Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» Destella: The Feathered Serpent
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Yesterday at 8:59 am

» Searching (Open to Dragons/Lessers)
by Wake Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 am

» SkyWing and LightWing Ranks
by Attor Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:57 am

» Aevon of Earth and Steel
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm

» Trading Post (open)
by Richard Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm

» mate or family
by malaki Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 pm

» Sherlock
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am

» Uhhh Hello
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 am

» Audience with the God of Fortune (Wake)
by Kelarth Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:11 pm

» Story Submission: A Dragon in the Southern Skies (Multiverse Contest.)
by Wake Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 am

» A Dragon in the Southern Skies (Multiverse Contest)
by Wake Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:11 am

» In Hunt of Survivors (Twilight Imperium, Open to all)
by Epiphany Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:26 pm

» Creating more than one character
by Epiphany Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:24 am

» Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)
by Súl Iolar Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 am

» A Fortunate Paradox of Time [Private Full Gods]
by Kelarth Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 pm

» Editing Character
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:18 pm

» Edge of Success (Aftermath continued)
by Attor Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:39 pm

» Epiphany, The Proud LightWing
by Epiphany Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 pm

» Strawhats: One Piece RP
by Temp Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:33 pm

» Epiphany's Characters
by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:58 pm

» NARUTO FORUM RP
by NFRP Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:14 pm

» Fourth Character of Nevermore, Morgos Jaakune
by Nevermore Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm

» Taru Hurribane, The Golden Wind
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:52 am

» Rotten Forest (Open to all)
by Monster Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:37 am

» Aftermath (Starlights only)
by Attor Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:09 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Greetings one and all!

Go down

Greetings one and all!

Post by Volmaht on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Hello everyone!

Where to begin? and forgive the somewhat long post. And worry not let me preface this by saying I have made myself familiar with the rules.

So now. Why am I here? I think we all know why~ DRAGONS! Yes those big scary fire breathing mythological creatures we all know and love. I've always been fascinated by them, how could you not be? And seeing them in various media over the years has only fueled my like of them, as I imagine is the case for many of you. From everyone's favorite Smaug the Unassessably Wealthy to more recent Dragons such as a Toothless. It's hard not to like them, albeit for different reasons! Also as my account name suggests my Favourite dragons tend to be the less than friendly kind. Smaug, Bolas, Deathwing and so forth.

I've done a lot of RP over the years from text based forums such as this both as a member and admin, to more traditional RPG's such as D&D. Naturally I favor the Dungeon Master role as Intrigue is incredibly fun from that perspective. And of course, I get to control the titular Dragons! As nothing is more satisfying than slaying those pesky Adventurers. For who could deny such a tasty snack that so readily wanders into ones lair?

Coincidentally it was D&D that convinced me to try something like this again. And even more so to choose a Dragon based RP. I was designing the BBEG for my newest campaign yesterday while reading through the Draconomicon. And the various descriptions of the different Dragon types and their personalities and alignments caught my interest. The interactions between them seemed incredibly fascinating, to which I thought. "You know an RP based around this kind of stuff would actually be quite fun, Different factions of Dragons all interacting in their own ways, I don't really get to explore this as DM". And after a quick Google this evening here I am, ready and willing!

Now I imagine not everyone likes to RP the same way, and that's quite all right. As well the opposite would not be much fun now would it? Variety is the greatest spice of all. So I've spent some time deciding what kind of character I would like to run. Many of you seem to run fairly relatively friendly Dragons, from an alignment perspective. And I think I have a fairly good idea of what kind of character to run as a result. There do seem to be some Niches I could fill. And well, playing Not so nice characters is somewhat my Forté. (The existence of the "plotting" sub-forum made my mental gears grind away with glee).

I'll probably spend some time crafting my character. Though I more or less know what I would like to run. But I may PM mods or admins in advance to get a feel for things (and continue reading over everyone's character sheets). It's probably not necessary but there are some relevant tidbits of information I would like to know. Heck I may as well ask that here, so that others can benefit from this information. If this information is readily available then I must have missed it, if so forgive me. But it can't hurt to ask!

=================================================================================

1. I assume other species exist in this world? Such as humans and other creatures both mundane and mythological? Say a tribe of Gnolls or some other lesser beings. Just with Dragons in charge.

2. Do all dragons have a breath weapon? It seems like some use up their special ability field to craft this. So I assume some dragons just don't have one? A dragon that cannot breath? Very odd indeed.

3. I also assume "God" characters or descendants of those are likely roles that have to be earned. Not readily available to newer members I should imagine? I merely wish to know what my limits are, as the text stated "limited" which is a bit ambiguous. I also assume if one wanted to form a connection to such a being (such as being descended from etc) it would obviously need to be requested in advance. Which is fair play.

4. Regarding the map, can a rogue for example say claim an area that is not within the territories of the major tribes? Say a small series of islets off shore. (In fact where do rogues live? Wouldn't they always be harassed by the tribes since they seem to control everything except Drakis Sanctuary?)

5. Regarding the history of this world. I did read the part about the Gods of creation and such. But how long ago was this? Was the world always in this state? Could there have been era's of discord and chaos? Say a time when the tribes had not quite coalesced into what they are today?

6. Character Death. How open is this? Not that I'm about to go around trying to kill other PC's. That would not be tasteful. I mean more can a God just turn up and decide my character is dead for example?

================================================================================

Sorry for all the questions Haha. I probably have more up my sleeve but for now this will do. I look forward to RP'ing with you all and hope that I may find my place within this community.
Volmaht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings one and all!

Post by Damian on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Ooo. I like you Cheeky Hi, Boras! Welcome to the site! I will try to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability.

1: Yes, other creatures exist, such as humans and griffins and so on and so forth. HOWEVER you cannot play as a human/phoenix/etc., because, after all, this is a Dragon roleplaying forum XD

2: You don't HAVE to breath and element. But at the very least you can just do a generic fire breathing. We are open to all different types of dragons, since we have a few who are from different places other then Pyyria, and even different dimensions! So no, you don't NEED a breath attack, but it would be a good idea to at least breath the generic fire.

3: Aye. There are gods. Full Gods, Semi Gods, and Demi Gods. Full Gods are not visible to the naked eye, and control the wake of the world with immense power. They cannot interfere with tribe problems, and don't really reveal themselves to anyone unless they either know each other, or are threatening their family.

Honestly, you'll have to ask someone else about this, because I am a bit dodgy on the subject.

4: Yes. Everywhere there is a tribe there is an area on the border where rogues live. Arkhor, the creator of the map, just didn't add this in. Rogues live in the free spaces in between the tribes. They also live in Burn Lake, a lake that is open to all dragons, rogues included. Here's the link down below:

http://www.rpgdragons.org/t1147-lake-burn?highlight=Lake+Burn

5: I am a bit ignorant on this subject, even though I helped design it. You'll have to ask someone else, such as an admin o^o

6: Yes, you can. There is an area known as the Afterlife where dragons who have been killed can roleplay. And according to Astral, yes, gods can jump in and kill you if they want. According to Astral, one of the main admins, she said that gods CAN interfere with regular life, and walk amongst dragons and let them worship them. I totally disagree with this topic. This allows gods too much power. Sure, it'd be alright if they couldn't interfere, but they can. I won't bother you with my opinions on this, I just want to let you know the gods CAN kill you. So be weary. However, they more then likely won't, UNLESS you mess with Astral and Nimbus' kids, a totally different matter I won't bother you with.

I hope this answers your questions. Oh, and here's the honorary baygel of approval from Rayla! Cheeky *hands you a baygel*

Virgo♀ - IceWing Queen(Age 14)
Yalaruh♀ - SkyWing Hatchling(Age 0.6)
Qualzexcta Jaguasa Dermain♂ - SeaWing Guardian(Age 21.5)
Nightflare♀ - NightWing Citizen
Virsha♀ - EbonWing Trainee(Age 10)
Rektani Lozain♀ - EarthWing Instructor(Age 65)
Xia♀ - EarthWing Intertribal Affairs Adviser(Age 28)
Jansi⚥ - FireWing Keeper of Heritage(Age 26)
Uranus♂ - LightClaw Warrior/Slave(Age 16)
Alphonse♂ - Rogue(Age 17)
Damian
IceWing Trainee
IceWing Trainee

Male Posts : 88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Volmaht on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome! and of course answering some of my queries.

Hehe I more than guessed playing as a Dragon was mandatory. It'd be a bit silly to be here otherwise!

Ah It's interesting to see that breath isn't mandatory. Just from my background it's always been one of those things that all Dragons just seem to have, be it the classic fire or all sorts of interesting varieties. It's part of what makes a Dragon a Dragon after all in my opinion. But to each their own.

And I think I get the gist of how the borders work now. So even though the coloured area's seem to meet and touch there's probably some vague "no man's land" between the two areas correct? While technically it belongs to one or the other tribe it's probably just a bit on the uninhabited side and not really under constant control/surveillance etc?

I'm not sure what to think of the Gods being able to do as they please. I mean understandably they are God's. I've punished many a Player character for challenging Gods that they should not have angered in my D&D campaigns. That's understandable of course. Perhaps I should have phrased it better. If a player who has a God character, Simply for no reason at all just wants my character dead. Are they free to do so? I meant this more in the sense of "God modding" or free to do as they like from an OOC perspective. I mean if a character had been terrorizing and harassing a particular God for ages and slaying that God's children. Then yes I should think them stepping in and smiting that character is very much in Character.

Finally it seems everyone's Account is named after the character they play. Is this a necessity? e.g. a new account for each character that you play? Or is it personal choice? It just seems like a bit of a hassle having to manage and log out and switch accounts just to use a different Character.

For example I named my account Nicol Bolas just because I happened to have my EDH deck sat on my desk with old Nicky on top. Plus I enjoy his character. Where my first character that I'm working on right now would be named Volmaht Ravostrax. So would a name change be needed? Just wondering since I didn't spot anything in the rules about this.

But yes! Thanks for the welcome! And I will take my time enjoying this Bagel~ *Leisurely sits back and Nibbles at the bagel. As good things are to be enjoyed slowly*
Volmaht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi there Boras! I'm Cosmos, a moderator here at DRF! But I'm better known as Cossy and Cos. First and foremost, thank you for choosing Dragons Roleplaying Forum to roleplay on! I think you'll find our community one you'd enjoy being around. And personally, I welcome you as well! It's always nice to have a sight for sore eyes, and in this case, roleplaying sites, yes? Wink

As for your questions, I will do my best to answer them.:

1. Yes, other species do exist in this world. However, you cannot roleplay as humans and other creatures unless otherwise.

2. Not all dragons have a breath-weapon. It's mostly up to the user whether their character has a breath-weapon or not. But we highly encourage for your characters to have an original, uniqueness to them. But, so and so, if your character does indeed have a breath, there are some circumstances. For example, if you are an icewing, you can have an icy breath and not a fiery one (Unless you're a hybrid. There are a lot of scenarios where multiple breaths come into place.). You get me?

3. Being a god is indeed earned and in order to have a connection with them you must ask. I mean, not everyone wants to walk up to someone and say, "Hey! Did you know my character is the cousin of the god of death, Nimbus? Like, we got separated at birth and blah blah this and blah blah that.".

4. ^.^ Yes. What the tribes don't own is what rouges call home. (It rhymes too.) Now.. with territorial matters.. that's a situation not concerning us. If you and another rouge are fighting over a waterfall, humph, that's your problem. Don't complain about it to the staff. In fact, don't go complaining to the staff about what happened in character unless otherwise. Just a heads up.

5. Ehhh.. I'm not really informed of our history. I'm sure there were chaotic conflicts at some point, but I'm not certain. I'd ask an admin.

6. Very open. Yes, gods could roll in and kill you (Which I hope they have permission from you.) at anytime. But this can lead to complicated situations and arguments. Now, I highly suggest you have the victim's consent before going off on a splatter-spree. But if it ever comes to that time, you may ask staff about such scenarios. ^^

I hope me and Rayla gave you some accurate answers to your very good questions! If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

~Hands you a invitation to the Earthwings~ And if you ever need a tribe, call me. ;D

[i]"Life is a gift, cherish what you've been given." [/i]
Cosmos:
Cosmos was the cutest baby..

PLEASE CLICK THE EGGS!

Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Eh.... to the godmodding thing, no. Unless you were being an absolute d**k out of character, THEN maybe a god would feel tempted to kill you IC, if you weren't banned first.

Other then that, no. A dragon cannot automatically kill you without your permission.

As for the part about the account, I want to say no, but I'd be lying. Yes, having one account would make things easier, but the way Phantom has everything set up, you get a rank and stuff labeled on your account. So yes, you need a new account for every new character you make.

And for the territory, the answer is yes. Razz

Also, it is pronounced BAYGEL in the world of DRF. Cheeky And I invite you to the NightWings, because they are the most badash dragons here

Virgo♀ - IceWing Queen(Age 14)
Yalaruh♀ - SkyWing Hatchling(Age 0.6)
Qualzexcta Jaguasa Dermain♂ - SeaWing Guardian(Age 21.5)
Nightflare♀ - NightWing Citizen
Virsha♀ - EbonWing Trainee(Age 10)
Rektani Lozain♀ - EarthWing Instructor(Age 65)
Xia♀ - EarthWing Intertribal Affairs Adviser(Age 28)
Jansi⚥ - FireWing Keeper of Heritage(Age 26)
Uranus♂ - LightClaw Warrior/Slave(Age 16)
Alphonse♂ - Rogue(Age 17)
Damian
IceWing Trainee
IceWing Trainee

Male Posts : 88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Alright, a new player! And one who actually asks questions! Woot! This makes me happy. :3
So, I'm Shiningwater. Seawing Queen and Healer, one of the mods, self-proclaimed one of the longest-active members, and cake demolition expert.
Alright, most of your questions are already answered (I'll go over my version just for kicks XD ) but there's one in particular other people have seemed to have missed.
If you create an alt, it should be on a separate account. You can post on different accounts for that character, but you should at least have a new account so your dragon can be placed into a tribe and we can keep track of everyone. So you can keep track of your alts as well (XD) most people put a list in their signature.
An exception is a side-character. One that is not often used, one that will only appear in a few RP's, and is not a huge character you are going to RP with constantly. Shine's sister-Dusk-doesn't have her own account. This is because she's been in a grand total of five RP's in my-pretty close to-a year on here.
OK, that's out of the way.

1. Humans are here, we've got a topic open with them at the moment-as are a few other creatures. Two of my dragons have pets that are mythical and I made up. Plenty of others are here as well. But-as stated-you cannot RP as them, because this is a DRAGONS roleplaying forum. Razz

2. Not all. Most of mine don't. XD But-as Cossy said-they should have something unique. Shine doesn't have a breath, but she can heal any wound with a certain power. Moon-one of my alts-doesn't have a breath but can control shadows. Breaths are not required, but-if you have one-it should tie into your tribe unless you can give a reason not to. (heritage, genetics, etc.)

3. Most gods are Admins, which is where the gods originally came from. It used to only be admins, but it extended. There's a few others who aren't. People who have semi-or demi-god characters have earned it by participating and being active, and have been on the site for a fair amount of time.

4. They can claim it, but it won't be enforced by mods or other tribes (unless said territory is within a tribe's borders, which would be an incredibly stupid rogue). This is because there aren't many rogues, and they tend to stay out of most RPs, so their territory isn't enforced.

5. I really don't know. This is a pretty recent addition to have exact dates and stories. My knowledge is "Shardas created the world a long time ago." and that's pretty much all I've ever needed, though I did read the topic when it was created. XD

6. NPC's are open. You can kill a dragon who's just there and generic. PC's are another story entirely. You need to have permission from the owner of the character. This is the big rule. As for Gods, they could kill you if they wanted (Phantom eats people in the Chatbox. o.0 You have been warned) but nothing in RP's, and if a player was banned or killed for some stupid reason, that Admin would likely no longer be an admin. So you don't have much to worry about from them.
Godmodding is a sure-fire way to get you banned, or at least warned, depending o the severity.
Now, the scenario you gave: If you were slaying a God's children, you must've been aware of the consequences, and that character will likely end up dead. Hopefully with permission. But we go back to the permission thing, all the God's children and possibly the God itself must've been in the loop on this, and you would likely know what's coming. The chances of being slayed for no reason is less than zero on this site, and the chances of being killed without perimission but with good reason is probably less than one. There haven't been many deaths-as people tend to get attached to characters-so I wouldn't expect this to happen, and don't expect many people to say "oh sure, you can kill the leader of the Seawings, who they rely on and is also their healer. :3" (Me). It's worth trying, but I wouldn't expect many people to say it's cool. Sweat Sorry.

But, enough of that ridiculously long post, I hope you're hear to have fun, and I look forward to RPing with you soon! Very Happy

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

View user profile http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh boy where to begin. Haven't had to do this much reading in an intro topic in well forever.

First I'd like to welcome you to the site. If you are looking for dragon rp you came to the right place. My names Astral goddess of the Moon and Stars as well as admin of the site. Its not very often we get a new member as experienced as you so can't wait to see what you do.

It seems most of you questions have been answered except for the godmodding one which seems to be rather controversial so let me put the hammer down on the subject.

Godmodding is not allowed. You can't show up and kill someone out of the blue without their permission. In fact I would prefer any fights that break out IC are also planned ahead. This applies to both gods and regular dragons alike. Say you have mind control powers its up to the person you use it on if they actually do anything you want them to.

This godmodding rule sometimes conflicts with another rule we have though which is don't break the lore. If your stupid enough to kill a gods hatchling then that god is likely going to come and kill you and naturally your not going to stand a chance against them. Those who break this lore and chose they can't be killed by the god are shunned by the community and many won't rp with you making your time here very unpleasant. If you remain stubborn and continue to break the lore than staff are going to have to eventually intervene.

Something I'm always trying to stress is this is not a competitive rp site its not built for it. This site is built for story making.

Ares in the future please don't take lore you've invented and claim it or make it seem to be site lore and second please leave any quarrels you have outside of topics like these.

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Volmaht on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Alright more replies! Thanks for the welcomes and info!

Specifically I'll quickly clarify something just to make sure people aren't getting the wrong idea here. I have no intention of God modding or pointlessly going around attempting to kill people's characters or something equally stupid like that. I was merely inquiring about "God" characters since at first glance it seemed a little much. But it's fine now. And the way death is handled is pretty much as I expected. I just wanted clarification.

I like that everything's planned in advance between character conflicts so that's good. I'd probably not enjoy having a mind controlling dragon just have his/her way with me at a whim. And I understand we are not here to be competitive. As a long time DM what I care about is interesting stories. And it's good to see that's the goal here too.

A final couple of questions would be. Could I say start out on a bunch of islands offshore somewhere? The general premise I was going for was a Dragon that has been lying dormant in her lair for centuries and awakens once more. (This would necessitate an already existing lair with contents (and what those contents are allowed to be). Which I'm unsure about). And finds herself in a radically changed world. (We can assume she was born and lived previously in quite a chaotic time, hence my question if such a time existed). And now seeks to find her place in the world. (So would start off tribe-less, as she would not be a pure breed and is thus trying to find camaraderie, As RP'ing this process itself could be fun. Rather than just sorta popping into existence within a Tribe).

Since that just about covers everything I need to get started.

Should I just make a new account with the correct Character name or could someone rename my account for me? (since there does not seem to be an option for doing so).

The character name would be: Volmaht Ravostrax

So probably just Volmaht
Volmaht

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Yes to all questions you just asked and there you go new name.

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum