to a lake and landed on a tree beside it. He looked around and saw a herd of deer in the distance heading toward him. Unfortunately, they were coming from the wrong direction for him to go undetected, as he was upwind from them. Well, he could always eat later. The SkyWing took to the air again and decided to fly over the forest. Maybe he could hunt there.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:16 am

(Oh its okay!)

Athena watched Myyra's reaction to the male taking his leave. She flicked her tail as she asked if she was rekated to the icewings. "Sort of, my great great grandmother was born into it, but she became a rogue. Then she met my grandfather and they had my great grandfather, and so on. My family stayed rogues for a long time. So, I consider myself my own, not related to any off the packs," she explained, shuffling her wings. She then tilted her head. "I've never met another wyvern before. I was the first wyvern in the family." She said. "How fast are you?" She questioned. Then she met her eyes and she realised what was bothering her. Her eyes were too emotionless, too stiff. She was blind. My eyes widened for a moment, wondering wether she was born blind or was blinded. She didn't have any scars over her eyes, so I guessed she was born blind.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 am

Myyra nodded. "That makes sense." She chirped, before tipping her head. "I used to live with a ton of wyverns. My whole family is wyverns." She answered, then grinned widely. "I can break the sound barrier." She said excitedly in response to her question about speed. Then she frowned. "But then it gets really hard to see...." She muttered.

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneul on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 am

Haneul was back in SkyWing territory. But he wasn't patrolling; he still wasn't allowed to. So he was laying on his small island, watching the clouds roll past. The Guardian's little island was nothing special. His den was on the side facing the palace, as close to the edge as possible to reduce the distance he'd have to travel if something ever happened. The ground was covered in lush, green grass and there was a lake fed by a small waterfall. A few flowers and bushes grew around the lake. It was a simple dwelling for a simple Dragon. Haneul rested his head on his paws with a sigh and an irritated flick of his tail. How could anyone enjoy laying around all day with nothing to do? He certainly didn't, not t all. He watched as a group of Hatchlings zipped by, racing each other to wherever.

Haneul
SkyWing Guardian
SkyWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cariharn on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:28 am

Cariharn stifled a yawn as she soon got bored of just staying quiet. With a slow stretch, she silently took off, deciding to look for some grub to pass the time and the day. She wasn't really interested in heading back to the IceWings' territory. As much as she loved and could stand the cold, sometimes, it's a lot more relaxing being away from one's territory.

Cariharn's Bio
Theme:

Cariharn
IceWing Scholar
IceWing Scholar

Female Capricorn Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:11 am

"The sound barrier?" She echoed. "That'd be an interesting race then." She smirked, impressed. "I can imagine it being hard to see," she said, her competitive side taking over. "Mind if I see?" She stretched her wings, standing on her back legs.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:20 pm

((Let's decide now, who wins? Myyra can fly faster than the speed of sound if she wanted to, but then she can barely see.))

Myyra's competitive side began to show as well as she grinned. "You're on!" She opened her massive wings as well, each wing as long as her entire body, and pumped them once, immediately gaining lift. Another few beats later, and she was high above the ground. There, she hovered, waiting for the other wyvern to join her before the race started.
She twisted her head,blasting sound in all directions, far in advance. She wanted to make sure she could see at least a decent distance in each direction at the start of the race so she wasn't completely caught off guard.

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 am

(Athena is fast, as she has shark like scales so she goes faster in the air, and she has agility, I think the odds are mostly even, I don't mind losing though, but I'll leave it up to you Smile )

Athena immediately opened her wings, a competitive smile playing on her maw. She pumped her wings and with a few good flaps she was airborne, ascending to Myyra's height and spinning in middair to face her. "We race over to those nearby mountains, over them, and then we fly through the forest before landing back here, whoever lands here first, wins," she stated, gesturing to the mountans and forest beside them.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:59 pm

((I'll make it close to the end, then she breaks the sound barrier and pulls ahead, just in time. She doesn't like breaking the sound barrier, but her competitive streaks gets the better of her.))

Myyra carefully swept the area with sound, getting her bearings. So she wasn't going to be too close to anything she could hit, then. Good. She nodded, grinning widely. Her ears flicked upwards and forwards, giving her ass wide a view as she could, and immediately began to launch sound into the air, her mouth slightly open. "Ready?" She waited a moment to let the other dragoness shift into racing position as she lowered her neck int a more aerodynamic shape. "Set..." She closed her eyes so the wind wouldn't dry them out and distract her. "GO!" With a final shout she pumped her massive wings, and shot forward, keeping them tight and trimmed to her sides, making her as small as possible, while still flapping them for speed. Her surrounds rushed by her in a whir of noise, the sound of the wind rushing by her making everything slightly fuzzy. A few seconds later, she found a new frequency that shut out the wind, cutting through it, and feeding her a clear view again.

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:24 am

(Fair enough! Also, I can just imagine the iron man 1 movie theme song playing to this XD)
Athena smirked and she sped off, her wings pumping as the blood rushed through them. The wind picked up and it took her a few seconds to catch up. She bolted towards the mountain, her eyes narrowed as she glanced back to her flying opponent. She slowed down, reserving her energies. The mountain grew larger and larger with each passing second, the snow on it's top starting to become textured and rough. She lifted her wings, allowing the air to fly underneath her blue membranes as she closed them halfway. When the stone surface was just metres from her face, she opened them, and with a shriek she skimmed the mountain, parallel to the surface as she pulled ahead of Myyra. The exhilaration, sound of the wind, and the blood rushing to her head was let out in a pwerful roar as she cleared the tip, and she kept climbing a few more feet, a blue and white animal spiralling in the air. She closed her eyes as her ascending spiral slowed, and she let the wind take her down, opening her eyes and throwing her head back, she then pulled her body into a downward arrow shape and she skimmed the mountain as she opened her wings slightly, just enough so that she wouldn't smash into the rocks that she was only a few inches from.

Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top