Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D
BerksDragonsRuins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayWarriorCats

Plot Contest! PRIZES!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plot Contest! PRIZES!!!

Post by Celestia on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

So after the fail advertising contest and recent down spell of activity I got to thinking on how to increase activity, plot quality, and user base. So I introduce to you contest thingy 2.0 This one is a bit more complicated than the last one but should be much funner and give peeps some more flexibility.

For every 100 words a person posts in a topic they will receive 1 point. After your topic if finished or abandoned for a week or more come here to officially redeem your points.

Now there are a couple things you can do to increase the rate at which you gain these points. The first of which is to create a plot in the plotting area and eventually rp it out. The creator of a successful plots as in plots that don't die right away, are well organized, and peeps enjoy will receive an extra point every 100 words doubling the rate at which you earn points. If you create two successful plots (decided by yours truly) you will of course get 2 extra points and so on.

The other way you can increase the rate at which you gain points is through advertising. For every 10 points of advertising you will receive an extra point for every 100 words you post in rp. See the advertising contest for rules on advertising http://www.rpgdragons.org/t1661-advertising-contest-prizes unfortinatly we will no longer be accepting affiliate advertising unless the place you propose to affiliate with is awesome and has tons of peeps.

Now for the thing you want to hear about the most the prizes.

If we get a collective total of 1,000 points then the first place winner will be allowed to create their own mini tribe.

1st place prize: your very own symbol like my moon or Phantoms swords. Min points: 200 (each person that reaches this amount of points earns this)
2nd place prize: your very own glow. Min points: 150 (each person that reaches this amount of points earns this)
3rd place prize: a site wide plot created by me(or any other volunteers) centered around your character. Min points: 100

Each person that reaches 100 points will be allowed one demi god character. Read the advertising contest topic for more details on this.

Now personally I could very easily write 2k words in a single post. Presuming I made a successful topic and had 10 points in advertising I would get 60 points. One more post like that and I would have the min amount required for third place. 17 more posts like that and I could on my own reach the 1,000 create your own mini tribe and I could totally do it to if I was motivated. I've done stuff like that in the past without any prizes as an incentive. I actually have some of it posted on here somewhere in the general board.

Those who participated in the last contest will have their points carried over to count towards this one.

Atlantis x3
Well Atlantis is the only one to have reached over 10 points.

This contest will last for 3 months at the end of which winners will be announced and prizes handed out.

Good luck and happy rping.

Last edited by Celestia on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plot Contest! PRIZES!!!

Post by Zoeya on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Wait to alts count up to one account? If so, if Sol is participating, good look Cel. Also here are my alts:
ElextroPhoenix
Xephyr
NightStrike
Zoeya

Aries Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:01 pm

So, I did a short story of sorts... would that count?
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Just a bump on some of the questions : do alts count ? I have that thread with Tenebris which made quite a few words. And when does this end ? I have a few threads and a few plans for plots, so they won't be considered as finished before a while ^^

LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoeya on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Three months, Cele said.

Aries Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly Lotus on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:16 pm

http://www.rpgdragons.org/t2315-your-worst-nightmare-open-to-anyone-who-wants-to-be-kidnapped#32028
My 1st post had 201 words! Very Happy I know the topic isnt dead, but thats good right? I'm Blaze's alt. Smile
Lilly Lotus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Shade on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:53 am

Here's a finished topic! It has myself and Sylus in here, both of us posted a few replies with over 100 words

http://www.rpgdragons.org/t2329-the-apothecaries-apprentice-open-to-all
Night Shade

Female Posts : 138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic on Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Just a question, but when will this be over?
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoeya on Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 pm

Wait.... Cele isn't -fully- here yet. And Cossy too. So is like Atlas running this or?

It lasts three months all together Areo I think.

Aries Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:31 pm

bump this has ended post your topics

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top