Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Dragon10

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» Finally Meeting (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:22 am

» Passing the Torch... One Day.. For Now, We Train (Cygnus)
by Cygnus Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:11 am

» Colonies of Avan ( W.I.P ) ( Phase 1 )
by Tharasis Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:51 am

» History Repeating (Baldi)
by Soshi Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:21 pm

» Cygnus
by Baldirak Che'le Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 am

» Elara
by Wake Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:28 pm

» What is an "Ebonwing"?
by Baldirak Che'le Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

» Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)
by Svadilfare Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 pm

» On The Moon (Baldi)
by Baldirak Che'le Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:55 am

» Festival of ascendants (Open to All)
by Noctis Umbra Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:39 am

» OATHIA AFFILIATE REQUEST
by Grimone Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:37 am

» The Mentor Program
by Baldirak Che'le Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:21 pm

» Dragon Naming Game
by Crag Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:10 pm

» Greatest Naruto RP (Celestia lolol ahem ahem)
by Robo Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm

» Soshi: Goddess of the Elements
by Astral Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm

» Ragnarock (Finished)
by Baldirak Che'le Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:25 pm

» Draciel (Ready For Review!)
by Baldirak Che'le Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:20 pm

» You know, a mate could do her well
by Draciel Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 am

» Left to the Forest (Starlight order)
by Attor Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:41 am

» Zio, a Lightwing trainee
by Zio Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 am

» Introducing: RISK, DRF Edition!
by Baldirak Che'le Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:58 pm

» Tundra the Icewing/nightwing assassin
by Baldirak Che'le Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:57 pm

» Live Finds a Way (Order of Starlights)
by Destella Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 pm

» EarthWing Ranks
by Baldirak Che'le Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:27 pm

» Our Ruin (Hanuel)
by Attor Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old)

Go down

Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Empty Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old)

Post by Oculus on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Oculus_by_thegraydragon-d88u6v9
Personal Info
Name: Oculus
Alias: Occy, Ocu, Omega
Personality: Oculus carries an air of superiority over others.  He is confident in his abilities to handle any fight, and demands respect.  He will be, however, completely loyal to those in his charge and does his best to protect them.  Oculus likes to beat down arrogant drakes and intimidate them if they threaten or try to act superior over him.  Even though he keeps a high posture, trying to look tough, he has a soft spot for the hatchlings and young, letting them do as they please and even enjoys their company.  Oculus is very calculated, figuring out possibilities of actions that have not been committed, and ways the gain vs the lose.  He is also honourable, and tends to be gentleman like with dragoness's.
Interests: Oculus enjoys preening his scales, wanting to maintain a clean and sharp appearances.  He also likes to simply observe others from a higher area, laying down.  He also enjoys talking with others, as long as they do nothing to try and be superior.
Dislikes: He dislikes being dirty, but can stand it if necessary, but will almost certainly clean himself afterwards.  Pompous drakes are a no no to him, and he feels the need to put them in their place.  Attending meetings with useless discussions bore him, and he wishes that he was not forced to attend them at times.
Fears: The lose of his eyes  

General Appearance
Height: 80ft
Scales: He has gray scales, much darker on his back than his stomach (countershading).  His scales also are thicker along his chest and back as they are meant to protect him in fights.
Eyes: NORMAL:  Yellow
                  Activated:   Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Oculus_mangekyou_eye_by_thegraydragon-d8bvlod

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: Nightwing
Family:
Mother: Alive, living in retirement
Father: Alive, living in retirement
Mate: Prasi (planned)
Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Oculus's strengths are not in his speed, toughness or strength, but in his eyes.  If looking in his eyes when they are activated (see above), he can trap those in his gaze into an illusion, forcing them to hear, smell, feel, and see what he wants them to do (naruto----genjutsu).  It is relatively easy to get out of this illusionary trap as long as someone is nearby to literally smack them back into reality.  When no one is around, Oculus will trap them, and give them the feeling that they cannot move a muscle as he comes in to physically attack if needed.  His eyes also pick things up quicker, allowing him to dodge attacks well, predict movements, and strike with deadly accuracy.
Special Abilities: Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan ---Heightened reflexes, allows mass genjutsu.
Mass Genjutsu:  Mass illusion skill, can capture multiple targets in an illusion, either a immobilizing, or a replacement one.  The most famous illusion being Steve the Rock (A rock made to look like Occy, and the target then proceeds to assault the rock).  This illusion is typically weaker, and can be broken if the victim is strong minded, and focuses on breaking it.  Breaking it takes a lot of concentration and knowledge of being in an illusion. Does not require eye contact to be made, and is limited to five (5 or V to those who can't read it sLy) targets at a single time, as any more is to strenuous.
Single Genjutsu:  This illusion is the same as the mass, but requires eye contact.  This one is almost impossible to break alone, and usually requires the strength of a trained semigod in mental warfare or a full god to break.  Most of the time, the victim is either released, or an ally strikes them to break the illusion.
Area Trap:  This illusion is almost the same as Mass Genjutsu, but it puts an area into an illusion.  For this to happen, Oculus must be in the vicinity and focused on that area to keep the illusion up.  The max size of the area that can be affected is a 200m x 200m box region.  This mainly affects those inside it, but can distort what others see looking in from outside it to cover his tracks.
Weaknesses:
Bright lights: Due to his highly acute eyesight, bright lights hurt his eyes.
Honour-bound: Oculus was raised to follow his words and be honourable.  This can be taken advantage of by dishonourable opponents.
Flirty females:Due to his lack of social skills, he has a hard time and usually breaks down when being flirted with by a pretty dragoness.  And due to his honour, he feels like he must be gentleman like, and his social skills are sub-par at best.

Combat Style: He likes to use his eyes to immobilize his target, then simple walk up and kill if necessary. Distance fighting is his forte, but if he is feeling like extending the fight, he will just use his eyes to improve his reflexes, dodging and using his tail to disorientate his opponents, and his claws to finish them off.

Background
History: Raised on the borders of NightWing territory, Oculus grew to enjoy the outdoors.  Due to the loving and caring nature of his parents, they raised him to be strong. They both trained him, his mother how to use his special eyes' properly, and his father how to be honorable and respect others, along with close combat.  He had a nice life growing up on the outskirts of the NightWing's territory, and grew up there.  It was only when he was around 14 that the NightWing army came around and harassed his parents.  Being the honorable drake he was, he challenged their captain to a fight.  That battle is what changed the course of his life.  After quite embarrassingly mopping the captain up, he was drafted into the military.  He quickly rose rank, and when the opportunity arose, he became the lieutenant of the NightWings.  However, he did not hold that position for long, as Gemini quickly retired and he came upon the five advisory system.  Here, it was what marked the beginning of his rule.  The NightWing civil war that was brewing was halted and dismantled before it could really get going, the trouble makers kept into place, and peace finally coming to the NightWings.  This new peace time did not work with the other tribes, as the still mocked the NightWings.  Oculus worked hard to improve the military system of the NightWings, quickly learning that brute strength would not win battles, and worked on training the NightWings to be strong, agile, precise and lethal warriors.  He also began his assassin's creed, his personal army who wrought terror upon those that tried to incite anarchy, and taking the surrounding rogue territory to further increase the security of the NightWings, as well as let the other tribes the NightWings were no longer the laughing stock of Pyrria.  From his skill and determination, he had risen to the ranks of the Demigods, while also leading the NightWings to a greater future.
RP Sample: Maybe later

His Armor (imagine streaks of dark crimson along the armor in a swirl pattern.  May photoshop it in if I have time)
Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) 2Q==

If this armor was for a dragon, this is what Oculus would be wearing:
Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Dragon_crusader_full_suit_by_azmal-d7ve7g3
Helmet
Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Black_and_gold_dragon_helmet_by_azmal-d7qxwjd

Last edited by Oculus on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:38 am; edited 22 times in total
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Empty Re: Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old)

Post by Atlantis on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Ok, let me know when the complete version is ready.

For the rest, is approved ^^

Watch out about my other account: Xangor
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old) Empty Re: Oculus the Illusionist (Back-up/Old)

Post by Oculus on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Probably won't be until the 10th, as that is when the site comes back

Cele

Cossy
[17:14:43 15/07/2016] @ Cosmos : EbW is more of a... rejected NW baby.
[15:39:56] @ Cosmos : I'm married to Tempest, Oculus is the father of our child, and I.. don't think it'll work out.

sLy
[22:12:50 10/04/2016] @ Sly : Oreo does NOTHING!
[22:13:21 10/04/2016] @ Sly : Except to loterally c***block everything Sly does >:I

[23:20:28 10/04/2016] Aero Dynamic : Sometimes I'm full and sometimes I'm half and sometimes I'm not even there. What am I?
[23:44:45 10/04/2016] @ Sly : My dignity

Tempest

Tenebris
[03:35:11] Virgo : if College Degrees existed in drf
[03:35:17] Virgo : What degree would your dragon have
[03:35:21] @ Tenebris : Photoshop.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:15 am

*Updated* Changed Rank and added his armor

Cele

Cossy
[15:39:56] @ Cosmos : I'm married to Tempest, Oculus is the father of our child, and I.. don't think it'll work out.

sLy
[22:13:21 10/04/2016] @ Sly : Except to loterally c***block everything Sly does >:I

[23:20:28 10/04/2016] Aero Dynamic : Sometimes I'm full and sometimes I'm half and sometimes I'm not even there. What am I?

Tempest

Tenebris
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:28 pm

*Update*
Height
added half-sentence to end of combat style

Cele

Cossy

sLy

Tempest

Tenebris
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:58 pm

*updated*
Height: 45-->67ft
History:  Revamped due to members leaving and updated to current.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:46 pm

After discussing with the staff, there isn't any reason why this should remain un-approved.

APPROVED.

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Oculus wrote:Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan ---Heightened reflexes. Allows him to predict his opponents moves, almost like he knows what they are going to do before they even do

I'm not 100% sure about this ability, because this can amount to Power-modding, where Oculus can dodge basically any kinds of attack coming at him. If you do somehow intend to keep this, I would suggest adding some limitations and weaknesses to it. E.g. is it limited to only those he has eyes on? How long can he keep it up? What can others do to counteract this foresight?

--

Aside from this, you should be good to do for a Demi.

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:56 pm

It was more a description than actuality, but fixed.

Cele

Cossy

sLy

Tempest

Tenebris
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Alright, you just need to mention you are a Demi somewhere and that will be it.

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:02 pm

sLy wrote:Alright, you just need to mention you are a Demi somewhere and that will be it.

"From his skill and determination, he had risen to the ranks of the Demigods, while also leading the NightWings to a greater future.
RP Sample: Maybe later"

Eh-hem, I demand a better/more suited admin to look this over as this one seems incompetent to read it Razz
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 pm

... I was talking about your rank. You need to add Demi next to it as well, not just sneak it in the History (and maybe the title)

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm

goood now? :'D

Cele

Cossy

sLy

Tempest

Tenebris
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:10 pm

APPROVED

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:54 pm

Add the maximum number of dragons you can capture at one time and it should be good

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 pm

APPROVED

Pleb.

Spoiler:
Sly
Sly
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Updated:
-Height
-Added sentence to personality
He is also honourable, and tends to be gentleman like with dragoness's.
-Added to combat style
if he is feeling like extending the fight, he will just use his eyes to improve his reflexes, dodging and using his tail to disorientate his opponents, and his claws to finish them off.

Cele

Cossy

sLy

Tempest

Tenebris
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down