Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
Ruins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Practice Makes Perfect! (Everyone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Practice Makes Perfect! (Everyone)

Post by Rayla on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm

It was a cold afternoon, then again, every day was cold. Rayla had decided to go for a long walk, and had left Aura at home, sleeping. When she had arrived, she had been greeted with some devastating news. There was a virus, slowly killing off the population of IceWings. Nearly half of them had been killed off so far. Luckily, Rayla had been given a home far away from where - unbeknownst to her - was the source of all of this death. Now, she was wandering about, looking for elk. Why was all the meat in this area so hard to find? She sighed, a bored sigh. She felt defeated. Why did she have to feel like this? Maybe some elk would help calm her nerves, if only she could find some Shardas' forbidden prey in this gods forsaken area! Why was it so cold!

Good thing Rayla was half IceWing, otherwise she would have frozen to death a long time ago. She sighed, and raised her head to get a good whiff of the air. Nothing but frostbite and cold and despair. Growling, Rayla kicked the snow. Why was everyone so depressed? They should be happy they're alive! Growling, Rayla leaped into the snow, digging her nose in, and howling in frustration and annoyance. All this screaming causes a burrowing mink to crawl out of the snow. Rayla soon spots the mink and clamps down on it, biting into its neck, and permanently killing it.

Smiling, Rayla swallowed the weasel like creature whole. Maybe there was an upside to all of this chaotic chaos.

Damian♂ - IceWing Guardian(Age 17.5)
Yalaruh♀ - SkyWing Hatchling(Age 0.6)
Qualzexcta Jaguasa Dermain♂ - SeaWing Guardian(Age 21.5)
Nightflare♀ - NightWing Citizen(Age 31)
Virsha♀ - EbonWing Trainee(Age 10)
Rektani Lozain♀ - EarthWing Instructor(Age 65)
Xia♀ - EarthWing Intertribal Affairs Adviser(Age 28)
Jansi⚥ - FireWing Keeper of Heritage(Age 26)
Uranus♂ - LightClaw Warrior/Slave(Age 16)
Alphonse♂ - Rogue(Age 17)

Rayla

Female Posts : 639

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Practice Makes Perfect! (Everyone)

Post by Lao on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Lao walked across the land like usual, All alone, Like usual, Aaannnnndddd, bored, *sigh* Like usual... Nothing was different this day than the day before, And before, And before. It was almost like life itself had decided to stay in a single state, Not changing at all. But there was one thing different today. Lao's ears perked up as he heard a cry from another dragon in the distance. Shortly followed by a Mink's lasts scream. The more Lao though about it the more he got confused... Was someone in need of help? Are they in trouble? Or is this some new crazy hunting strategy... Lao couldn't tell but he decided it would be the best if he checked it out. He flew over to a dragon in the distance landing right next to it,"Is everything okay?" He promptly replied upon inspecting the scene.

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Male Posts : 56

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:05 pm

Blinking, Rayla heard a voice, and turned around to see another dragon approaching her. Hmm, perhaps she had yelled too loud. But whatever. Frowning, she walked over to the new dragon, and said, "Oh, yea, sorry about that. I guess I'm just frustrated after everything that's happened in my life. Hey, are you hungry?" the newly made IceWing asked the dragon, completely switching the topic as she stared at him, her tail flicking. Maybe she could show him the new trick she had just learned, where, if you made lots of noise, it would summon prey! That could be useful, couldn't it?

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lao on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Lao looked at the other Ice Wing, Listening to what she was saying. "Hmm... Well, I guess I could go for a bite to eat. But more importantly, Why are you so frustrated? And what going on to make you this mad?" He couldn't see to find out what could make her that mad,"Is it the virus causing all your problems?" He replied with a serious look in his eyes making direct eye contact with the other Ice Wing.

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:53 pm

"Yea, I guess that's partially the reason. Another reason might be because my mate left me. Or actually, he tried to kill me, and then he killed himself when he failed. But I won't bore you with my problems," said Rayla, casually flicking her paw in the air, as if this was the kind of thing that happened all the time. Rayla was pretty good at pretending something wasn't bothering her. Besides. This was an old scar. It had happened a year ago. Sure, maybe Rayla should have gone to her father, first, and told him about this, but she couldn't change something that already had happened, no matter how much she wished she could travel through time.

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lao on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Lao grumbled a little upon hearing the News, he knew he should try to keep his distance from boring into a personal issues, But he couldn't help not saying something now. "Well..." Lao said with a long pause,"I don't wanna get into your personal business, But if theres anything I can help you with i'd be glad too." He'd though he had said it what he had too. "Now about that meal..." He replied hungerly.

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Rayla smirked, eager to switch the conversation, and flicked her tail at Lao, walking over to the snow, where she had caught the mink, and pointed with her tail. "See this snow? Well, when I was yelling at the snow - don't ask why - a mink popped out. My theory here is that the minks like to hide in the snow. So, make a lot of noise, and they might come out. Like this!" Rayla roared at the ice, pouncing on it, and suddenly, three minks ran out. Rayla pounced on two, grabbing them by the tails, and quickly killing them. The third one practically ran into Lao's paws, scared to death.

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lao on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:14 pm

Lao listened to Rayla as she told him about what happened when she screamed into the snow. He was a little unsure of what she was doing until 3 minks popped out of the snow. He watched Rayla devour two while one ran into Lao. He picked it up, Seeing it was in immense fear as he looked it in the eye. He felt sympathy for the small creature being so defenseless, So he put it back on the ground and let it cower under the snow. "So, I see your method works, But I have something even better for us" Lao said as he went off, And came back with two limp moose corpses. "Mink just isn't filling for me" He replied upon return, Handing a moose to Rayla.

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Rayla readily ate the mink, watching Lao curiously as he said that he would go get something else. When he came back with the two moose carcasses, her eyes widened, and she chuckled. "Well, you method certainly worked better then mine if you can catch a prize as deliciously filling as that!" she said, walking over to Lao and sitting next to him. She then lowered her head, taking a big bite out of one of the carcasses, and her eyes widen. "Wow! This is delicious! I've never had moose before. I've always had fish and stuff, since I used to live by the sea. The sea was fun, and cold." added Rayla, chuckling.

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lao on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:24 pm

"They make quite a meal don't they?" Lao said after he finished his. "Its really simple to catch them, As long as you try to be as silent as you can, Or have cover, Just sneak up being them and pounce, Its not too hard" he replied not trying to come off arrogant, But more in a informative way. He smirked a little when he heard she lived by the ocean, As he did also. "You know, I actually have a den on my own island off the coast a little ways... In the winter the ice freezes out from the coast past it... Its quite a beautiful sight"

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Rayla chuckled as she bit into her prey, listening casually to what Lao said. He did sound pretty handsome, and he was quite a beautiful dragon in general. Being young, beautiful, and having a child she needed someone to help take care of, she could always flirt with him. But Rayla was oblivious to many things, so she decided not to mention anything. When he mentioned his home, she smirked, "Sounds cool! I used to live by the ocean. And by 'by' the ocean, I mean in the ocean! Yea, that was pretty fun. I have, like, fifteen siblings, and who knows how many more my dad had while I was gone! He sure loves his kids! I guess he got lonely when his first batch left!" Rayla chuckled to herself as she finished eating, sitting up and shaking herself off.

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lao on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 am

"You used to live in the ocean huh? Then you must be part seawing I take it? And isn't it a little cold out here for you?" Lao replied with a small perk in one of his eyes. "Ive always wondered what that would be like... Just being able to live in the water... And 15 siblings? Now... Thats a lot of children... I never had any siblings." He said sort of puzzled of why you'd need 15 children, Because that seemed like too much to Lao.

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 am

Rayla rolled her eyes when he mentioned that 15 was a lot of siblings, "I know, right? Well, dad just got lonely when three of his kids disappeared, so he had more, I guess, when my mom died. Then he found a new mate and had, like, eight more children. Yea, pretty much everyone from my mom left the SeaWings. There was a lot of crazy stuff going on!" she said, not wishing to get into detail what exactly had been happening with her family. "And it's not really that cold. My mother was an Auroran Ice Dragoness, the last of her kind! They are super resistant to cold, even more resistant then regular IceWings!" Ray said proudly.

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lao on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:51 am

"Even more resistant huh? Well, Wouldn't that make them more vulnerable to the heat?"
Lao asked questioningly, He'd wanted to know more about this, Due to him not knowing almost anything about the Aurorans. Older species always interested him, He didn't know why but they struck a interest in his brain.

IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:04 am

Rayla looked at the ice, then back at Lao, then up at the sky, and said absently, "Yea, I suppose. My mom died when I was really young, like, six months or something, so I never really got to know her or the Auroran customs. In fact, almost no dragons on Pyyria know anything about them! Even the NightWings, and they know EVERYTHING!" said Rayla, rolling onto her back, "Even my dad doesn't know much about them, and he's my dad!" she then added, "I do know that they had scales that had these big crystals on them, and that their spikes and stuff were made of ice, and that they could dive into the water, freeze the water around them, and then make ice armor. It was really cool. It was practically like a tribe full of semi gods, as my dad would tell me when he retold what my mom had told him."

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top