Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Ardent, Midnight, Neltharion, Svadilfare

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

RPG-D Kitaro Weyr Ruins of Wildwood!Forum Roleplay SiteGods and MonstersX-Men/Avengers RoleplayHOSrealm of the seven

Important READ REPORT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important READ REPORT

Post by Eternities Faith on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:17 am

I have Received word of certain activities happening here on this site that i care about, that certain admins and moderators have been abusing their power, unless my most trusted friend is a Liar, of which i HIGHLY doubt, then tell me what has been happening, Phantom has already been informed of these ILLEGAL activities.

Admins banning members for simply speaking out against them in a thread a total legitimate and legal way, it is their right to do so and should never be denied, anyone doing this is breaking the law, denying someone their rights of freedom of speech is a federal offense. I am appalled to have received this horrible news, and i will not stand for it.

So tell me anyone who has seen any admin or moderator abusing their authority, do all of these four things.

Email ME at harris.dustin@aol.com
PM me
PM Phantom
POST here

do all of these things and the proof is written in stone and no admin or moderator can hide from it, if you are afraid of bigger things that you love this site and do not want to go, or you care for this site and wish it to be safe for all to come and go freely and not be pushed around, go to Forumotion's main site, their forum report everything to the administration there of these illegal activities and they will see that things are set in motion that these atrocities STOP.

I for one love this site, and wish it to be a great place for EVERYONE.

Phantom is the only one in this site that has absolute authority NO ONE ELSE, not astral not cosmos, NO ONE but Phantom, if phantom said yes to one thing but some admin or moderator told you otherwise then those admins or moderators are not in their place tell them that, if they get angry at you because they were 'undermined' not literally due to phantom being the top authority, report it to phantom. she gave you permission to can do it regardless of what anyone else says.

For example Phantom Approved of my character being a Battlemage, skilled in Melee and magic, and Astral went off to Deny it, to DENY what PHANTOM has already approved, such things are not acceptable, but i let it slide, because i did not want the drama, but now hearing it happening so many times more, i will not stand for it anymore and i am certain all of you wont stand for it either.

Finally if you have not seen or heard of such things, then i encourage you to band together, and be the ones who watch the admins, this is your site Phantom and Shardas Created this site, for them and you to enjoy, Not to be dictated by someone else abusing their authority, don't stand for it, stand against it speak up tell me tell phantom
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Male Posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Important READ REPORT

Post by Cosmos on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:49 am

I am quite shocked to see what is going on here. It wasn't me or Kazumi, we both haven't been online during the time. And I am not suspecting Astral, actually.. I am not suspecting any admin. We are Administrators of this forum because we're trusted to make good choices for the sake of the roleplaying forum. Not for what someone says In-Character that was clearly not to be taken out of the roleplaying field.

What I am confused about is not that who has banned whichever member (I'd like for you to mention which profile has been banned from accessing the forum), but why this would be illegal. How would this be illegal? Admins have the power to ban whatever members are accessing the forum, and it's really a personal decision to choose who has the most authority. If this was illegal, a lot of other sites should be taken down. Let alone that Forumotion has given admins the clearly upper-hand by GIVING them the power to ban people for whatever reason. If you can, could you PM the information on the illegal act? Because this just doesn't make sense and I feel like you're either being too dramatic or conclusive.

As for Astral.. ehh, she could be a little.. (What's the word?) strict. I'm not sure WHY she'd unapprove things that HAVE been approved by someone who has been grading these applications before Astral even existed on this site. So I will talk to her about that soon enough, and she'll probably deny these facts OR acknowledge her doings but have some "good reason" to back it up.

And as I conclude my thoughts, I will say whomever has banned this member should be removed from the staff team all-together.

[i]"Life is a gift, cherish what you've been given." [/i]
Cosmos:
Cosmos was the cutest baby..

PLEASE CLICK THE EGGS!

Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 am

After reading this... I feel shocked too

In all my time running different groups (not including DRF), I rarely see an admin/mod abusing their power, admittedly it does happen and have dealt with it before. But from what your describing it seems like your wanting a witch hunt. Which normally only causes problems to happen, creating mistrust and leading to upset. Anyway here's my opinion.

First, wheres the proof? its all well and good to shout out accusations, also I may be missing something but are you an alt? You must have some kind of connection with Phantom, I would like her to confirm that your speaking for her. I also noticed your already saying that Astral has abused her power in some way, also with overruling another admin normally is a bad thing but if said admin noticed a fault or an undermining feature that would effect the plot then it would be best to discuss and confirm.

About the banning, I can safely say I'm one of the most active here, okay I live in the UK so I do miss a lot but over my time being online I have never seen anyone get banned (inless it was a spammer, or worse) without justified reason. Another point I would like to add, this isn't a dictatorship, Phantom has power yes and is like the head admin, but if you believe that Phantom should have all the power then this creates an even worse issue. What if one day Phantom was wrong about something, and other staff members brought it up, so your saying it doesn't matter Phantom controls everything?

I agree with cossy about using Illegal and legal terms, there are no said laws, also no one has done anything Illegal. You talk about people having their freedom of speech taken away, I have never seen this, in fact its encouraged to voice your opinion.

Finally I would like to add, if your an alt of someone I would like to know. Because at this point I don't know who you are and to me it looks like your trying to cause trouble.

Anyway that's it for my rant, but when it comes to causing mistrust it becomes a massive issue to me because I have seen it destroy so many groups.

Alts: Nebula, Blizzard, Zyailor, Dusk, Monsoon, Devi, Degzauth, Rohkar, Lucy
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:05 am

I know for a fact that (unless I've been hacked) the only people I've banned were bots when we were under that spam attack.
I'm with Cossy no this. I was not aware that this happened, and would have like to stop it if it did happen while I was there.
Instead of giving generic terms, could you please say who was banned, and who was the banner? That way we can sort out exactly what happened, see if the staff had a good reason or not, and take action so it doesn't happen again.
I realize you did this to avoid pointing fingers-I'm the same way-but in this case we need to know.
I also think we just need to set down ground rules in general. Your character can have this, can't have this. This is what goes on, this doesn't. Just so the staff doesn't disagree.

Shiningwater's Bio
Dusk Ref:

Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

View user profile http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:42 am

O.O you seem to forget Cossy, I have been running sites for a long time and don't get me started with the other stuff. I'd really rather not have to rant right now.

Back on topic the biggest flaw with your accusations is that there are security logs kept of everything deleted and everyone banned which can not be erased. Any of the admins can see you are spreading rumors and lies with the intended purpose of causing harm to ones reputation. You can't just join the site not rp any or even hang around and then start causing a ruckus like this out of the blue.

Edit:
Due to this behavior and problems in the past you have received a 10 day ban.(talked with Phantom and cleared some things up. Sorry I keep forgetting. It's hard paying attention to who all is who.)

Any of you who feel he was right and that I'm covering something up feel free to pm Phantom about it.

Quotes:
[15:53:21] Apolis : Yes, semi gods shall be treated with the uttermost respect of course!
Gala: UNLEASH THE FURY OF THE NIGHT!
[00:33:27] Abyss : Happy coming outta yer mum day~
[01:31:17] XaJjang : 90% of this site's "Metagaming" or "Powerplaying" is the opposite.
[01:31:26] XaJjang : It's jsut really badly worded posted, or jsut bad posts in general.
Celestia
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Female Scorpio Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:56 pm

This topic will be locked unless otherwise.

[i]"Life is a gift, cherish what you've been given." [/i]
Cosmos:
Cosmos was the cutest baby..

PLEASE CLICK THE EGGS!

Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top