Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Log in

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.org Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.org

Latest topics
» Cassy stalker
by Cassy Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Trading Post (open)
by darvik Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 pm

» Third Character of Nevermore, Cassian
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:17 pm

» The Finding of The Enchanted Blades. (Solo)
by Cassian Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:15 pm

» Rotten Forest (Open to all)
by Cassian Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:11 pm

» Searching (Open to Dragons/Lessers)
by Wake Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:49 am

» To be a "Lesser" Creature in a World Dominated by Dragons (Open)
by Itazura Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:23 pm

» this is a monster that i made and im hoping that you guys like them
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 am

» FARSIGHT NEW APP
by Wake Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am

» Drakon the Pet
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 am

» Random Encounters (Open to All)
by booboosousa Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 am

» A Fortunate Paradox of Time [Private Full Gods]
by Kayin Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 pm

» Aftermath (Starlights only)
by Raak-tolIs Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 pm

» Monster Meeting (Open)
by Vann Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:00 pm

» booboosousa's characters
by booboosousa Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 am

» Sourite
by booboosousa Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:52 am

» this Pitiful life (Story submission )
by Tharasis Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 am

» How to raise your dragons (Private Svad)
by Svadilfare Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 am

» jello...more like hello
by Hydra Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:19 pm

» Multiverse Contest!
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:16 pm

» Second Character of Nevermore, Itazura
by Bassasail Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:32 pm

» the meeting(open to humans)
by darvik Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 pm

» Lets play pretend (private Paradox and Baldi)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:14 pm

» Guide to DP, AP, and WP (part of the DP revamp)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:02 pm

» Staff Application: Character Mod
by Hydra Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 110 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

IDEAS, YAY!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I WAS TOLD TO WRITE A TOPIC ABOUT THIS! SO HERE IT IS! I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY OTHER THEN THE FACT WE NEED TIMELINES AND MORE LORE! IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS SAY IT IN THE COMMENTS!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Atlantis on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:15 am

Chibi wrote:I like the idea for it, I deeply do, BUT I am going to take veiw from both sides of this disscution. Trinyah first!
I agree that this would be a good idea because the ofrum would be more organized, successful, and also we would have better chracters and topics. I do agree that most people are unlikely to look back a t old topics, and reread them. I think the only old topics that should be kept is the ones that contain importain information.

Now, other peoples side.
It is nice to look back apon old memories, and old topics to see what has been done. I don't exactly like the idead of the gods combinding their powers and a second big bang happening. Wouldn't that KILL all of our chracters? People have grown to love and care for their chracters, and other peoples chracters. It would be a shame for them to just all die and not be remembered.

Hope you understand my points! If there is something you want to add on or put that I didn't get right please tell me!

If we would talk about better organization, deleting or keeping old topics doesn't change nothing. They're in the Graveyard for a reason. They don't have any influence on the forum, so what is the point to delete them?

There could be users that don't want to see their creativity wasted and stuff deleted. Deleting old roleplays is like burning books, in my opinion. Some topics are really very good and there's also the history of the forum inside. I'm personally one of those users that like to read old roleplays, also from other users..

We need to find a compromise at this point to solve the question because I understand people would like to simply see the forum "clean".

I believe we're perfectly fine having a section "Graveyard." that can accomodate both sides.

Trinyah wrote:No no no, in the Big Bang I mean the dragons would be the same, they would all be shoved through a protective thingy with swirling colors by Trinyah (Lolz Razz) and then they would come out unharmed!

Characters will be alive, but with this idea you're actually suggesting to destroy Pyyria and make something totally new. This is my personal interpretaiton: what are you saying, you want to erase all the territories and replace them with something else. I think we're fine with the current territories.
Trinyah wrote:
As for the age thing, Atlas. Each dragon ages differently. Dragons can live for approximately 2000 years. And since dragons only age about one year every month if you actually age your dragon, it would take 1000 months until your character actually starts to be effected by age. Unless you make them old, in which case it was your choice

I think users should be free to choose when their characters will become older, without having a timeline. Also, this is actually your personal interpretation of dragon age.

Another topic we need to discuss is about how dragon years work. I think it's quite confusary to have a dragon age system.

What about to switch to a generic classification?

"Hatcling, Pup, Young, Adult, Old, Ancient".

So it's simple and clear to understand how much old the dragon it is. We don't have "dragon ages" anymore, but my idea can accomodate all the users because everyone has its own interpretation of "dragon age".

_______________________


Watch out about my other account: Xangor
avatar
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742
Reputation : 8
Location : From the Atlantic Ocean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 am

Well Atlas, if what you say about ages is true, then we have an entirely different problem. All dragons need to age. Its the natural balance of life. You can't just not age because you don't feel like it. WE NEEDZ REALISM.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Atlantis on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:12 am

Trinyah wrote:Well Atlas, if what you say about ages is true, then we have an entirely different problem. All dragons need to age. Its the natural balance of life. You can't just not age because you don't feel like it. WE NEEDZ REALISM.

I understand the point to have a dragon age system because living things are supposed to have ages.

However I think everyone has its own interpretation of dragon age system.

A dragon could have a life of 1000 human years, or 3000 human years, or persumably be immortal. So how can we find an aggrement about dragon age?

My idea is to have the generic classification (Hatcling, Pup, Young, Adult, Old, Ancient) can accomodate everyone, so we don't have to think about dragon ages.




_______________________


Watch out about my other account: Xangor
avatar
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742
Reputation : 8
Location : From the Atlantic Ocean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:23 am

That's your opinion. I want Trinyah to grow old and die, so I can pass her legacy onto her hatchlings.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Atlantis on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 am

Trinyah wrote:That's your opinion. I want Trinyah to grow old and die, so I can pass her legacy onto her hatchlings.

With my idea your character would be "Young". You can let her to become "Adult", without necessarily having a timeline.

My classification don't stop people from growing their characters.

_______________________


Watch out about my other account: Xangor
avatar
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742
Reputation : 8
Location : From the Atlantic Ocean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 am

Atlas, what is with you and being against timelines? Razz ALl its doing is giving the forum more of a history, like say some time ago the first dragons were created, or the tribes were created, that sort of thing. Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Atlantis on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 am

Trinyah wrote:Atlas, what is with you and being against timelines? Razz ALl its doing is giving the forum more of a history, like say some time ago the first dragons were created, or the tribes were created, that sort of thing. Razz

I'm against timelines because users should be free to choose how to grow their characters. This is my point of view.






_______________________


Watch out about my other account: Xangor
avatar
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742
Reputation : 8
Location : From the Atlantic Ocean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 am

Sorry Atlas, but I can't really make the timeline without the Big Bang 2. And I can't do the Big Bang 2 without the timeline. I don't know enough about the forum's history to make a timeline. :/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Sleenia on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:20 pm

why are you so obsessed by this thing of the timeline? why one cannot be free to roleplay in a relaxed and comfortable way with the others enjoying it instead of making it unconfortable? not everyone what to follow this idea, at least, not by force, if one want to age a charachter, to me is ok, if one do not is ok and reasonable too. I don't understand this ungence you have forcing EVERYONE to follow this new "law". it's like a tyrant decided it anyway. I don't want to roleplay like that, i want to be free and collaborate with other users to make adventures and maybe open topic about the past or the future, but only if one feel to do so. it's corredct to respect the ideas of others, and this will involve every single member, and you will delete all the topic which doesn't make sense either

_______________________

She might look simple but she is deep, loyal and so sensible she does have a great intuition. Strong and wise as her father was, she comfort and give hope, but can be a uncexpected true force of the nature you should watch out of, expecially if she have someone to protect.

Slee Asra Erin Aly
Arts ©️ charro Isvoc Rafa
avatar
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Reputation : 0
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm fine with that Sleenia. I've given my character a timeline, starting this august. It's in my profile. I am upset with myself for getting out of control again, and looking back on my rage mode the other night, I have discovered two things: 1. I am not suit for the role of admin. 2. Sometimes Neptune annoys the heck outta me.

I want to make things up to you with a roleplay. Will you approve. Wimper

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Sleenia on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 pm

It's should be obvious that I would like to roleplay with you Trinyah!

_______________________

She might look simple but she is deep, loyal and so sensible she does have a great intuition. Strong and wise as her father was, she comfort and give hope, but can be a uncexpected true force of the nature you should watch out of, expecially if she have someone to protect.

Slee Asra Erin Aly
Arts ©️ charro Isvoc Rafa
avatar
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Reputation : 0
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum