Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
Ruins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers Roleplay

IceWings: The Icy and Diligent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IceWings: The Icy and Diligent

Post by Rayla on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Uphold Your Inner Blizzard!

Strong and powerful, the IceWings are famous for their ability to withstand subzero temperatures, cling to slippery, frozen grounds, and breath ice. But this isn't all they are famous for. They have an interesting backstory and history behind them, fused with action and excitement, and while they may seem like just another tribe, they are far from one, and are actually the most diverse of them all.

If you think IceWings are just dragons for girls, who prance around in the snow and sparkle in the sunlight, then you'd be far from wrong. In fact, IceWings are cunning, manipulative, cold, beautiful, and powerful dragons, possessing abilities unlike any other dragon on the map! And you're about to learn why they're the tribe you should go with.

Location and Important Landmarks

The Palace- Near the center of the IceWing territory, but closer to the coast, is a magnificent palace that rests atop a large mountain. Below the palace is a bumbling city, filled with homes and shops for commoners. The palace itself is made almost entirely of Aurozite, marble, and quartz, and shines beautifully in the sunlight. The palace itself has about 750 rooms, with about one hundred bedrooms, and rooms for a variety of different things, including a dancing hall, dining hall, fully functioning spa, kitchen, grand hall, and more!

Frozen Highlands- The mountains of the IceWings are very treacherous, but perhaps none are more dangerous than the Frozen Highlands. This great mountain range is nearly 440,000 square miles, and it spans around the border of the IceWing territroy, which makes entering a real hassle. There aren't as many mountains on the coastal side, but there is no beach. The only entrance to the ocean is through flight, as most of the IceWing territory connected to the ocean are high cliffs.

Snow's Peak- The tallest mountain in all of Pyyria, this magnificent mountain rests inside of the Frozen Highlands. It has a mighty elevation of nearly 34,000 feet. Most dragons would die trying to climb it due to the unimaginable cold, though some IceWings have climbed to the peak and lived to tell the tale.

Valora's Bay- Due to a loss of most ancient scribes, no one is quite sure who Valora is. Some say she was the mate of Ice, others say she was a famous scholar, and some say she was the queen who took control after Ice. Either way, it is believed that she was the one to discover this lake, thus its naming. To the south north, of the IceWing territory, there is a dip, where mountains will begin to disappear, and take you out to a beautiful bay. Mountains surround it on all sides, except for straight ahead, where there is a small opening for the lake water to reach to the ocean, but the opening is only about as big as the average human cruise ship.

Chanra Forest- This is a beautiful forest that rests atop some of the mountains, and has some flat land in it as well. This is where most IceWings do their hunting. Most of the plants and animals found in this forest are hardy and strong, with a resistance to cold, making most of the trees found here pine.

Diet and Medicine

The IceWings eat a variety of foods to help keep their metabolism healthy, varying from protein to carbohydrates. But this stuff isn't always easy to get, being out in the barren tundra, surrounded by treacherous mountains. Plants are even harder to come by, and combined by the fact that they have been experiencing terrible blizzards, food is harder to find then ever! So be on the look out for a few of these!

Green= Common
Blue= Uncommon
Red= Rare

Animals:

• Elk
  • Deer
  • Caribou

• Bison
  • Moose

• Wooly Mammoth
  • Saber Cat
  • Eagle and other large birds

Plants(Including herbs):

• Winterberry
  • Holly
  • Dogwood Trees

• Moss
  • Daisies
  • Dandelions

• Potato
  • Bear Grass
  • Blackberry
  • Fennel
  • Juniper Berries

• Lamb's Ear
  • Carrots

Motto

"Embrace Your Inner Blizzard." This motto was discovered for IceWings when the new queen, Frostflare, was elected. It means to stay strong and keep your head up, and let no one tell you what to do, like the wild winds of a raging blizzard. It is also a hint to the fact that IceWings can withstand lower temperatures then normal dragons, and may even slightly hint to the giant Blizzard Path you must cross in order to become a fully fledged IceWing when joining the tribe for the first time

Aurozite

A long time ago, the first queen of IceWings, along with several other IceWings, traveled to the Icy Mountains and went to the abandoned mine. They discovered what looked like a cave-in, and simply blew it up. What they found inside shocked them. For underneath the ruble were creatures that they had known as humans. Dangerous in numbers, weak when alone. But all these humans were dead. Odder yet, the humans were clutching strange deposits of mineral.

When the dragons investigated the mineral, they discovered that this strange crystal was actually a gem version of ice, like diamond. When it was touched it, it fed the IceWings some sort of strange power. But they couldn't carry it. So instead, they labeled the abandoned mine as a relaxation spot to regain energy, and has been so ever since the first queen. This precious gem, labeled Aurozite, is so cold that it would kill anything besides an IceWing if touched.

Anatomy and Powers

IceWings are a powerful, cold, rough-scaled race that has a unique anatomy. Have you ever wondered what allowed the IceWings to survive in the cold? Or how their wings can allow them to fly in freezing blizzards? Or maybe how they shoot ice in the first place? Well, down below will explain a few things to you about how they can do all the unique things IceWings can do.

First of all, for average IceWings, the way they keep warm is because they have small amounts of fur lined all throughout their body, intertwined with their scales. This may seem odd, but the fur isn't really fur. It is made up of another substance that is very similar to fur.

As for how they survive flying through tough temperatures, their scales have an icy toughness to them, and usually have many spikes, making it hard for the winds to measure them. Their wings also have a special coating around them, that if you tapped it would remind you of rock. Because of this, IceWings can fly through tough temperatures, but can't fly as long as normal dragons, only surpassing SeaWings in fly length.

How can a creature like an IceWing fly if they are so spikey and hard, well the answer Is simply. Their bones are light, like a bird's, yet hold a tough texture to them. They can also build up oxygen in their lungs if they fly using a running start, which helps them stay in the sky longer.

As for powers, the IceWings are famous for their ability to shoot ice, fog, snow, and a variety of other frozen weapons. The way this ice is shot may vary from different dragon. Some ice dragons may shoot this weapon by breathing snow, that freezes into ice when it makes contact. Or the dragon could should icy arrows from their mouths. Then there are the select few that can breath a blue fire, that is so cold its hot, that will leave a big trail of ice in its wake.

But these aren't the only abilities IceWings have. IceWings have elegant, beautiful bodies, and are often considered one of the most magnificent dragons, since their scales reflect in the sunlight, and their bodies shine beautifully. IceWings can also create giant snowstorms, and, like mentioned before, can create fog. They also have awesome eyesight, but unlike SeaWings, who use their eyesight underwater, they use their eyesight in blizzards.

Alliances and Enemies

SkyWings- Neutral
LightWings- Neutral
FireWings- Neutral
SeaWings- Neutral
EarthWings- Neutral
NightWings- Neutral
EbonWings- Neutral

Ceremonies and Trials

Attention!: I see no reason to have ranks for Scholars or Citizens. Those two ranks aren't really military based, so I wouldn't see a need for a trial Razz I have also removed the joining ceremony, as it is practically never used, and I don't really see a use for it anyway XD I am also removing the trial for leader and lieutenant, as those are either chosen by the leader or the gods. What the H

• Guardian's Vigil- In order for an IceWing trainee to become a guardian, they have to go through a series of complicated trials. Firstly, they must show their strength in battle by successfully winning a fight against the chosen dragon of the leader's choice. Then, they will have to sit a long vigil atop a mountain, to test their indurrance to the cold storms. They will have to report every detail of what had happened atop their perch, and if they do all this successfully, they will become a guardian

• Run of the Tracker- Trackers are the fastest part of the tribe, so what better way than to start the trial off with a quick run. The tracker will be tasked with running to a checkpoint, picking up a letter, and bringing it back to the tribe. They must next hunt and bring home one of the rarest species of animal as tribute to the queen and her family: A wooly mammoth. If successful with this task, they will become a tracker.

• Healer's Virtue- To become a healer, here is what you must do. Firstly, you must successfully name all of the herbs within the IceWing infirmary, and explain all of their uses. Next, your current mentor will tell you to go fetch a certain herb. Once you retrieve this, you will be tasked with healing a minimal injury. The healer who is mentoring them will then hold a big ceremony, where the healer will officially proclaim them a Healer.

• Trainees of New- To become a trainee, hatchlings must do something of a little bit of a combination between a test and a game. All they really have to do is befriend at least one mature dragon within the tribe, and catch at least one piece of prey, which is really just a fun game for a hatchling.

Semi God and Leader

Artemise: This dragoness's history is unknown. However, she is very loyal to the IceWings.

Virgo: Daughter of Wolf Wolf and the late Ares Equinox Wolf, Virgo is a lovable sweet, funny, enjoyable dragoness. She was born to a litter of about seven, and then another litter was given birth to another two years later. She formed a special relationship with her mother, due to her father's disappearance, and presumed death, and due to her father never being able to convince her mother to leave the IceWings, all of them stayed with the IceWings. Another couple dragons Virgo shared a special relationship with were Leo and Gemini, her closest siblings.

Due to her ambition to become a tracker, she graduated early, becoming a skilled tracker at the mere age of 13. It wasn't soon after this, when Virgo was about 14, that she was announced queen. Apparently, Apolis had stepped down, and announced her as queen. This came as a shock to many people, but she was bound and determined to be a proud and noble queen.

Last edited by Rayla on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:53 am; edited 7 times in total

Damian♂ - IceWing Guardian(Age 17.5)
Yalaruh♀ - SkyWing Hatchling(Age 0.6)
Qualzexcta Jaguasa Dermain♂ - SeaWing Guardian(Age 21.5)
Nightflare♀ - NightWing Citizen(Age 31)
Virsha♀ - EbonWing Trainee(Age 10)
Rektani Lozain♀ - EarthWing Instructor(Age 65)
Xia♀ - EarthWing Intertribal Affairs Adviser(Age 28)
Jansi⚥ - FireWing Keeper of Heritage(Age 26)
Uranus♂ - LightClaw Warrior/Slave(Age 16)
Alphonse♂ - Rogue(Age 17)

Rayla

Female Posts : 639

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IceWings: The Icy and Diligent

Post by Frostflare on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:03 am

Nice! Looks good and really nice! I am sure that you put lots of time into this.

Now how do you feel?I bet it is like this. Wimper 
But that's ok.(Not really Sweat )
So , who wants to party? Mwhahaha 
I'm sure that it will bring you to your grave. Shocked
__________________________________________________________________________________
Frostflare's Theme song
Theme Song:

You really want to see the demon inside?
Frostflare: Demon Mode:

Watch out for my other accounts
Shadow Lugia, Soul, Nova, Sekianoowari , Dovewing, Chibi, Keroro, and Neos
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aari on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:27 am

If we didn't allow you to make your Auoran Ice Dragons earlier what makes you think we'll let you sneak it into the IceWing lore. Also why does the trainee look like me? O.O
Aari
SeaWing Trainee
SeaWing Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:33 am

Aari wrote:If we didn't allow you to make your Auoran Ice Dragons earlier what makes you think we'll let you sneak it into the IceWing lore. Also why does the trainee look like me? O.O
Ummm, I didn't know about the first sentence, for the second one, I don't know....

__________________________________________________________________________________
Frostflare's Theme song
Theme Song:

Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:45 pm

I have successfully updated What the H YOU MAY NOW ALL EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS!

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:23 pm

I look back at Frostflare's backstory and think, "Frostflare is very mentally unstable for having such a high rank..."
Also, random question
Ok, you have Solstice marked down as Healer, Leader, and SEmi god. Whoa whoa whoa! I hope this is a typo, cause I remember that I LOST my god stats because appearently leaders were hoggin up all of the high ranks. If Solstice is Goddess, healer, and Leader, this would be going against the rules. I hope you read this and consider it on it.
~Your Favortie Flare

Frostflare's Theme song
Theme Song:

Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:38 am

This has been updated and is ready to be added to the New Member's Guide as IceWing presentation. :3

Rayla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top