Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Day is so... (Open to all)
by Vilkas Today at 2:56 pm

» Spectre, Geist in the Mirror(updated)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Today at 9:36 am

» Heroes Reborn: A Post-Homecoming MCU AU [jcink]
by Guest Today at 7:27 am

» Salutations, my brethren
by Spectre Today at 6:35 am

» Advisory Training? (Wake)
by Wake Yesterday at 1:49 pm

» An Odd set of Twins (Read/critic only)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:07 pm

» Down Down And Down
by JunEye Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm

» Snow on the Mountain (Open to all)
by Cyclone and Typhoon Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:33 am

» INFIDELIS: A Modern-Day Stray Dog Survival RP
by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm

» New Locations for different Tribes.
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 pm

» Ethereal
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:01 pm

» scripts are kewl
by Anon_lulz Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:35 pm

» Snow and Romance and... danger (Destella)
by Destella Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:32 am

» Ragnarock (Finished)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 am

» Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only)
by Súl Iolar Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm

» extinction-stray canine rpg
by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:01 pm

» PLEDGE; A Pokemon RP
by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 pm

» Tenebris has returned
by Raygnar Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:14 am

» Oh, my manners! Yesss...
by Taconth Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:05 pm

» Taconth's (ISwooceRightIn) Swooceful Character List (and one rabbit head)
by Taconth Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:34 pm

» Taconth, The Oddity
by Taconth Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm

» Solving the Mysteries (Open to All)
by Monster Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:54 pm

» 1st Dragon! :D
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 am

» Mission: Twilight (Open to all)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 pm

» Role-Playing and Roll-Playing
by JunEye Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:15 am

Quick Links

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Site Ideas/Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Site Ideas/Changes

Post by Aiden on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:08 pm

I hope I don't seem snarky with this overall topic, but I felt it was necessary to share these ideas that could make the website a more enjoyable experience. The site right now is, in my opinion, a rough draft of an amazing story that needs some changes to make it perfect! If you're worried about my credentials, or why my opinions even matter, I was the head server and forum administrator for 3 years for a youtuber's forum/game servers. The forum roughly 800-1000 registered members and about 80-100 members active daily. Organization, friendliness, cleanliness, and enforcement to a forum's survival and growth. I'm just going to post these change ideas in small sections, so let me know what you think below!

New Rules: Signature size restriction (dimensions can be discussed at a later time). We know how cool signatures can be, but at times they can be over-sized, clunky, and can cause lots of scrolling for users when browsing a role playing thread (where the signature pictures are larger than the role-playing text, at times.) All it will do is increase the efficiency of the forum, and set some minor guidelines for signatures overall.

Website Changes:
-ChatBox: Remove the side pull out tab, it'll make the website look cleaner, and keep the right side of the forum from looking so empty. Make the chatbox its own tab/section in the selection above, rather than being placed at the bottom of the index. We want people to notice and recognize the chatbox as an actual part of the website.

-Banner/overall website appearance: Remove the existing, massive banner image. The text on it looks messy, and why does it have the website's url on it? We know which site we're on Razz . Get together (the site creator and the admins) and discuss a website logo (with the abbreviation of the website upon it? DRF) along with a set color scheme that the website will have. The background image and the website banner look cool and all, but they look messy. (this is all my honest opinion, mind you. All can all be discussed, and created at a later point).

-The "Create A Dragon Section": When a dragon character is accepted, it should be moved into a new forum section (Perhaps "Established Dragons"?) under the "Roleplaying" box. Characters could be updated there, whilst new members can still put their character applications in the "create a dragon section". I have ideas about better organizing this, but I'm still formulating my thoughts.

Staff Changes: Keep the following Staff list (Admin, Moderator, etc.), but you guys need Janitors! What's a Janitor you might ask? Probably the next best to a moderator. They have limited control on what they can do with the website (ranging from username changing, to putting a thread into its correct section, deleting spam threads, etc.), but they are still a valuable part of the team. They are often easy positions to get, but are still a valuable part of the staff team. They'll do the light lifting of the moderators/admins, and will typically be the ones online when neither a mod nor an admin is.

Need help learning how to role-play? Want to learn how to become a better writer?
I behold to you a brand new help section, the "RP help section"! Let's face it, when new members join simply out of love for dragons, or after reading some of the rp's that have gone on here and have no background with role-playing, it's gonna be ugly. This new section would cater to the new members, in order to help them with effectively being able to rp whilst also having fun with it Very Happy . Help could be given by any of the experienced role-players/writers, and a teacher/student relationship could be established with the new member. This new section would assist new members into the forum. It would not be a necessary requirement to go here for help, but rather voluntary. It too, would help continue the quality of role playing that this forum has.

This is just a small sample of ideas I have for this website, in order to make it more efficient and inviting forum. If you have any comments, remarks or opinions on this topic, feel free to share below!

Last edited by Aiden on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical mistakes)
Aiden

Male Cancer Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Site Ideas/Changes

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Two things.

1. I love everything you just said.

2. EMUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Rules:
I can agree with you. People here follow the rules obliviously and it's only occasionally they break one or few, and when that happens it's a minor rule. Because of this I think we need stricter rules, if the current ones are easy to follow then enforcing stricter ones shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

Janitor:

I do not agree with you here, however. I don't believe we need this. There aren't many requests such as "Name Change" and other various requests, and when they are requested it usually gets handled immediately by Admins. I see no need for this.

Banner
Not sure. Seems fine to me, as long as it's not stretching the screen, all ends well.

Signature Size

Hands down, agreed.

Character Creation

Not sure. I've seen no suggestions nor complaints about a approve character section, everything seems fine to me, but it has crossed my mind once or twice before. . .

Chatbox

I think the add-on on the right gets the chatbox known, this also helps me communicate with her and him when I'm browsing this and that without opening a new tab or clicking that home button every time I want to say something.

RP Help Section
Some, some, do come here with little experience in RP. And your RPing will improve if you well. . .RP! But I don't think we need a whole section for it. You'll get better as you go on.

And if we applied all these changes we're basically revamping the site to your and some other's appeal, no offense.  Think 

[i]"Life is a gift, cherish what you've been given." [/i]
Cosmos:
Cosmos was the cutest baby..

PLEASE CLICK THE EGGS!

Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Cosmos wrote:Rules:
I can agree with you. People here follow the rules obliviously and it's only occasionally they break one or few, and when that happens it's a minor rule. Because of this I think we need stricter rules, if the current ones are easy to follow then enforcing stricter ones shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

Janitor:

I do not agree with you here, however. I don't believe we need this. There aren't many requests such as "Name Change" and other various requests, and when they are requested it usually gets handled immediately by Admins. I see no need for this.

Banner
Not sure. Seems fine to me, as long as it's not stretching the screen, all ends well.

Signature Size

Hands down, agreed.

Character Creation

Not sure. I've seen no suggestions nor complaints about a approve character section, everything seems fine to me, but it has crossed my mind once or twice before. . .

Chatbox

I think the add-on on the right gets the chatbox known, this also helps me communicate with her and him when I'm browsing this and that without opening a new tab or clicking that home button every time I want to say something.

RP Help Section
Some, some, do come here with little experience in RP. And your RPing will improve if you well. . .RP! But I don't think we need a whole section for it. You'll get better as you go on.

And if we applied all these changes we're basically revamping the site to your and some other's appeal, no offense.  Think 

Most of the ideals are based on previous experience with a rather large community base. So, in retrospect, some ideas only seem reasonable when you have that many people to manage, with few staff to regulate them. As for the Chatbox, perhaps the side tab could be kept, but move it up form the bottom of the index and into it's own tab. The side bar could be kept, and it wouldn't just be found at the pit of the index. Another idea, with the dragon creation section is that when a character is accepted, it is put into a tribe character section (according to the one they applied to) for ease of access. It would just keep the dragon creation section from getting too cluttered over time.
Aiden

Male Cancer Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm glad you opened this topic and i like everything of what you said, i had some of these things in mind too
well done

She might look simple but she is deep, loyal and so sensible she does have a great intuition. Strong and wise as her father was, she comfort and give hope, but can be a uncexpected true force of the nature you should watch out of, expecially if she have someone to protect.

Slee Asra Erin Aly
Arts ©️ charro Isvoc Rafa
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiden on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Sleenia wrote:I'm glad you opened this topic and i like everything of what you said, i had some of these things in mind too
well done

Thanks! It's good to know that I'm not the only crazy one here Razz . This is all for the benefit of the community, so if there is a strong general consensus that they want certain changes to happen, then they should happen.
Aiden

Male Cancer Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top