Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

Baldirak Sapiens Draco, Duchowny, Wake

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
BerksDragonsRuins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayWarriorCats

The Trainin of a New Trainee (Private Lynx)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Trainin of a New Trainee (Private Lynx)

Post by Akull on Tue May 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Akull had just heard that he had gotten a mentor to train him, when he heard that his mentor (he still didnt know the name or gender of his mentor) called him to train. He didnt know what to expect. He had been flying for about a hour and was nearing the clearing of where he was expected. He glided down to the clearing and waited for his mentor. "I wonder what gender mentor is and what mentors name is" Akull whispered to himself. He expanded his wings and stretched them. He set to find sticks and putting them in a pile. Eventually he had made a small snowman out of them. Or stickman.

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trainin of a New Trainee (Private Lynx)

Post by Lynx on Wed May 13, 2015 8:22 am

Lynx was relaxing in a small area of the woods, when she remembered: it was time to start training. What was the trainee's name again? Akull? Yes, Akull. She got up, stretched, then took off, spreading her wings. She landed in the clearing where Akull was. "Ready to start training?"

My Alts: Cursith, Eskan, Taiga, Tallinus, Silven
Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull on Wed May 13, 2015 11:28 am

Akull quickly turns to the mentor and nods. ”I am ready" he said.

^Shines art^

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Wed May 13, 2015 6:10 pm

She nodded. "Alright, first, let's test your speed and agility on the ground and in the air. Trackers must be very fast, otherwise we can't hunt." Lynx scoped the area, looking for a few landmarks. " Run from this tree to that rock. I'll time you." She pointed to a tree and a rock that were about 20 meters apart.

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull on Thu May 14, 2015 11:44 am

Skull shook his head in anger. He was never very fast and not really a fan of it. He got ready to run by doing a few stretches and then took of running. He pushed himself hard. When he got to the rock, he tripped on it. He got up as fast as he can and thought "That costed me at least six seconds, I have to push harder now." Akull took of as harder then he thought he could and ran. Just ran back to his mentor. When he got back to his mentor he stopped out of breath."By the way what's your name?" Akull asked.

^Shines art^

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Thu May 14, 2015 6:20 pm

"Lynx." She replied. "And you time was alright, so you be fine. Now, I want to see you catch at least five animals. Any size, any animal. I'm going to time you again, but this is just so I know if you need lots of training or not. Take your time, though."

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull on Thu May 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Akull nodded and said ”Okay, but my style might be a little different than yours." Akull ran off and went to a secret area in the forest where Akull stored stuff. He took out five traps and ran closer to where Lynx was. He set the traps at least 10 feet apart. Then he went to a area that he could see the traps but no one could see him. He waited for thirty minutes before he heard a SNAP!! He looked at the closest trap and saw a tiny rabbit in it. The trap had closed around the rabbits neck so it died instantly. Akull licked his lips in anticipation. After forty minutes went by he heard a SNAP!! and a SNAP!! He looked at the two that were farthest away and saw that one had caught a turkey and closed around its head, so it was stuck. The other trap held a black shape. It was a big raven. Akull raced over to the two traps and killed both animals in two snaps of his jaws. He took the two animals out of the traps and reset the traps. He went to the other trap and did the same. Akull then went to the hidden place. After two hours Akull heard SNAPSNAPSNAP!! Akull saw that he had trapped three mice. Akull went out of the hidden place and threw sticks at the two unset traps. They set off and snapped the sticks. Akull picked them up and took the three mice and the three traps. Akull flew to the place where he hid his stuff and put the traps there. He then zoomed back to Lynx. He threw all the animals at Lynx. ”Here ya go!" Akull said.

^Shines art^

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 pm

"Hmm.... Three mice, a turkey, a raven, and a rabbit. Not bad. I was thinking more of an elk or deer... but this will do." Lynx said as they landed at her feet, examining them. She sniffed the rabbit. {Strange... metal?} She thought. {What dragon uses metal traps? Well, I guess it is alright with me.}

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull on Mon May 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Akull waited for Lynx to sniff the meat and then said ”These are the smallest I could get, I just used my small traps. I could get much much more. Akull chuckled and smiled at Lynx.

^Shines art^

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm

"Alright then. Let's see how much more you can get." Lynx said, challenging him with a smile. "I want you to bring back a wolf or a bear."

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull on Mon May 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Akull took two steps back and stared at Lynx in surprise. ”I-I-I-I’ve never tried for a wolf or bear before!" Akull then took two steps forward and smiled. ”But I bet I can get both!" he said

^Shines art^

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Mon May 18, 2015 6:45 pm

"Good. Because when I had to become a full Tracker, I had to hunt the rarest creature in the Icewing tundra, the wooly mammoth. I was almost squashed!" She laughed. "Oh, don't worry. It will be easier when you get older."

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull on Tue May 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Akull jumps into the air and glides around until he gets to the hidden place again. He decides to call it the Trap. In the Trap, he picks up a large metal trap, ten feet of rope, and a fire starter. He then glides to a area where there are many predators and lands. He sets up the metal trap and then hangs up a “hanging” area. He then lays down and waits for hours. After the fifth hour goes by, Akull hears a snap and then a yowl, then a SWOOOSH! When Akull looks around he sees a small wolf cub in the air by its neck. Akull whimpers because it was so young and not what Akull had wanted. But he still takes it down and all the traps. Akull then flies around till he sees a cave. This takes about 4 hours and then Akull lands. He sees a slightly moving shape in the cave. It is about half the size of Akull. Akull growls at it, while setting up the traps. Suddenly, the bear comes running out at Akull. Akull barely had times to dodge, then he heard a big whimper. Akull turned and saw that the bear had stepped on the metal traps and then steps in the rope traps. It was dangling in the air not dead, but not able to get out. Akull walks forward towards the bear as it calms down. When Akull gets a few inches from the bear, it swung its hind foot and hit Akull square in the face sending him flying. As Akull lands, he trips on a root and falls on a icicle, cutting his arm. He barely could get up. He couldnt walk because there was a icicle in his leg. But Akull got it out. Akull couldnt walk, still. So he just let out a howl, in hopes that Lynx would hear him, even though she was 3 miles away.

^Shines art^

Akull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Hearing the howl, she leaped into the air, and spreading her large wings. Lynx was a very fast flyer, and covered the distance shorting. Finding the cave that Akull was in, she saw the bear in the trap and Akull with an icicle. "Alright, this will hurt." Lynx said through clenched teeth, gripping the icicle, and pulled it out. She pick up some snow and put it on the wound.

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexilas on Tue May 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Akull watched as Lynx flew up and helped the wound. ”I accidentally got a wolf cub and almost got this bear. How is this?" said Akull. He whimpered as she put the snow on the wound.

FireWing Hatchling
FireWing Hatchling

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm

"We are not suppose to be hunting younglings of any creature, but it is fine, because it was an accident. But next time I would be more careful. As for the almost bear, good job." She dressed his wound with a leaf she found. "There. That should be good enough until you see Solstice."

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexilas on Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 pm

”Solstice?" Akull asked Lynx, as he was confused not knowing who that was. He whimpered as he got up. But he got up. ”Whos that?" he asked.
He flew steadily back to where they began.

FireWing Hatchling
FireWing Hatchling

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Tue May 19, 2015 9:16 pm

"The Icewing healer. She's also the Icewing Demigod." Lynx landed. "Alright. Call it a day?" She asked.

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon on Wed May 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Akull wasn't one to give up. Actually he was. But this time he shook his head. "I wanna try to hunt without using traps, But i am not built for it." he said.

^Credit to Demon Wolf^
Guryon
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Wed May 20, 2015 6:35 pm

"You want to try? I can teach you. All you need to be is not a large dragon and a bit fast and stealthy. And I think you meet the requirements." Lynx said. "See, this is what training and practice is for."

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon on Wed May 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Akull shook his head. "Thats the thing, i need to be faster, faster than i currently am." He howled in anger and tried to get up. But instead he fell over and grunted in pain.

^Credit to Demon Wolf^
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

"Alright, that's what we will train on then. But for today, you will take it easy. NO long running, especially with that leg." She said, more stern, after seeing him howl in pain. "I'll set up an agility course for you."

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon on Wed May 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Akull nodded and set to stretching his pained leg. He wanted it to be as nimble as possible. He stretchered his wings. He then set to jogging around until Lynx came back.

^Credit to Demon Wolf^
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx on Wed May 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Lynx came back with a bunch of large rocks and sticks. "Close your eyes so you can't think of ways to tackle this. Like you're chasing a deer, you might never know what's in front of you." She moved some rockes into place and set down some sticks. Soon she had made a small course.

Lynx
IceWing Queen
IceWing Queen

Female Taurus Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon on Sat May 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Akull did what he was told and closed his eyes. He waited for a few minutes and asked ”Now what?"

^Credit to Demon Wolf^
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top